Toast Giants Social Media - Best in the Business.

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see some negativity on Twitter / X regarding the Social Media team and the lack of 'clever' memes after last night.

It is to be expected after a loss, but I also noted on the Sunday Footy Show recently when there was a brief discussion about the Giants' SM output as a bit smart-ar*ey and the need to pull back.

Again, the SM team has to be very careful with the Giants in such poor form. Leave the players alone on game day (didn't happen yesterday) and stop giving fodder to the opposition.

My love / hate for the Giants' SM team continues.

Interesting to see some negativity on Twitter / X regarding the Social Media team and the lack of 'clever' memes after last night.

It is to be expected after a loss, but I also noted on the Sunday Footy Show recently when there was a brief discussion about the Giants' SM output as a bit smart-ar*ey and the need to pull back.

Again, the SM team has to be very careful with the Giants in such poor form. Leave the players alone on game day (didn't happen yesterday) and stop giving fodder to the opposition.

My love / hate for the Giants' SM team continues.
If our players aren’t professional enough to play while the social media do the job they need to do then we have bigger issues as a club than we realise.

I couldn’t give two shits what VFL media think about our efforts up here.

Normally I take vicafl media with a grain of salt, but in this case, I do have a bit of a concern considering the reverse effect the SM stuff is having.

All good when you're winning. Underperforming and all aspects of the club need scrutiny.

Good chat Colonial, as usual 👏

Normally I take vicafl media with a grain of salt, but in this case, I do have a bit of a concern considering the reverse effect the SM stuff is having.
What effect? It has had nothing to do with the players efforts. Social media has nothing to do with game plans, fitness, players efforts. Is an easy hit for media to have a sook as it’s not the traditional way of doing things.
All good when you're winning. Underperforming and all aspects of the club need scrutiny.
As said, SM has zero to do with onfield product.
Good chat Colonial, as usual 👏
👍

The social media fan engagement is our club’s single biggest win for 2024.

It helps build the club’s influence both locally and nationally, and demonstrates we have a sense of humour (ie, we’re not a humourless VFL team - and that includes South in their bizarrely promoted ‘anniversary’ year).

Zero impact on our on-field footy performance, other than it’s generally a positive for club morale and gives us a media platform and a voice that isn’t intermediated by the bought media in VFL company town.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back