Gippsland Football Rebuild ... Your Say

Remove this Banner Ad

So 97percent of newborough members voted to go to nth gippy. What’s their chances of being accepted?

You’d hope high. Can’t see how it doesn’t benefit the ngfnl with them joining. They’ll be made to change their jumper like YYN did and will be competitive in all grades.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So if the 3 mid gippy clubs get accepted in to nth gippy- nth gippy will then have 14 clubs which isn’t ideal and mid gippy will have 10 which is ideal but they will only have 3? Under 18 teams next season. Dont think that is a great outcome for footy is it?
Maybe all the clubs with juniors need to move leagues and then the clubs with out juniors can have their own league?

My North Gippy plant has advised me that the applications for Yinnar, Newborough and Morwell East to join the NGFNL were rejected. The required 75% approval, by the existing clubs, not being achieved.
They can each appeal decision to vic footy body & if win north gippy would have to accept them. If no appeal can apply every year to nth gippy but if appeal & lose no more applications for 2years

They can each appeal decision to vic footy body & if win north gippy would have to accept them. If no appeal can apply every year to nth gippy but if appeal & lose no more applications for 2years

AFL Victoria's mantra nowadays is that they will not get involved in issues.
If both parties agree, they will rubber stamp things.
If one party objects, they wash their hands of it and tell everyone to sort things out themselves.
Hardly what a peak body should do.

Bring back the VCFL.

You’d hope high. Can’t see how it doesn’t benefit the ngfnl with them joining. They’ll be made to change their jumper like YYN did and will be competitive in all grades.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yallourn North and Newbourgh back in the same league is nice. Was always good scraps against the doggies, granted that was 15 years ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not likely while AFL Victoria continues this "we're not getting involved in any disputes mantra" which is causing problems all over the state. They will only rubber stamp things and have said before that they will not act as a dispute resolution centre, thereby failing in their duty as an overseer of football in the state.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gippsland Football Rebuild ... Your Say

Remove this Banner Ad

Back