Gippsland League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you think i know nothing ? Your right the edfl is not in the same league as the gippy league. Good players should play in the best comp thats what makes it the best comp players like barr,davey,gray and edney you know what makes them good players is that they are prepared to have a go at the higher standard. Every comp has good players its the bottom end players that determine how good your league is !![/quote]Very good point.This argument about minor league clubs taking good players is more prevailent now days because the major league doesn't hold as much attraction as it used to.Back before Gippy Power (when i was playing) the pathway was to play for your town in the LVFL u/18's and if you showed a bit ,you got to play in the seniors and if you were really good a VFL club would ask you down to their U/19's depending on your zone.Now Power pick their players from anywhere no matter what the standard of comp they play in and that is what most good young players aspire to and if you don't make it on their list ,a lot of them are that dissapointed at not making the elite squad ,they either give up altogether or if they do play ,they usually make sure it's worth their while and chase coin.Can't blame them i suppose.The so called "prestige" of playing in the major league is almost non- existent now.
IMO Gippy Power is what has fuc$ed footy the most in this area.

Summed it up in one big J

I was actually in reference to warragul that was where this post started the leongatha refrence was just and example of what they have done this year i can see how it read i was talking about leongatha. I'm more talking about the problems warragul have with the average ellinbank league taking all there good kids by flashing money at them and the kids not being able to refuse. Warragul have competed in under 18 gf's in 08 and 09 and now we see what problems they are having. I Can not believe someone of the ability of kael Bergels who was a junior at warragul can end up floating out to nilma and now to tarwin just playing for coin, what a wasted talent money talks it seems.

Kael Bergles played his juniors at Nilma Darnum, mate.

Warragul got him and then he came back.

What makes you think i know nothing ? Your right the edfl is not in the same league as the gippy league. Good players should play in the best comp thats what makes it the best comp players like barr,davey,gray and edney you know what makes them good players is that they are prepared to have a go at the higher standard. Every comp has good players its the bottom end players that determine how good your league is !!

You are a deadset halfwit rabble. Why should good players play in good leagues? Why should a kid who played 10 years junior footy at darnum, whos dad played 200 games want to go play at warragul? Barr, Edney, Gray etc all played a few years seniors then wanted to play a higher league, good on them, not everyone wants too do that.

Whats the big deal about the Guls, yeah they are crap this year but been fairly strong last 5 years. They will bounce back, i watched leongatha not score a goal at Garfield about 4 years ago, now they are fliyng. Things change quickly.

Name the 18-20 year old players that played juniors at warragul and are playing for big cash in the EDFL??

Traralgon up by 45 points over the eagles.Hope they don't get ahead of themselves Maffra had 7 players out and now with the bye next week have 3 weeks off until they play again.One thing in the Maroons favor is that i know that Maffra are extremely confident of taking it out again this year even despite that loss and over confidense in the way the players think things should happen can be a real problem in finals.If kalloran is fit that will be a big plus for them come finals ,next to the bros he is probably their most important player but the way he looked when i last saw him against Sale with all the rolls of tape on his shoulder ,he seems to be just one good heavy knock away from another lengthy stay on the sidelines and you can't fix a dodgy shoulder like that in just a couple of months.

I was actually in reference to warragul that was where this post started the leongatha refrence was just and example of what they have done this year i can see how it read i was talking about leongatha. I'm more talking about the problems warragul have with the average ellinbank league taking all there good kids by flashing money at them and the kids not being able to refuse. Warragul have competed in under 18 gf's in 08 and 09 and now we see what problems they are having. I Can not believe someone of the ability of kael Bergels who was a junior at warragul can end up floating out to nilma and now to tarwin just playing for coin, what a wasted talent money talks it seems.

He started this year at cranbourne but really didn't like the people there or the way the club ran, so if he was only playing for money wht would he leave there for tarwin? If people do not wanna play in the gippsland league then they don't have to, people like you dont have a right to tell them that they should or shouldn't. Ever thought that people stay in the smaller leagues for a love of the club as well??

If kalloran is fit that will be a big plus for them come finals ,next to the bros he is probably their most important player but the way he looked when i last saw him against Sale with all the rolls of tape on his shoulder ,he seems to be just one good heavy knock away from another lengthy stay on the sidelines and you can't fix a dodgy shoulder like that in just a couple of months.

What rolls of tape on his shoulder? I assume you're talking about the second match when he did his shoulder? He didn't play the rest of the game hence it not being taped he just had it supported in a sling. It's Kal Killoran, he will be right to play.

Are you meaning his elbow? Because thats been taped all year.

He started this year at cranbourne but really didn't like the people there or the way the club ran, so if he was only playing for money wht would he leave there for tarwin? If people do not wanna play in the gippsland league then they don't have to, people like you dont have a right to tell them that they should or shouldn't. Ever thought that people stay in the smaller leagues for a love of the club as well??
You sound like a guy who is bitter that he will never play in the higher standard of football !!! This is a gippsland football league thread mate not an alberton thread if you want to talk about that do it in the alberton thread. If you don't think money is a factor with alot of players you are kidding yourself.:eek:

What rolls of tape on his shoulder? I assume you're talking about the second match when he did his shoulder? He didn't play the rest of the game hence it not being taped he just had it supported in a sling. It's Kal Killoran, he will be right to play.

Are you meaning his elbow? Because thats been taped all year.
With all the tape Yummy,i couldn't tell where his shoulder finished and his elbow started.Got me stuffed how he dislocated anything his limbs were that securely taped .;)I'm sure he'll be right for the finals otherwise jughead wouldn't pick him.

You sound like a guy who is bitter that he will never play in the higher standard of football !!! This is a gippsland football league thread mate not an alberton thread if you want to talk about that do it in the alberton thread. If you don't think money is a factor with alot of players you are kidding yourself.:eek:

I was talking about why some players stay in the smaller league. Everyone else on here has been talking about them including you cause you said kael bergles was a waste of talent at tarwin. You have a very short memory about a lot of things rabble. And yes i am very happy where i am playing and I love my club. Just keep on confirming your reputation as one of the worst posters in gippsland ;)

Maffra had 7 players out???? No wonder they won by so much.
Who were they?
Killoran
A.Burgiel
H.Burgiel
Horsford
??
??
??
You would think with those players back they would more than make up the 45 points from the weekend

Traralgon up by 45 points over the eagles.Hope they don't get ahead of themselves Maffra had 7 players out and now with the bye next week have 3 weeks off until they play again.One thing in the Maroons favor is that i know that Maffra are extremely confident of taking it out again this year even despite that loss and over confidense in the way the players think things should happen can be a real problem in finals.If kalloran is fit that will be a big plus for them come finals ,next to the bros he is probably their most important player but the way he looked when i last saw him against Sale with all the rolls of tape on his shoulder ,he seems to be just one good heavy knock away from another lengthy stay on the sidelines and you can't fix a dodgy shoulder like that in just a couple of months.

Dan O'Brien, Brendan Rathnow, Sam Bullen and Ben Durrant.

I know for a fact that he didn't have his shoulder taped and that only his elbow has been Jaworsky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's played 9 of 15 games in the seniors. Was named for the match against T'gon but was a late withdrawal. That's why Damian Kelly played.

I was talking about why some players stay in the smaller league. Everyone else on here has been talking about them including you cause you said kael bergles was a waste of talent at tarwin. You have a very short memory about a lot of things rabble. And yes i am very happy where i am playing and I love my club. Just keep on confirming your reputation as one of the worst posters in gippsland ;)
Able come on if you do not think kael is wasting his time in the alberton football league you either do not rate his ability or you are over rating the competion that you play in. When the kid was 17 and gippsland power were chasing him but he was to lazy to go to training with them this ='s a wasted talent. Who's to know where he would be playing football now had he taken the oportunity when it was there for him ???? Worst poster in gippsland hey i'm not the one talking each week about tarwin being premiership material i beleive your comments last week after there win against I.K was that the sharks had a real thirst for the contest. Following week rolled by the lowly yarram mmmmmm. Take a look in your own back yard first champ !!!:eek:

Traralgon has the potential to take out the flag in all four divisions this year.I was talking to an official from an opposition valley club (not Traralgon) and he said there will be a push soon to get another GFL club playing out of the town.Traralgon is the only city of it's size in country Victoria that plays in a major country league and only fields one team.When you consider that it is not much smaller than say Warnambool that supports i think 4 teams in the Hampden league and even a town like Hamilton with a population of barely 10000 people has 2 teams in the Western border comp , probably some merit in it.TTU was originally established for that very reason but not much future in it when they are based out there they would need to be in the town you would think for it to have any chance of taking off..

Able come on if you do not think kael is wasting his time in the alberton football league you either do not rate his ability or you are over rating the competion that you play in. When the kid was 17 and gippsland power were chasing him but he was to lazy to go to training with them this ='s a wasted talent. Who's to know where he would be playing football now had he taken the oportunity when it was there for him ???? Worst poster in gippsland hey i'm not the one talking each week about tarwin being premiership material i beleive your comments last week after there win against I.K was that the sharks had a real thirst for the contest. Following week rolled by the lowly yarram mmmmmm. Take a look in your own back yard first champ !!!:eek:

haha they were nearly as good as your meeniyan as the dark horses predictions weren't they ey?

C'mon Jaworskyj 1971 make your mind up. Early in the year you said Traralgon were no hope and now your saying they are could win the flag(And in 4 grades). Surely the 7 players Maffra had out means that the margin on the weekend was just a one off and in the finals Maffra will be able to beat Traralgon. You mentioned in an earlier post Traralgon had Hore, Hazelman and a few others out last time Maffra beat them convincingly surely these players arent that good they can create a 90 point turn around?

Traralgon might get them on a wet day in September again but if it is dry ,they will be too slow to catch Maffra.Last week was more than just having a bad day ,it was a humiliation of the team meant to be in the the top 2 in the comp .Traralgon did not fire a shot in the last quarter.Beaten by them in the GF last year after dominating most of the game ,the players would have to be starting to wonder whether or not they are actually capable of beating the eagles at all.

Traralgon has the potential to take out the flag in all four divisions this year.I was talking to an official from an opposition valley club (not Traralgon) and he said there will be a push soon to get another GFL club playing out of the town.Traralgon is the only city of it's size in country Victoria that plays in a major country league and only fields one team.When you consider that it is not much smaller than say Warnambool that supports i think 4 teams in the Hampden league and even a town like Hamilton with a population of barely 10000 people has 2 teams in the Western border comp , probably some merit in it.TTU was originally established for that very reason but not much future in it when they are based out there they would need to be in the town you would think for it to have any chance of taking off..

I would have thought Traralgon as a town support TTU, Glen, Cowwarr and Gormy with players already, all that would happen with the creation of another formalised Traralgon side is the possible death of one or more of those sides.

C'mon Jaworskyj 1971 make your mind up. Early in the year you said Traralgon were no hope and now your saying they are could win the flag(And in 4 grades). Surely the 7 players Maffra had out means that the margin on the weekend was just a one off and in the finals Maffra will be able to beat Traralgon. You mentioned in an earlier post Traralgon had Hore, Hazelman and a few others out last time Maffra beat them convincingly surely these players arent that good they can create a 90 point turn around?
You're right, but i did say potentially ,for the record ,i still believe Maffra with a full and fit list are easily the best in the comp ,i've seen them a few times (wasn't there Saturday) against so called challengers and they have won every time convincingly .Their biggest worries are whether their key players are going to be fully fit.I'm not that familiar with who the key players at Traralgon are so when i saw them at Maffra get beaten by 50 points i was none the wiser as to who they had out that day.Believe me if Traralgon ,Morwell or whoever can get over the Eagles come GF day ,i'll be as happy as the next bloke not involved with Maffra.
The point i was trying to make is that according to this guy i was talking to from another LV club , there may be some discussion coming up regarding a second team in Traralgon rather than exploring the Bairnsdale option.Lets face it the bairnsdale plan of having a rep side with no reserves only juniors in a major league has never been done before and has a few holes in it IMO.

GREAT comments
league should hand over the 2010 premiership to the 3rds & 4ths, all over
2nds should make the grand final, but could fall over
1st, will give it a good run, but very open, Maffra, Drouin and morwell can win,

since when, i got told i was, when did i lose my title

GREAT comments
1st, will give it a good run, but very open, Maffra, Drouin and morwell can win,
Sale may have been able to push them in the 4ths but i've heard they've had a couple of crucial injuries over the last couple of weeks the most notable out being Shannon Lange who had to go into hospital to have surgery.From what i've seen of their U/18's though you're right ,it's all over.

GREAT comments

Did Drouin have a few out on the weekend at the Gatha??? Hope the Leongatha lads can suprise a few and sneak a couple of wins this finals series...what do you lads think??

Surely there a re question marks surrounding all the teams playing off, Maffra injuries, others with depth issues etc and anything could happen??

Did anyone go and watch Sale vs Wonthaggi on the weekend? I was there and there was an incident that was worth a laugh, or pretty embarressing for the party involved depending upon which angle you view it from.

The big guy from Wonthaggi, who played full forward/centre half forward, and was the difference in the game in reality, took a mark, and kicked a goal late in the 3rd quarter. Was a pretty standard sort of play really, he got out on the lead, took the mark, went back kicked the goal. Anyway, after kicking the goal, he turned towards the centre of the ground, picked out his mate who was wearing no 20 for Wonthaggi, pointed the imaginary gun at him, fired it, and his mate dropped to the deck like he had been shot.

Now, when you are playing for a side that has only won 3 games for the year, playing against a side that has only won 5, and you kick a goal that has no real significance and you bring up the Youtube special celebration, it can look pretty stupid. Thoughts???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back