Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 7, 2007
Sale, Vic
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United
Magnuson is playing, the rumour is maffra are trying to persuade a young keeper from within area to the club, to cover the loss of lanigan who looks set to build upon his three wickets he took at dowling shield bowling wrong'uns.

Apparently Macreadie and Justin Emery are intending to play this year, at what level and how much i am not sure but both would be valuable for RK.

If the murmurings are true Ronaldson may not play cricket, in favour of going to SA for football...but who knows Mayhem may...

Well, in all seriousness, Lanigan has been told that he may require a knee reco, so, that might cause a slight interuption to his season. I wonder who the keeper would be? I assume the kid Cameron that played for Bois Briag last season?

Macreadie and Emery both very valuable if they return. Emery has recently purchased a boat however, and this may mean he has other things he wants to do with his summer weekends. Both are fairly dedicated footballers, and casual cricketers and may see regular cricket as a hinderance. Having more 1 day games may help.

No idea about Ronaldson.

Re: Gippsland Cricket Thread Part 2

Talking to brett was unsure, has a small tear in his acl (told me saturday) not sure if he requires full reco as may repair itself alas Giansiracusa (great comparison to the vegemite kid) has said to me he will struggle to play representative cricket for this reason. Is a massive loss if he doesnt keep for maffra because he is very sound keeper to benny durrant...

cricket follower, buln have picked up jeff walsh to coach, plus hopefully a few kids mature, clinton rowe should be coming back.

i have heard trafalgar has picked up some handy cricketers to replace todd mann so they might be a team to look out for also spoke to some1 at yarragon who said they have picked up at least another 2 div 1 players along with todd mann which might make them dangerous

The Div 2 ladder could finish something like -
Neerim
Jindi
Garfield
Ellinbank
Drouin
Iona
Western Park
Hallora

But its a tough one to gauge.
Ellinabnk has lost 2 good cricketers in Chris Perry and Toby Wallace which will weaken them considerably and picked up no one (bar Paul Black)?
Neerim is obviously the favourite at the moment, adding some class players to their first XI will be the team to beat.
Jindi - we'll be about the same as last year with discussions with a few new players still on the go so it will be hard to say if we will improve on last season at the moment.
Garfield is a tough one and i might of placed them far to high Are the O'Brien boys definatly at bunyip? what about bernie marson?
I expect Iona to drop off the pace abit with ferg(s) leaving and picking up??? bob might just open the cheque book though.
Drouin are always ok and will be pushing for finals.
and western Park and Hallora should finish last and second last like last season as they havent really strengthen muched at current reports.

i have heard trafalgar has picked up some handy cricketers to replace todd mann so they might be a team to look out for also spoke to some1 at yarragon who said they have picked up at least another 2 div 1 players along with todd mann which might make them dangerous
Todd Mann is playing for Hallora.

Playing on a wet deck and an outfield that makes sale oval seem like bundy former Ryder medalist Steve Spoljaric put on a batting clinic on Saturday.

Made it look so easy, cleanest hitter I've ever seen

Did he bowl???

We played against him and vimpani about 4 years ago, he smashed our quicks (williams, waixel) not Duane Oldham.

Gilligan rock and rolled Vimpani first ball and the bail hit me in the head at first slip.

Well, in all seriousness, Lanigan has been told that he may require a knee reco, so, that might cause a slight interuption to his season. I wonder who the keeper would be? I assume the kid Cameron that played for Bois Briag last season?

Macreadie and Emery both very valuable if they return. Emery has recently purchased a boat however, and this may mean he has other things he wants to do with his summer weekends. Both are fairly dedicated footballers, and casual cricketers and may see regular cricket as a hinderance. Having more 1 day games may help.

No idea about Ronaldson.[/quote]

Any truth in the Ronaldson to Meerlieu rumour? Heard it on the weekend, don't know how much value to place on it.

No idea about Ronaldson.[/quote]

Any truth in the Ronaldson to Meerlieu rumour? Heard it on the weekend, don't know how much value to place on it.

All I can tell you is this.

Wurruk and College have definitely spoke to him, I think Boisdale Briag have spoke to him/potentially offered him money, Sale would be stupid not to have spoke with him (in need of 1st XI players/lives over the road), I contacted him about whether he was interested in playing at Stratty (prior to Jason Bruce showing his interest) and the only ones I don't know about is Bundy, Maffra and R-K. When word gets around that a player is potentially being recruited, it is amazing who contacts that certain player. It would not surprise me at all if they have rang and offered him money, however, whether he is going there or not is another story. Also, it may be a confusion, as a guy who lives in Stratford and played in Alberton last year is apparently playing for Meerlieu this season, and the fact that people don't generally know much about players from Alberton could mean that this is just a confusion of 2 different people.

Did he bowl???

We played against him and vimpani about 4 years ago, he smashed our quicks (williams, waixel) not Duane Oldham.

Gilligan rock and rolled Vimpani first ball and the bail hit me in the head at first slip.

Yeah nug he did but only off 3 or 4 steps. The run ups were wet so he just bowled some ripping leg cutters. Only got 1 wicket prob did too much with the ball. Hard deck to bat on . I bowled one a long way outside off with my first ball that jagged back and took leg stump out.

Ball was seaming around everywhere and while no one from both sides could hardly get a run , our 2 ex districts in spolly and Jon Wilson just murdered the bowling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cricket follower, buln have picked up jeff walsh to coach, plus hopefully a few kids mature, clinton rowe should be coming back.

Buln should be the big improvers they have a few good young players and their best 3 players Walsh, Jagoe and Berry are as good as any.

I think it will be Drouin and Warragul to finish 1 and 2 well clear of the rest who you can throw a blanket over.

apart from the fact there is a clearance on the WDCA website for him from Yarragon to Hallora.

i heard the clearance was withdrawn the same day it went on and spoke to him the other day tried to see what he was doin said he was committed to yarragon unfortunately

who would be the top 10 batters and top 5 bowlers going into a new season of the WDCA?

who would be the top 10 batters and top 5 bowlers going into a new season of the WDCA?

In no particular order and based just on Div 1, i reckon it would go something like....
Batters:

Black
Watkins
Sharpe
Proctor
Jagoe
Holdsworth
Hamilton
- all clearly in i think.

Next 3 spots out of...

Walsh
Mackinnon
Lassie
Gilbert
Chandler
Fairlie (new player for Drouin, apparently gun bat from Brighton)
Fawcett

Bowlers:

Walsh
Proctor
Mann
Phillips (SOS)
Wallace

Spinners:
Croft
Weller

Thoughts? Any obvious ones i missed?

In no particular order and based just on Div 1, i reckon it would go something like....
Batters:

Black
Watkins
Sharpe
Proctor
Jagoe
Holdsworth
Hamilton
- all clearly in i think.

Next 3 spots out of...

Walsh
Mackinnon
Lassie
Gilbert
Chandler
Fairlie (new player for Drouin, apparently gun bat from Brighton)
Fawcett

Bowlers:

Walsh
Proctor
Mann
Phillips (SOS)
Wallace

Spinners:
Croft
Weller

Thoughts? Any obvious ones i missed?

prob have to put john allsop in a one of the top 5 batsman, dale serong if playin again is pritty handy haha have 2 b up there 2

top 5 batters

black
sharpe
fawcett
watkins
proctor

all score runs consistently and can produce big scores against quality opposition

top 5 bowlers
sheehan
mann
proctor
Monohan
?????

The best bowlers by a fair way.

Has anyone else heard that Chandler might be heading to Longwarry to coach this year???

Found this hard to believe as also heard that Nilma Footballer Michael Mooney (from Morwell CC) is heading to Warragul, which i would assume be linked to Chandler? Which obviously contradicts what i first said about Longwarry.

Anyone else shed any light on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back