Glen Archer on Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

hundini

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2002
Switzerland
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watched 1st 15 minutes and that is the most relaxed I have ever seen Glen Archer on the T.V.

He was great to watch and listen to.
Gave honest answers, and you could read the dissapointment he must now be going through with the club.

Anyone watch?

scottywiper said:
He said the club was "a rabble", which was hardly encouraging.

Arch is a good TV performer because he lacks that filter that most footballers have in their brain which doesn't allow them to say anything negative or honest. He has been my hero for about 10 years so I aint having a crack, it's just the way he is.

If he says it's a rabble, it's a rabble. But we knew that anyway.

Interesting to hear his thoughts on retirement. My basic feeling is that he would continue on if we basically kept going as is playing the "best team" or would retire if we decided to adopt a philosophy of play the kids, turn over the list and rebuild.

Arch is a God. Doesn't say a lot, but you hang on every word.

Dingster said:
Interesting to hear his thoughts on retirement. My basic feeling is that he would continue on if we basically kept going as is playing the "best team" or would retire if we decided to adopt a philosophy of play the kids, turn over the list and rebuild.

Arch is a God. Doesn't say a lot, but you hang on every word.

He has to play next year. We have never needed him more. That is final.

shintemaster said:
Definitely the best performance from him. Seemed very relaxed, first time he hasn't looked like they were pulling teeth from him!

Maybe he had been through that earlier in the day when he got his new falsy's

tomthetiger said:
More importantly, how bloody funny was he!?

Agree with this. I made the comment that he might not always look comfortable but he comes out with some classic lines! :D I liked his comment when they showed him charging into the centre square after the umpire failed to pay him a free for the hand in the face against Richmond: 'I was aiming for the umpire but he moved!' :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheNextBigThing said:
What did you expect him to say, that the club is flying and couldn't be better.

well said! what else could he say? hes too much of a good and honest man to lie right to the supporters faces and put them under false pretenses.

billy_31 said:
well said! what else could he say? hes too much of a good and honest man to lie right to the supporters faces and put them under false pretenses.
As he said in his interview with MR in todays paper. You can play hard all your life, then duck in one instance in front of a national televised audience and your credibility goes down the drain. Arch can't afford to play the same JOKER card other folks do with NO real credibility, so the more admired you are, the more honest you must become.

No wonder I dislike politics. Archer is a self made MAN. :thumbsu: Politicians or LIARS are brown noses that lack any credibility. I DESPISE these cretins of society.

Remove this Banner Ad

Glen Archer on Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Back