Movie Gladiator II (dir. Ridley Scott)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Futurama Buy GIF

Gladiator is my number 1 film, not sure I want this.

Love Denzel, the ship battle in a flooded colosseum, the Nero like emperor.

Dislike the Rhino fight which I was glad got cut from the original films script, the rap song doesn't fit, Hans Zimmers score is goated. Don't like Lucious as a gladiator, seems an unlikely path from the original.

Will wait and see but I think the first was lightning in a bottle and it won't be captured again.

Is this a totally different story to the first?

It's a sequel set a couple of decades after the original events of Gladiator. The main character is Lucius, who was a boy in the first movie, and could be the son of Maximus. The story sounds fairly similar. Lucius is forced into slavery then becomes a gladiator.

It's a sequel set a couple of decades after the original events of Gladiator. The main character is Lucius, who was a boy in the first movie, and could be the son of Maximus. The story sounds fairly similar. Lucius is forced into slavery then becomes a gladiator.
The grandson and nephew of two former Emperors becomes a slave? Not a good start

The grandson and nephew of two former Emperors becomes a slave? Not a good start

Commodus kills his father, Marcus Aurelius, and declares himself emperor. Later, Maximus kills Commodus. Commodus doesn't have children and Rome didn't have a clear succession system so the heir would be disputed. History shows children in that position are at risk of being killed or imprisoned. Lucilla might flee with her son to protect him then they both lose any status.

I'm with Ridley so far on this one.

Movie Gladiator II (dir. Ridley Scott)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back