Roast Glen Jakovich

Remove this Banner Ad

Coast Guard

Senior List
Feb 4, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Thought he was pretty 1 sided towards freo today like he was trying to come across as unbiased or something as well as saying some things that wer just so ridiculously wrong it made him look like an even bigger idiot than usual.

We all know he struggles to string two words together to make a sentence on a good day (makes me cringe every time i hear his voice pop up or during the qtr breaks..) but today i thought he was exceptionally bad.

If someone ever had the time to make a montage of all his little segments it would definitely make for some funny viewing.

On another note, BT's commentating in close matches is great for the adrenaline, probably one of the best for close finishes, other then that he's dodgy.

I don't think the footy presenters are really worried who their boundary riders are tbh...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

roast him cos he cant get a sentence right but not cos he is unbiased. example, paul roos commentating on the swans game. way too much bias, could barley find a good thing to say about anyone from the dogs. at least jacko looks professional.

The funniest thing was how he was so quick with his little comments today
he just blurted them out, he usually bumbles slowly through a sentence or two, yesterday he was high octane 3 words.

i reckon jacko was pumped for this game

Jackovich is embarrassing. I'm sick of the smart ass comments about how great he was - even if it is tongue in cheek, enough is enough. I think Jacko also suffers from being a bit "dumb"... his comments are not insightful. I'm glad he was demoted to boundary rider this season.

Shaw is the worst commentator by a fair way. When he goes into "coaching" mode on the Foxtel show he brings up U12 plays as if these methods are something new? I would like both of these gone from all AFL coverage.

Yeah, you can see he is just desperate to appear non-biased, particularly with Fremantle as their supporters have a mammoth chip.
However, I laughed out loud when he said that Mcpharlin's high contact on Kennedy in the last qtr wasn't even a free kick. He sees everything from the defender's point of view, and he just sounds ridiculous sometimes.

I loved the guy as a player but sometimes you just want him to stfu.

Yeah, you can see he is just desperate to appear non-biased, particularly with Fremantle as their supporters have a mammoth chip.
However, I laughed out loud when he said that Mcpharlin's high contact on Kennedy in the last qtr wasn't even a free kick. He sees everything from the defender's point of view, and he just sounds ridiculous sometimes.

I loved the guy as a player but sometimes you just want him to stfu.

I did too, I nearly choked on my beer when he came up with that - and I agree, I think if anything he's biased toward defenders. The fact that he is commentator at all defies the laws of reality, but he's good fun and I don't think he's all that biased in his commentating despite what some neurotic Freo (or Eagles for that matter) think, I just think he has NFI.

(BTW, loved him as a player, probably the best genuine HB to come out of WA, and he's a South Freo boy too which I always have a soft spot for even if they were misguided by their association with the Blue and Yella ;))

Dont usually mind Jako. But him trying to argue Mcpharlins hit on Kennedy was not a free was embarrrassing.

Unbiased commentary is not opening the other eye and closing the one usually opened:rolleyes:

at least he's not in the box anymore. geez i couldn't stand his "kicked it", "yep that's a goal" everytime someone kicked a goal.

he's alot better on the boundary

I suppose it's tough to live up to such an awesome playing career. I remember the 1991 State of Origin, with Jako's mullet reigning supreme, as a real highlight. He was such a cyborg back then.

Surely there are better options out there for boundary rider though. But if you view Jako as a comedian, it can make things a bit better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Glen Jakovich

Remove this Banner Ad

Back