News Giants in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I welcome these bans, AFL players are meant to be role models.

This means any time any AFL player does anything wrong they get banned for matches, right.

Right??
So I’m guessing you’ve never gone to a stand up show?

If what you say is true why is only our captain Fined? Been plenty of actions by players over the last 12 months worse than a joke and no charge, and captain not even mentioned.

It seems that the AFL has now ventured into the dodgy area of private bad taste.
Comedy is largely based on bad taste.
I could say so much about that but lets face the reality.

The reality is that the AFL have penalised, players, the club, the fans, the sponsor and all who love AFL.
The AFL has penalised the club and it's unlikely to win certain games.
So OK, can GWS say, we get it , you're penalising us, knowing we wont win games
so we forfeit those games. What's the point in playing those games.
The AFL wants the GWS to lose games. OK forfeit and the AFL loses money.

The AFL has just penalised itself - ridiculous.

It seems that the AFL has now ventured into the dodgy area of private bad taste.
Comedy is largely based on bad taste.
I could say so much about that but lets face the reality.

The reality is that the AFL have penalised, players, the club, the fans, the sponsor and all who love AFL.
The AFL has penalised the club and it's unlikely to win certain games.
So OK, can GWS say, we get it , you're penalising us, knowing we wont win games
so we forfeit those games. What's the point in playing those games.
The AFL wants the GWS to lose games. OK forfeit and the AFL loses money.

The AFL has just penalised itself - ridiculous.
Interestingly the AFL only suspended players unlikely to feature in the 1sts next season, other than perhaps Ricca

Interestingly the AFL only suspended players unlikely to feature in the 1sts next season, other than perhaps Ricca
I think there was a lot that went on behind the scenes with that.

Early reports that I saw had up to 10 players facing suspensions. I'm sure our club pushed back on that, and this was the result.

The AFL for whatever reason felt like they had to make an example here so they've said "Okay, we won't suspend any of your important big name players if you don't kick up too much of a fuss". So Fahey, Riccardi, Fonti, Thomas and McMullin are the scapegoats. The AFL gets to say they're cracking down and the Giants get out without having their season badly derailed.

That's my take anyway.

I think there was a lot that went on behind the scenes with that.

Early reports that I saw had up to 10 players facing suspensions. I'm sure our club pushed back on that, and this was the result.

The AFL for whatever reason felt like they had to make an example here so they've said "Okay, we won't suspend any of your important big name players if you don't kick up too much of a fuss". So Fahey, Riccardi, Fonti, Thomas and McMullin are the scapegoats. The AFL gets to say they're cracking down and the Giants get out without having their season badly derailed.

That's my take anyway.
They made an example because we are a smaller non vic club. No other reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Giants in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back