2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Get Rosas into the team. Need that at the top level!
Beat me to it. Wrote the same 2 things. Rosas looks awesome again
He looked good, didn't he? So quick and evasive with the ball in hands and is a proven goal scorer as we know. Already has two goals at half time in a wet low scoring game. I think there's a very good chance Mally gets back in the team for the Port game and we should all be very excited about that. An in form Rosas-Long small forward combination is an exciting prospect!

Was kinda disappointed with his performances in the vfl prior to the latest one week set back. But he’s certainly show his class. Considering the conditions and some of the ball use around him. Clear stand out

Half time cuts back to sunny ground. No players out there. Just Weller doing sprints in the pink runners top. Love to see it

Fish defending the academies on the coverage.

Wish he explained more of the trade we had to do in previous years to get the points. They didn’t all just come from giving up Pick 4…

But at least someone had a bit of insight to give for him once.

GCFC def Williamstown 11.18.84 to 8.9.57 by 27 points

Disposals: Fiorini (42), Davies (36), Rodgers (31), Atkins (30), Macpherson (29)
Goals: Walter (2.2), Johnston (2.2), Rosas (2.0), Davies (1.2), Fiorini (1.1), Mahony (1.1), Gulbin (1.0), Faulkhead (1.0)
Hitouts: Casboult (30). Read (8) vs Williamstown (32 Combined)

Over to you now Jirik when you have time please
Got to start watching the games Bodsy. Suns were all over the Seagulls most of the game. Another scrappy win. Walter was dirty with himself during the game punching the ground… not damaging yet but he has some passion. Davies and Fiorini are just in that no man’s land space too good for VFL but not great at AFL level. Gulbin this year academy player did some good things and probably gets himself a spot on our rookie list in my opinion.

Crab and Farrar were average at best. Atkins had an off game in comparison to previous games. But this game was the highlight on my Saturday as you can imagine after the disaster in the ones

Fish defending the academies on the coverage.

Wish he explained more of the trade we had to do in previous years to get the points. They didn’t all just come from giving up Pick 4…

But at least someone had a bit of insight to give for him once.
For a journalist that only covers two sides he was surprisingly lacking in accurate detail regarding P4 and what the Academy actually delivered. Don’t get me wrong he argued well but details of everything.

Davies continued his good form. Fiorini collected insane number of possessions.

Rogers is coming back to become lively and involved again.

Read also started the game very active until major knee scare. Thanks god he seems ok.

Rosas looks very much back. Some great moves. IMO, definitely in AFL next week.

Casboult worked hard again.

Walter angry with himself and chasing hard. Still not showing enough progress. I do miss his hair.

Who will replace Day, Miller? I can't read Dimma's mind. Casboult/Read/Walter all possibility to replace Day. Casboult for me.

Miller played mostly forward so it could be Rosas replacing him.

It would not surprise me if Rogers is back, replacing Berry. But Dimma loves Berry's pressure.

Could Davis replace Humphrey/Swallow?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Academy talls are anywhere near the VFL level either.

How quickly we went from overstocked with talls last year to a bare cupboard this year…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We were even over stacked this year imo which is why Farrar ended up going back down back. Then we’ve just had the carnage all hit in one week

No ruckman either. Still really surprised we didn’t take one with the mid season draft pick we didn’t use

I assume we’ll see Nancarrow roll out as a hybrid type forward. Massive jump up for him. Otherwise Finn Hay and Lachie Gulbin 183cm key forward roles I imagine

We were even over stacked this year imo which is why Farrar ended up going back down back. Then we’ve just had the carnage all hit in one week

No ruckman either. Still really surprised we didn’t take one with the mid season draft pick we didn’t use

I assume we’ll see Nancarrow roll out as a hybrid type forward. Massive jump up for him. Otherwise Finn Hay and Lachie Gulbin 183cm key forward roles I imagine

Finlay Gray playing well for Broadbeach seniors, so might be in line for a call up.

GOLD COAST SUNS
B:
N. Beikoff-Smart (56), C. Graham (46), S. Brock (45)
HB: S. Lemmens (23), A. Sexton (6), R. Atkins (6)
C: O. Faulkhead (37), B. Fiorini (8), H. Oea (47)
HF: J. Mahony (42), D. Macpherson (44), K. Coulson (51)
F: L. Gulbin (60), W. Rowlands (36), J. Farrar (50)
R: B. Moyle (59), T. Berry (16), J. Tsitas (21)
INT: J. Murray (52), T. Fitzgerald (57), D. Patterson (55), B. Addinsall (53), C. Nancarrow (58)*
EMG: Z. Millane (64), Z. O'Brien (54), J. Frawley

IN: B. Addinsall, T. Berry, K. Coulson, B. Moyle, C. Nancarrow, D. Patterson, A. Sexton, J. Tsitas
OUT: C. Budarick, A. Davies, M. Rosas, L. Johnston, J. Walter (AFL), L. Casboult (hamstring), E. Read (leg), J. Rogers (injured)

Well, the team will have to have a very different strategy this week to win.

I guess we can look at Nancarrow?

But otherwise this team is looking short and just lost a host of experienced/talent.

Good chance for mids and small forwards to try and stamp a claim if they can hit the scoreboard.

Not expecting much.

Not a single Key Forward, gee that's rough
Caleb Nancarrow is a key forward and I believe this game is his VFL debut. He's a little undersized in the low 190s, but his athleticism and impressive vertical leap make up for it. Had huge wraps on him two years ago when he dominated the U16 National Championships and was named the starting AA CHF.

Should be interesting to see how Nanc goes in this game. Could be his last chance to push his case for the draft.

Caleb Nancarrow is a key forward and I believe this game is his VFL debut. He's a little undersized in the low 190s, but his athleticism and impressive vertical leap make up for it. Had huge wraps on him two years ago when he dominated the U16 National Championships and was named the starting AA CHF.

Should be interesting to see how Nanc goes in this game. Could be his last chance to push his case for the draft.
He isn't a key forward. He is a tall flanker. Doesn't play like a key forward in the slightest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back