Gold Coast SUNS guernsey discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that is interesting. The Monogram isn't the cleanest in the world but it's a big improvement. Hope the basketball-style 'SUNS' logo is an unrelated component of the merchandise.

I like it but might need to change the team song if we go with this one......

We are the SUNS of the Gold Coast sky​

We are one in the red, gold and blue

I will say that I've always sung "We are the one in the red-gold hue" because I like the sound of it better.
The blue has always been one of the weaker elements of the Gold Coast branding, it never made a tonne of sense as more than a clash guernsey colour, and it's too similar to the SA state colours. I really don't like the blue stripe on the guernsey's side panels this year, it takes away from the striking red-gold contrast.

I will say that I've always sung "We are the one in the red-gold hue" because I like the sound of it better.
The blue has always been one of the weaker elements of the Gold Coast branding, it never made a tonne of sense as more than a clash guernsey colour, and it's too similar to the SA state colours. I really don't like the blue stripe on the guernsey's side panels this year, it takes away from the striking red-gold contrast.
I respect your opinion but I don't agree with it...

I joined this Club as a Foundation Member.......and it's always been "we are the one in the red gold and BLUE" not hue.

As I stated, if the guernsey goes with just red/gold, then they'll need to change the team song....

Interesting logo. Just having "suns"
Wonder if it means anything?
That's a little bit better, but I think it should be more like Carlton's, Melbourne or Fitzroy's traditional monogram designs. They should just keep it with a red base like it is now, no gold side bars, and a traditional gold monogram, it would look elite.

Not my design. Have had this saved for a while off internet, but to me its a beautiful design for a jumpe.

The two tone red and heritage font. Just gorgeous and so Simple.

Would 100% vote for this if GC had the option.

View attachment 1983488
That would be top tier just with a red base, no gold collars and no horizontal stripes. Maybe make the monogram a tad bit smaller like Carlton's.

bit of a collab with local streetwear alfred's apartment. a lot of the boys rep alfreds, wouldnt be surprised if there was an actual merch drop at some point

This merch will be available in store on Saturday and online next week

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This merch will be available in store on Saturday and online next week

Hang on, so is this the new logo or just a new logo for this particular store and merchandise sake?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a little bit better, but I think it should be more like Carlton's, Melbourne or Fitzroy's traditional monogram designs. They should just keep it with a red base like it is now, no gold side bars, and a traditional gold monogram, it would look elite.
I agree with you on the monogram but I like the gold side panels too much. Think I might be the only one based on this thread.

It could’ve been so simple…

8dde7e2317f2025fca354bab8aa95905.jpg
cf3674cf7cb77a3a2815111c2168f2e6.jpg

Call me crazy, but I want more yellow, somehow. We are the “gold” coast after all.

As others have mentioned, the problem is that our colours are a bit too similar to Crows.
I'm still of the opinion that the mock up that involved the Gold Coast skyline as a silhouette is the best mock guernsey i've seen anyone make for us.

Its modern, it's simple and it looks great. Like a more interesting version of the Swans Opera House Silhouette. Shows a bit more yellow and an inverted colour scheme would look great still for clash games.

Capture.PNG

Gold Coast SUNS guernsey discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back