FTA-TV Girls (HBO series)

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you watch Ep9 FlyingBurittoBro?

Noone I know watches it.

That Adam scene....

That scene was so uncomfortable and awkward to watch. For a moment, I thought Adam was looking good and making progress but after he saw Hannah it went downhill

I wonder if Jessa will be back

So far, my favourite characters are Ray and Shosanna.

That scene was so uncomfortable and awkward to watch. For a moment, I thought Adam was looking good and making progress but after he saw Hannah it went downhill

I wonder if Jessa will be back

So far, my favourite characters are Ray and Shosanna.

Ray has been fleshed out more this season.

Noah Taylor was a nice surprise.

Yes, I was surprised to see Noah Taylor in Girls playing Jessa's dad.

One of my favorite episodes from S2 is the one with Adam and Ray going to Staten Island to return the stolen dog. Both are interesting and complex characters.

Yes it was..

Adam + Alcohol =

I've really struggled with season 2, not sure if it has been renewed but i'd say the storyline has really struggled as has the acting.

Season 1 was so damn good, but, it would be so much better if they film 2 seasons at once......to keep the momentum.

Adam is brilliant, quite complex and bloody hilarious. I've struggled with many parts pof this series though

Well I ended up liking the Second Season better than the first.

I liked the unpredicatbility of the characters and the fleshing out of the entourage more this season.

Thought the last 2 minutes of the finale sucked eggs but time however....
would have been an okay ending if it wasn't for the crappy romantic music behind it

Ray has been fleshed out more this season.

Noah Taylor was a nice surprise.
Yes, I was surprised to see Noah Taylor in Girls playing Jessa's dad.

One of my favorite episodes from S2 is the one with Adam and Ray going to Staten Island to return the stolen dog. Both are interesting and complex characters.
I dislike being 'that guy' but I'm pretty sure it was Ben Mendelsohn, of Animal Kingdom fame, who played Jessa's father

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really like the show, although as others have pointed out Hannah is probably the most unlikeable protagonist I've ever seen. And I swear to god if she gets her **** out one more time I'll puke.

Apart from her though the other characters are great, which is the main reason why I watch the show.

Yeah I guess so, do you like the characters? Find them to be good people or even people you could hang around with? Because I just can't and if you don't like anyone on a show how are you supposed to get involved in it?

I feel like since the advent of reality tv people have been craving real-life scenarios, characters and realistic plot lines. We've had shows like breaking bad come along and turn some very real characters, who have found themselves in a grave situation, into a sensationalist story-line and do it well. With characters whose motives you don't have to like or understand in order to follow the plot - and enjoy it.

We've also had shows like Curb your enthusiasm, follow around a guy you know to be real, and put him in situations you can relate to, with a plot line playing out around those situations. The key with this, is you can understand his motives and reasons for doing what he does and in 90% of the situations that arise, I know I would do the same as him. He is likeable and realistic.

This show on the other hand creates these very real characters, and centre a plot all about how selfish, bitchy, confused and messed up they are. It spends time letting you know what each main girl is thinking about all of the others and generally it's just bitchiness. It honestly feels like a well written, directed and shot version of the hills. I just think that in trying to create a realistic show, Apatow's created one that's so realistic that it is boring - like the hills. The comedy is also severely lacking for mine, which - if this is a drama - puts way too much strain on minor issues, that they end up being over-played

Yeah I don't find the babysitter attractive man, she's sloppy and trades solely off sex appeal.

In the first season i really liked all the characters, every single one. By the second season i'm unable to stand them, especially Hannah and given that she's the main character makes the show pretty shit. It all went down hill when she split up with Adam. I liked him, and she did chase him like he was the beatles and as soon as he relaxed she went off him like a shallow little girl. That is fine but there has been no evidence of acknowledgement or growth in this area, infact she's become even more self centered and weird.

The english baby sitter. I really liked her in the first season, well i liked the idea of her and was looking forward to her character being explored. But instead she marries that horrible man which doesn't make a bit of sense and she's made very few appearances in season 2. They've written her character into the ground. It's like they got bored.

Season 1, well written
Season 2, terrible. It's like it's written by someone else.

I think the English girl (Jessa) was pregnant during season 2 so that's why she didn't appear in many episodes especially towards the end. I am hoping she re-appears in Season 3 and is a regular. I like her character.

The actor that played Charlie recently quit the show because he wasn't happy with the direction his character going. I wonder if they will replace him with another actor.

I was o/s last month and had HBO in the hotel, I tuned in to see this but I lasted about ten minutes.

Don't know what episode it was, but some dude was in bed with a hot chick, his Asian PA comes in and he drills her for eating his ice cream. Asian chick has a tanty and leaves.

So I watched every episode in about four nights.

God, I hate Hannah. She's just the most self-centred person in the entire show. She's supposed to be this relatable character but she's unintentionally unlikeable as much as she's intentionally unlikeable. She feels so sorry for herself and has absolutely no awareness of others. She. Is. The. Worst.

The show has also just dragged into nothing but a soap opera. I think at first it had a bit of.. individuality. But the novelty of No Age in the soundtrack and hipsterism has worn off. It's just not a well written show, really. And the characters are really one dimensional and cardboard.

So I watched every episode in about four nights.

God, I hate Hannah. She's just the most self-centred person in the entire show. She's supposed to be this relatable character but she's unintentionally unlikeable as much as she's intentionally unlikeable. She feels so sorry for herself and has absolutely no awareness of others. She. Is. The. Worst.

The show has also just dragged into nothing but a soap opera. I think at first it had a bit of.. individuality. But the novelty of No Age in the soundtrack and hipsterism has worn off. It's just not a well written show, really. And the characters are really one dimensional and cardboard.

Spot on.

Season 2 is diabolical. The characters go from ok to 'I cannot take anymore of them'. Hannah is horrible. Jessa should never have been married to that jerk, it didn't make any sense whatsoever unless it was discovered she was having a mental breakdown. It was just so stupid.

Silent Alarm, I agree with you. Hannah is beyond annoying! And, I am beginning to think Lena Durnham is overrated as a writer because the last season was so inconsistent and no real character development. For me, Adam, Ray and Shosha save the show.

Did anyone see the episode that focused on Hannah and her hook up with the hot Doctor. I didn't get the point of the episode it was so random?

Yes that was just ridiculous. The writers would be better off claiming that whole episode was a dream of Hannahs. As if a successful, attractive, intelligent doctor is going to beg some scabby hipster to take the day off work with him (doctors don't take sickies to shag hipsters)

What about her outburst on his bed? He immediately went cold on her, in reality he would have gone cold upon the realisation that she is a shallow, boring, self absorbed idiot but apparently he went cold on her because he fears intimacy (i read some review on it). I mean that is just absurd - The second season was not well written.

Silent Alarm, I agree with you. Hannah is beyond annoying! And, I am beginning to think Lena Durnham is overrated as a writer because the last season was so inconsistent and no real character development. For me, Adam, Ray and Shosha save the show.

Did anyone see the episode that focused on Hannah and her hook up with the hot Doctor. I didn't get the point of the episode it was so random?
Lena Dunham is awful. I just don't like her. She's got this smuggery, this real cloud of self-importance. I think you're supposed to kind of dislike Hannah on the surface, but deepy, actually want her to do well. Instead, Dunham (or as she presents herself) has just seeped into this character too much, so there's a real layer of accidental shitness to Hannah. Because Hannah, really, isn't a very good person: she plays the victim, she's an awful friend, everything she does is for herself, she can't survive by herself, she's reliant on everyone but dismissive of them, self-superior... just layers and layers of flaws.

In fact, the "I would lose weight but I have more pressing issues" is definitely how Dunham sees herself. That's just one of those, honestly fantastic, trips into the mind of a character. How often did the Sopranos do it? They'd rely on experience to really make an interesting line or a gripping character. Seinfeld too. Ugh.

And the whole dating a weird looking dude thing. Wow, Lena/Hannah, aren't you post-hate and cool? Far out.

Some really boring cinematography and vibes as well. It's Brooklyn! Can't you give the show an atmosphere?

Yes that was just ridiculous. The writers would be better off claiming that whole episode was a dream of Hannahs. As if a successful, attractive, intelligent doctor is going to beg some scabby hipster to take the day off work with him (doctors don't take sickies to shag hipsters)

What about her outburst on his bed? He immediately went cold on her, in reality he would have gone cold upon the realisation that she is a shallow, boring, self absorbed idiot but apparently he went cold on her because he fears intimacy (i read some review on it). I mean that is just absurd - The second season was not well written.

Exactly, that episode was so unrealistic and there was no chemistry between the actors. IMO it seemed like Hannah/Lena was playing out her fantasy to hook up with a hot doctor or that teenager. I expect this type of storyline in Sex and the City.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Girls (HBO series)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back