Gilmore.

Remove this Banner Ad

I never bagged him, but i wasn't a huge fan of him either. He has surprised me and has been very good, he should be a regular next year as an on baller when sandi and robbie are rucking.

Don't know where we could play him when Sandi returns :confused:

I believe he is playing well because he just runs off his opposing ruckmen... The real questions is how well can he play when matched up against a 3rd tall and has to be accountable

Gilmore should pay in the ruck as a midfielder when Sandilainds comes back. He has been getting a ton of clearances at the moment. He is big bodied and has good accelaration to help us with our clearances. I got to really hand it Gilmore. He was in and out of a team and a complete scapegoat. But he proved us wrong and shown us what he is truly capable of :thumbsu:

Don't know where we could play him when Sandi returns :confused:

I believe he is playing well because he just runs off his opposing ruckmen... The real questions is how well can he play when matched up against a 3rd tall and has to be accountable

I reckon you are way off the mark. He looked very good to me when he was roving Warnocks ruckwork, and I reckon he would look better roving Sandi's. Why would he need to be matched up on a 3rd tall? That junk is for defenders. Gilly is looking more and more like a midfielder. And a pretty good one at that.

I think gilmore struggled playing one on one with another player. Generally ruckmen take the ruck knock and then go their seperate ways which suits gilmore perfectly. He's got a huge engine and can just run around collecting a mountain of possessions.

That's why he does so well at wafl level the coach just left him do his own thing and be more damaging than his opponent. But CC brought him in and tried to make him do the disciplined team things and he struggled.

I think gilmore struggled playing one on one with another player. Generally ruckmen take the ruck knock and then go their seperate ways which suits gilmore perfectly. He's got a huge engine and can just run around collecting a mountain of possessions.

That's why he does so well at wafl level the coach just left him do his own thing and be more damaging than his opponent. But CC brought him in and tried to make him do the disciplined team things and he struggled.

sounds like Walker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I can say that I was right :cool:....

This guy was never really given a chance and always first one dropped ....

Well done Happy !!!!:thumbsu:

is it just my eyes or has this guy grown about 10cm...is he the same Gilmore that was a half back flanker from a couple of years ago?

with Gilmore and Warnock doing great things in the ruck would Sandilands be up for trade?

Same Gilmore, he's listed at 189cm (same height as Chris Judd) he just has a good leap. He is competitive at ruck contests but hardly dominant. Much like Fraser (although not the best comparison) his work around the ground is where he is the most damaging.

Sandi is signed until 2010 so its safe to say the club see him as part of the future, and would be stupid not to. He has been troubled by injuries this season and people have quickly forgotten how much promise he showed in 2006. It would be hard to argue that a Sandilands/Warnock ruck combo with Gilmore in the middle or on a flank is not a better option than just Warnock/Gilmore.

Interesting to hear his comments after the game yesterday. He said something along the lines of "Harvey has shown a lot of faith in me." Reading between the lines, this suggests that CC did not show the same confidence, which led to him being dropped etc.

Bear in mind that that was a slow looking Essendon. He's not going to get 30 touches every week. Still, he has come a very long way in a short time. In career best form.:thumbsu:

I have a soft spot for gilmore. He comes from the same junior footclub as me. I told a mate of mine 7 rounds back that I didn't think he'd get another game. Things sure have changed since then.

In tennis terms, he was Match point down and his return of serve clipped the tape, lucky for him it fell the right way. It's now a new set and he is a break up and looking good.

he still did his usual trademark move though.

"grab the ball and torpedeo it into our forward 50 letting, straight to an oposition player"

he still did his usual trademark move though.

"grab the ball and torpedeo it into our forward 50 letting, straight to an oposition player"

It did the same against the toast after a great run. It wasn't a torpie though.

He has another uncanny knack of landing a ball were no one is going to mark it, from either side.
Every time he makes a mistake I think ou ohh he's gonna cop it on Big Footy. :p

All in all we are happy Happy is happy and if he keeps improving .... look out Brownlow. !

This from Matt Burgans team of the round:

INTERCHANGE
Daniel Gilmore (Fremantle)
– The versatile Docker played the best of his 30 AFL matches against the Dons, as a mobile ruckman. His 31 disposals, 10 inside 50s, eight clearances and one goal may prove a turning point in his career.

Yeah thats right...8 clearances. How good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gilmore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back