Gippsland League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
moe are actually recruiting quite well. some high quality recruits will be announced soon i believe. any side simmy is involved in will be more than competitive....the man is a great coach

Pretty big news for Sale. Lonely drive from Melb, wonder if he is going to bring anyone else home with him?

surely that money tree out the back of nick anderson's house is close to running out or is this rain helping the tree grow??
surely sale top 2 with all the recruits and young blokes coming through!!

surely that money tree out the back of nick anderson's house is close to running out or is this rain helping the tree grow??
surely sale top 2 with all the recruits and young blokes coming through!!

I think Sale have started to get a little smarter with their recruiting (ala Maffra) and helped these guys (Ferguson, Flint, Dylan) with off field stuff, ie. jobs, career opportunities, as opposed to paying them loads. I'm not trying to tell you that Dylan is playing for free, but, I know that he is getting paid a lot less than what some people with his experience and ability would be expecting.

Umm if you take premierships as being successful, in his time at Moe as coach he must have won a few HEY ???:):)

dont remember mentioning premierships but a couple of grannies and also never missing a finals series under his coaching is good enough for me. coached power for 2 years also.

Lachlan Sim is as good-a-coach as I have ever heard speak. He relates to Senior footballers and Junior (Under10) footballers alike and never ever strays from his beliefs.

His belief in himself to be the best he can be is astonishing. I have never played under Simmy, however have heard him speak to players as individuals, and as a group, countless times.

I wish I was as articulate as he.

He took 2 Moe sides, that may have had no real business being there, to 2 grand finals and could have pinched the wet one at Traralgon against the Maroons. He gets the best out of the players under his charge. There is no doubt whatsoever, about that.

It is excellent news he is involved there as a coach, again.

Typically a newbie turns up and has a crack with absolutely no credentials at all. Get some credibility before you start shooting off at the mouth, mate.

Lachlan Sim is as good-a-coach as I have ever heard speak. He relates to Senior footballers and Junior (Under10) footballers alike and never ever strays from his beliefs.

His belief in himself to be the best he can be is astonishing. I have never played under Simmy, however have heard him speak to players as individuals, and as a group, countless times.

I wish I was as articulate as he.

He took 2 Moe sides, that may have had no real business being there, to 2 grand finals and could have pinched the wet one at Traralgon against the Maroons. He gets the best out of the players under his charge. There is no doubt whatsoever, about that.

It is excellent news he is involved there as a coach, again.

Typically a newbie turns up and has a crack with absolutely no credentials at all. Get some credibility before you start shooting off at the mouth, mate.

Well Excuse me Mr Expert Plugerrood,
who has been on Big footy longer than me . That must give you a whole lot of credibility and credentials. I didn't realize i would come under attack for having an opinion.You must be a CHAMPION. It sounds like a donkey would be more articulate than you.

I think Sale have started to get a little smarter with their recruiting (ala Maffra) and helped these guys (Ferguson, Flint, Dylan) with off field stuff, ie. jobs, career opportunities, as opposed to paying them loads. I'm not trying to tell you that Dylan is playing for free, but, I know that he is getting paid a lot less than what some people with his experience and ability would be expecting.

There is now way Dylan McLaren would be playing for anything less than $800 per game. The way he can jump and mark it might be the best money Sale have spent in the last 2 years. He will be hard to stop and match up on for anyone around this league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is now way Dylan McLaren would be playing for anything less than $800 per game. The way he can jump and mark it might be the best money Sale have spent in the last 2 years. He will be hard to stop and match up on for anyone around this league.

Sadly mistaken mate. Firstly, Dylan's family and a lot of his long term friends still live in Sale, like a lot of the boys in his age bracket that have achieved something, they have gone away, worked/studied/played sport, got older, moved back to town. As per previous posts, it is fairly obvious that Sale have started to take a smarter more long term approach to their recruiting. Look at the people that they have "recruited" this year, Stuart Anderson, Dylan McLaren, Shane Fyfe, Taylor Collins, Matt Ferguson. All people that have lived the majority of their lives in the town, have family in the town, have associations with Sale, and, other than Ferg, have played football at the club previously.

From all reports, they have also assisted these guys with more long term solutions than an extra $100 a week, and free membership. If someone said, come and play footy for our club, we will give you $800 a week (say $400 more than you could get elsewhere) and outside of the footy season we are not concerned about you, it would probably seem appealing. That is basically an extra $8,000 dollars for the year. However, if someone said, look, we will pay you an acceptable amount to play football, ie. $300 - $400, but, we will also introduce you to people/get you a job that will allow you to earn an additional $20,000 - $70,000 a year (in the instance of work which eventually leeds to offshore work after football is finished), the $400 a week becomes fairly insignificant.

Sadly mistaken mate. Firstly, Dylan's family and a lot of his long term friends still live in Sale, like a lot of the boys in his age bracket that have achieved something, they have gone away, worked/studied/played sport, got older, moved back to town. As per previous posts, it is fairly obvious that Sale have started to take a smarter more long term approach to their recruiting. Look at the people that they have "recruited" this year, Stuart Anderson, Dylan McLaren, Shane Fyfe, Taylor Collins, Matt Ferguson. All people that have lived the majority of their lives in the town, have family in the town, have associations with Sale, and, other than Ferg, have played football at the club previously.

From all reports, they have also assisted these guys with more long term solutions than an extra $100 a week, and free membership. If someone said, come and play footy for our club, we will give you $800 a week (say $400 more than you could get elsewhere) and outside of the footy season we are not concerned about you, it would probably seem appealing. That is basically an extra $8,000 dollars for the year. However, if someone said, look, we will pay you an acceptable amount to play football, ie. $300 - $400, but, we will also introduce you to people/get you a job that will allow you to earn an additional $20,000 - $70,000 a year (in the instance of work which eventually leeds to offshore work after football is finished), the $400 a week becomes fairly insignificant.
I have heard that he actually played a couple of games in the 3rds for us before he went down town.

I have heard that he actually played a couple of games in the 3rds for us before he went down town.

I don't think so...he may have though. I am pretty sure Sale chased him to play juniors but he definitely stuck at Heyfield for a/that period.

Wow.

that is a seriously impressive recruiting list from the Maggie's. :thumbsu:

for a side that was probably unlucky to finish where they did last year (lost plenty of close ones) they should seriously be back up in contention next season.

Obviously not the bigger names in those listed above but I would expect Fyfe and Collins to have a seriously big impact as well.

Fyfey moved back home has he?

Where has Taylor been playing his footy the last few years? absolute gun in his own right.

still young and as impressive as all the other recruits are, I'd say he could very well end up being the pick of them.

Wow.

that is a seriously impressive recruiting list from the Maggie's. :thumbsu:

for a side that was probably unlucky to finish where they did last year (lost plenty of close ones) they should seriously be back up in contention next season.

Obviously not the bigger names in those listed above but I would expect Fyfe and Collins to have a seriously big impact as well.

Fyfey moved back home has he?

Where has Taylor been playing his footy the last few years? absolute gun in his own right.

still young and as impressive as all the other recruits are, I'd say he could very well end up being the pick of them.

Tales has been overseas for a while but before that played in the VFL as you know.

Fyffey has arrived back in Australia last week after travelling overseas.

To put it into perspective for those who are unaware, both Fyfe and Collins have won TAC Cup best and fairests with Gippy Power and Collins was skipper of a team that had the likes of Jarryd Roughead, Andrew McQualter and Dean Polo in it.

Was extremely unlucky not to get picked up IMO and would only be early mid twenties now so has still got plenty of good footy in front of him.

Good story but and every club that recruits those sort of players are always spending decent money. Having known Dylan for a long time and what he has been getting paid he wouldn't be travelling back to Sale for anything less than $800 per game. If this is the case I think that is quite cheap for a player that will probably win and set up games by himself.
Sale would be paying all those guys returning good money and so they should there all quality players who will probably help them win next years premiership. Its good to see a club spend a bit of money and get there quality juniors back to there club.
This competition wouldn't even compete with the O&M & GV sides because they don't recruit anywhere near those clubs do.
It would be good to see Traralgon, Morwell & Moe spend a bit of money and recruit some quality players which will then make this league stronger!

Good story but and every club that recruits those sort of players are always spending decent money. Having known Dylan for a long time and what he has been getting paid he wouldn't be travelling back to Sale for anything less than $800 per game. If this is the case I think that is quite cheap for a player that will probably win and set up games by himself.
Sale would be paying all those guys returning good money and so they should there all quality players who will probably help them win next years premiership. Its good to see a club spend a bit of money and get there quality juniors back to there club.
This competition wouldn't even compete with the O&M & GV sides because they don't recruit anywhere near those clubs do.
It would be good to see Traralgon, Morwell & Moe spend a bit of money and recruit some quality players which will then make this league stronger!

You believe what you like mate, I'm not gunna lose any sleep over your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back