Gipplsand Power

Remove this Banner Ad

go the power

Draftee
Mar 10, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
seem to be going very well at the moment and one wood say a very easy run to finals. Have knocked off northern and calder over the past few weeks who are both shaping to be finals contenders.. can they go all the way!?

And draft prospects:

Lachlan Hansen: definate

Rob Eddy: 2-3 Round?

Ben Ross 3-4 round?

Ben Hughes: 4th round?

Brent Macaffer: 4th round?

Jeff Ryan:4th round?

Just having a stab. comment and let me know where you think these fella;s will end up

One would have to suggest that until someone... Anyone beats the Rebels, they have to be considered the only team with a chance.

16 wins from 16 games, with a percentage of almost 200... I'm not willing to say anyone but them can go all the way.

Geelong and Sandringham are the only two teams to get within 30 points of them, with losses of 14 and 21 points, respectively.

yeh going quite well are gippsland. although they still arent playing at their best!

Hansen: of course - draft camp

Ross: I believe will go around 3rd round early 4th - deserves a shot is definalty good enough and can kick plenty of running goals which clubs want - draft camp

Eddy: hard to say with him - deserves a shot - could go anywhere - screening

Hughes and Macaffer: same boat - both screening's and are outside chances as rookies or late pick ups. both good enough i believe - height may be a facotr as they are KPP. more so hughes.

Ryan: Solid defender provides run - is a chance pace might hurt him

you left out goldsack: who i believe is a chance also - tall and versatile - can go anywhere on the ground. clubs will love that.

Feel free to critisise or compliment but i believe best chances are with Hansen, Ross and Eddy.

Yeh will probably go all the way with a fantstic list. Agree with you that Hansen, Ross and Eddy will definatly go but the others could go anywhere or even not go

vegas_king said:
yeh going quite well are gippsland. although they still arent playing at their best!

Hansen: of course - draft camp

Ross: I believe will go around 3rd round early 4th - deserves a shot is definalty good enough and can kick plenty of running goals which clubs want - draft camp

Eddy: hard to say with him - deserves a shot - could go anywhere - screening

Hughes and Macaffer: same boat - both screening's and are outside chances as rookies or late pick ups. both good enough i believe - height may be a facotr as they are KPP. more so hughes.

Ryan: Solid defender provides run - is a chance pace might hurt him

you left out goldsack: who i believe is a chance also - tall and versatile - can go anywhere on the ground. clubs will love that.

Feel free to critisise or compliment but i believe best chances are with Hansen, Ross and Eddy.

I really like Eddy and I would be very surprised if he didnt go in top 20. Woudl love him to get to Pies so I might be biased. I think he's exactly what we are after and has plenty of improvement. Good pace, good ball getter, good kick and finds the ball in the corridor. I wouldn't be upset if we got him with our first pick - can't see him going any higher though.

I would be surprised if someone didnt take a chance on Macaffer.

go the power said:
seem to be going very well at the moment and one wood say a very easy run to finals. Have knocked off northern and calder over the past few weeks who are both shaping to be finals contenders.. can they go all the way!?

And draft prospects:

Ben Ross 3-4 round?

Just having a stab. comment and let me know where you think these fella;s will end up
Must say I'm surprised that Youle & Delphine didn't get at least a screening, if you look at their stats, both of them have had a much higher percentage of kicks effective, handballs effective so on. Whilst these guys are not flashy players, they are certaintly hard workers & both were good enough to play for Vic Country.

go the power said:

And draft prospects:

Ben Ross 3-4 round?

hansen we all know about...eddy deserves the chance:work horse and will get an oppotunity,late round-rookie
ross will go but could end up anywhere....hughes is too slow mccaffer is just a short strong body in an u18 comp and jeff ryan is far far tooo slow!

goldsack could be a chance but as a 19 y.o should be doing more against 1/2 years below him.....athletic ang agile but just hasnt impressed enough against "kids"...but could also end up somewhere:late-rookie

there have been a few that have mentioned Ryan as being far too slow, i havent seen him alot to be honest but i did watch the first half on the weekend and the first two leads bachar houli went on ryan nearly matched him, not off the mark but could keep up and houli is one of the quicker players in the comp. just an observation!

Ryan: he reads the play well and provides run off the half back, thoughts are he is a good natural footballer who provides alot of talk and gives instructions, real leader but if he is lacking speed it will really hurt him, will be interesting to see his 20m sprint time after the screening.

Eddy: should definately be in with a chance but its interesting he didn't get an invite back to the draft camp, does this mean he had under 5 clubs looking at him.. its hard to believe with his resume, all aust. ais etc. etc. hard working, great at winning the ball but can tend to try pin point the pass with kicking and miss having say that he kicked 4 straight on sat.

Ross: reads the flight of the ball and gets to the fall of it so much better than any1 else, he hits it flat out and can do the amazing... so have a real chance at at least 3rd to 4th round!

Hansen: obvious drafted just whether 1,2 or 3!

Delphine - Youle: imo are both great and winning the ball and delphine can use it over shorter distances, no more than 45, but youle is the same but tends to just kick long rather than opening up his vision, both great ball winners but have struggled to catch recruiters eye for individual reasons!!1

Goldsack: shows great potential, is very athlectic and can take a good mark!! but in saying this he is the extra year developed and hasnt shown enough against the boys of the comp.

Hughes: isnt tall enough for kpp at the elite level and is too slow to play anywhere else is a great u18 player but too small for afl cant see him making it!!

Macaffer: is a strong body with great hands and very athletic but wouldnt play ff when he steps up a level and would have to be drafted on his athletic ability and hope he could be developed into another style of plaer!!!

All up they have some very good footballers but whether they can match it with ballarat is a different story, its hard to tell how many of these players will get drafted, you'd have to say hansen and ross as the probabl's and the rest as possibles IMO

hirdy.best.eva said:
there have been a few that have mentioned Ryan as being far too slow, i havent seen him alot to be honest but i did watch the first half on the weekend and the first two leads bachar houli went on ryan nearly matched him, not off the mark but could keep up and houli is one of the quicker players in the comp. just an observation!

Ryan: he reads the play well and provides run off the half back, thoughts are he is a good natural footballer who provides alot of talk and gives instructions, real leader but if he is lacking speed it will really hurt him, will be interesting to see his 20m sprint time after the screening.

Eddy: should definately be in with a chance but its interesting he didn't get an invite back to the draft camp, does this mean he had under 5 clubs looking at him.. its hard to believe with his resume, all aust. ais etc. etc. hard working, great at winning the ball but can tend to try pin point the pass with kicking and miss having say that he kicked 4 straight on sat.

Ross: reads the flight of the ball and gets to the fall of it so much better than any1 else, he hits it flat out and can do the amazing... so have a real chance at at least 3rd to 4th round!

Hansen: obvious drafted just whether 1,2 or 3!

Delphine - Youle: imo are both great and winning the ball and delphine can use it over shorter distances, no more than 45, but youle is the same but tends to just kick long rather than opening up his vision, both great ball winners but have struggled to catch recruiters eye for individual reasons!!1

Goldsack: shows great potential, is very athlectic and can take a good mark!! but in saying this he is the extra year developed and hasnt shown enough against the boys of the comp.

Hughes: isnt tall enough for kpp at the elite level and is too slow to play anywhere else is a great u18 player but too small for afl cant see him making it!!

Macaffer: is a strong body with great hands and very athletic but wouldnt play ff when he steps up a level and would have to be drafted on his athletic ability and hope he could be developed into another style of plaer!!!

All up they have some very good footballers but whether they can match it with ballarat is a different story, its hard to tell how many of these players will get drafted, you'd have to say hansen and ross as the probabl's and the rest as possibles IMO
Its good to see some people posting quality content on here. Good work to all of you in this thread :thumbsu:

yeah they are good footballers youle and delphine and ryan and hughes.

But i believe they all lack something. or dont have a special talent to get them to the AFL that stands out enough at this stage!

Whereas hansen is obviously just a brilliant mark and extremely talented, ross has the speed and ability at readin the play and goldsack is very versatile but may not be showing enough at this stage!

yes i agree. I just posted about ross on the Ben Ross thread. believe he shows enough. Hansen is just superb. and for the others at power i dont see enough in any of the other players. they dont have anything that will jump out and grab a recruiter in my eyes. Although Eddy deserves a shot! works very hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gipplsand Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Back