Toast Give them merry hell folks

Remove this Banner Ad

ShriekingShack

Senior List
Jun 9, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Time and time again, we have had the media bashing our crowd for being too rowdy. Too offensive. Too unwelcoming. They call us ferals.

I say we own it. Embrace it. Encourage it. The fact that our crowd gives our team a boost and makes the opposition feel unwelcome is something to be proud of. The fact that we supposedly intimidate the umpires into paying free kicks is a badge of honour. No other crowd has achieved this like we have.

What do they want us to do? Roll out the red carpet for the opposition? Give them premium hospitality packages, with Simpson tucking them in at bed time? Clap them? Stuff them folks. Whatever we do, they will always hate our guts.

Ladies and gentlemen, let's give them hell this Saturday. Boo like you've never booed before. Make your cheers deafening. Make those whistle wielding pixies squirm with every decision they pay against us. Make those black and white dental disasters wish they had stayed home. No one is exempt.

We have a premiership to win. If anyone comes into our nest with the goal of stopping us, well, let's just say I do not want to be them.

GO THE MIGHTY EAGLES!!!

I fully intend to lose my voice by the end of the game. The "BOOOOOOOOOO!!!" will be loud and glorious for four quarters. The "UP THE BLOODY COASTERS!!!" on the final siren may come out a wee bit squeaky. But worth it :thumbsu:

Then two weeks to arrogantly recover for the next game.

Come on all you pensioners, seniors and aged persons (the majority?)
Stand UP, rattle yer bones and GET UP and SHOUT it to the rooftop!!
EEEAGLES... EEAGLES... EEAGLES... EEAGLES....!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully ground controllers dial up the reverberating goal sound as well as the pre-game music.

Seems to have been wound down after the Geelong (?) game but now they are sneakily increasing the volume as the game goes on. Full throttle from pre-game to the end.

Hopefully ground controllers dial up the reverberating goal sound as well as the pre-game music.

Seems to have been wound down after the Geelong (?) game but now they are sneakily increasing the volume as the game goes on. Full throttle from pre-game to the end.
It was definitely louder at the Melb v GWS game than I ever noticed it being during the season at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Give them merry hell folks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back