Club Focus Gold Coast Suns 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Which of the UFA and out of contract players could be seen dropping off the list this year?

Even players with 1 year remaining?

The volume of numbers will give Dimma a fair opportunity to quickly shape his roster.

Is it true there are some rookies who must either be promoted/delisted this year?

Casboult and ellis would be gone/retire.
You would think tsitas day and mahony pretty much get the same treatment (macpherson im unsure on).
Faulkhead and brock in trouble.

If im moyle and davies im asking for trades to clubs where i will play every week.

I still cant believe both atkins and graham are contracted past 2024 as they are terribly bad.

Pretty good selection of picks, only Lombard in the academy to pick up who is slated to be later 1st round. Want experienced good experienced players to bring in now the youth in our club is filling out nicely, will be an interesting watch come the end of the year.

How high is Lombard going to rise up the draft order? Could put the Suns in an awkward spot if they have two picks in the back half of the top 10.

Could just (and probably will) trade those picks into 2025.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As far as I am aware he is a free agent, so IF we do pick him up and he is fit, keen to go on and keen on moving to the GC, it will just cost us cap space.
May not even cost you that if we can tie it into any potential Rioli deal — for example you give us two firsts, we pay some of Rioli's wage so you can fit Duz in as a FA. Similar to the Bowes deal I guess.

He may get Dusty and even add the brilliance of (certainly not a dud) Jack Graham to the list

On any level it's a terrible decision
I don't think this happens FWIW and think he probably retires come years end.

But I can understand it somewhat, especially if Ainsworth gets picked up, Martin can slot in on a HFF quite easily (if he passes a medical and is fit).

On a 2 year contract, doesn't really have a long term salary cap impact (like the Atkins debacle), allows the likes of Rogers, Lombard, Humphrey who could play that HF position a bit more time to develop and not get thrown in straight away and regardless of his level, would probably bring through a few neutrals in just to see how he gets on.

Lets just say, it wouldn't be our worst list decision ever :drunk:.

I don't think this happens FWIW and think he probably retires come years end.

But I can understand it somewhat, especially if Ainsworth gets picked up, Martin can slot in on a HFF quite easily (if he passes a medical and is fit).

On a 2 year contract, doesn't really have a long term salary cap impact (like the Atkins debacle), allows the likes of Rogers, Lombard, Humphrey who could play that HF position a bit more time to develop and not get thrown in straight away and regardless of his level, would probably bring through a few neutrals in just to see how he gets on.

Lets just say, it wouldn't be our worst list decision ever :drunk:.
If he was a leader like Hodge at Brisbane then yes perhaps

Only because of the name, so as to create more interest in GC at the local level.
On talent alone, he was nursed to 300 and would only just get into the starting 22 at GC.

If I was Richmond, I would open the door for him and hope for decent compensation.
For Richmond it's a great outcome
Free up cap space and potentially get something in return

Remove this Banner Ad

Back