Goal umpire

Remove this Banner Ad

What it comes down to is why is it if they are not sure it is given a point??????????? In cricket the batsman is given the benefit of the doubt, so to me it should have bee given a goal.

lol piss off bulldog flogs, a 19 yr old and 2 18 yr olds ripped you to pieces in the middle tonight, your geriatric old slow junk arent going to win you a premiership, we've got a heaps brighter future then you.

Both times, the goal umpire was going to award a goal, he didnt tap his hand thinking it was touched, Both times he was the closest person and in best position to make the call, and people further away came in and overrulled him, it was shit, Enjoy your win.

Boyd, Cooney, Griffen, higgins are so old mate.

Sore losers give me the shits

lol piss off bulldog flogs, a 19 yr old and 2 18 yr olds ripped you to pieces in the middle tonight, your geriatric old slow junk arent going to win you a premiership, we've got a heaps brighter future then you.

Both times, the goal umpire was going to award a goal, he didnt tap his hand thinking it was touched, both times he was the closest person and in best position to make the call, and people further away came in and overrulled him, it was shit, enjoy your win.
lol such a true post!

And supporters that have nothing better to do then camp out on the opposition board and gloat over beating the wooden spooners give me the shits

This thread is about the goal umpire, who no-one can dispute was in the best position to make the call in both of those decisions

Its just quite funny having these comments from you blokes. Flag favourites mmmmmmmmmmmm you got made to look stupid tonight by some kids...how do you let a 18yr old get over 30 poss and nearly win the game. Barry no good, murphy well fk me, higginsmmmmm, cooney good. Aker may aswell be in a coffin. You will never win a priemiership while lm alive lm 32

Firstly learn how to spell

Secondly you live in the boonies

Thirdly i live on the other side of the city

But nice try:D:D

Fourthly: go back to your board & talk all the crap you want. All I want is to discuss the game with fellow MFC supporters & not have you crap on in our threads.

How about that.

:thumbsu:

And supporters that have nothing better to do then camp out on the opposition board and gloat over beating the wooden spooners give me the shits

This thread is about the goal umpire, who no-one can dispute was in the best position to make the call in both of those decisions
Uh what? In the second one the goal umpires said himself that he couldn't see it. Unless not being able to see anything is your idea of the best position, I'd say you're off the mark there.

The ball was clearly touched, and the boundary umpire saw this. The correct decision was made on that one.

The first one was very line ball. Replay was inconclusive imo.

You guys deserved to win the game, but the umpires didn't lose it for you.

read the afl site and the age site and there is a thing on the age, it is a quoting for games, a running commentary if you will, all said most were wrong and contentious and certain decisions cost us a game. if it were on the other foot dogs fans would be deplorable as well

Uh what? In the second one the goal umpires said himself that he couldn't see it. Unless not being able to see anything is your idea of the best position, I'd say you're off the mark there.

The ball was clearly touched, and the boundary umpire saw this. The correct decision was made on that one.
What replay have you seen. The one I've seen shows no deviation of the ball, and no discernible movement of Lake's fingers.

As for the goal umpire couldn't see - to me that sounds like the week pink prick didn't have the guts to make a call. So he went with what the conference of fools decided.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

all said most were wrong and contentious and certain decisions cost us a game. if it were on the other foot dogs fans would be deplorable as well
The umpiring was disgraceful but we can't forget about our costly turnovers in the back half. 6 of the first 7 bulldog goals were from turnovers and I don't think it got much better after that. It is something that we have to seriously work on because we have now lost 2 games when we were definately the better side.

Boyd, Cooney, Griffen, higgins are so old mate.

Sore losers give me the shits

A bit rich considering you lot still whinge about a Liberatore goal from over 10 years ago that was paid as a behind.

read the afl site and the age site and there is a thing on the age, it is a quoting for games, a running commentary if you will, all said most were wrong and contentious and certain decisions cost us a game. if it were on the other foot dogs fans would be deplorable as well
Libba's "behind" in the PF against the Crows, for example.

i was sitting right behind that "touched" ball in the last quarter and I can almost guarantee Lake did not touch that ball... I am furious

What replay have you seen. The one I've seen shows no deviation of the ball, and no discernible movement of Lake's fingers.

As for the goal umpire couldn't see - to me that sounds like the week pink prick didn't have the guts to make a call. So he went with what the conference of fools decided.

I'm not one to comment on another teams board. As a matter of fact this is probably the second time I've ever done it, however I feel I need to. I just wanted to comment on the great game that your team played and believe me, I have felt the same way as you guys on numerous occasions... You just need to take heart from a great game and courageous spirit that your young team is exhibiting this year and look forward to the bright future ahead... You have some great talent and I was mega impressed with your coaches game plan to take the game on and use the corridor as this was the direct way to goal and you nearly got there...

I'm not one to antagonise opposition supporters, and to be honest, I am quite disappointed with the way we have been playing this year and hope that this will change in the coming weeks and the rest of the season. You had a good go at it tonight, your intensity was consistent and unfortunately things didn't go your way... Good luck for the rest of the season but I'm sure that you'll be up there in the near future....

By the way, I agree with a previous D's supporter post on this thread. After reviewing the 'second contentious decision' on Ch 7 in slo mo, close up from behind, Lakes fingers were pushed downwards as the ball passed his hand which would suggest that he did in fact touch it.

Anyway, great game by the D's. Although it probably doesn't feel like it now, it will prove an important experience for your side...

The first one was very line ball. Replay was inconclusive imo.

You guys deserved to win the game, but the umpires didn't lose it for you.

The boundary umpire!>?! they called it out on the full twice when it bounced from 5 metres away and theyre overulling the goal umpire from miles away these guys need to worry about getting their own job right and leave goal umpiring to the goal umpires

The boundary umpire!>?! they called it out on the full twice when it bounced from 5 metres away and theyre overulling the goal umpire from miles away these guys need to worry about getting their own job right and leave goal umpiring to the goal umpires
Dude, how many times does it need to be said? The goal umpires said he didn't know! His view was blocked.

He wasn't over ruled. He never claimed it was a goal, he said he didn't see it. ****.

The correct decision was made, because the replay clearly showed it was touched. How can you complain about the boundary umpire making the ruling instead of the goal umpire, who said his view was blocked, when he got the decision correct? Do you expect the goal umpire to just guess?

The replay clearly showed Lake's fingers moving backwards. As for the first incident with Green's kick from mid air, the replay was inconclusive, but I agree the field umpire shouldn't have over ruled in that instance. The goal umpire said he thought it was a goal, but the field umpire said he was sure it was touched. I imagine the field umpire has the final say though? I'm not sure how it all works there.

I was cheering for Melbourne to win, you guys deserved to, and I was genuinely cheering for you guys to win, so this is a completely non bias view. The second one was definitely touched.

I'm of the opinion that if the goal umpire didn't see it, it didn't happen.
Other umpires should only overrule if the decision is an absolute howler, such as Tom Hawkins' GF "goal".
A good case for a video umpire. Can confirm goals if the goal umpire is unsure, or overrule shithouse "out on the full" decisions.

The first one was touched mate and the field umpire had the better look at it. The 2nd decision the goal umpire actually said he couldn't see it, the field umpire said he didn't see it but the boundary umpire said it was touched.

Get your facts right

incorrect.the last descision both the field and goal ump said it was not touched, which it wasn't.

but the big 1 for me was; if a player thinks he marks the ball but he clearly didn't, the ump sees it and calls play on, the player holds the ball into him making NO attempt to get rid of it, he is tackled fairly, then isn't this HOLDING the ball? Scully was crucified on the wing in the 2nd quarter!

The second one I thought was a goal but the first one (the one at Melbourne's cheer squad's end) was definately touched. But you have a point, the goal umpires should make the decision when it's touched that close to the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goal umpire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back