HB: Hunt, Bock, Harbrow
C: Iles, Brennan, McKenzie
HF: Bennell, Dixon, Swallow
F: Gorringe, Fraser, Matera
FOLL: Smith, Ablett, Rischitelli
I/C: Harris, Stanley, Shaw, Russell
EMG: Magin, Weller. Liddy
IN: Ablett, Iles, Hutchins, Bennell
OUT: Coad (hamstring), Weller, Magin, Prestia (soreness)
NEW: Jack Hutchins (Sandringham U18s)

Yes glad Harley's back. Also good to see Sammy Iles in the side and Rexy in the emergencies - hope he can get a game soon as I think he has the physical tools to be a success at AFL level.
Surprised to see Mav out so quickly. I thought he was doing OK and just starting to look more comfortable with the pace of senior footy.
Best of luck to "Jumping Jack" Hutchins in his first game.
Is that backline the most inexperienced in AFL history? Toy (2 games); Hutchins (0 games); Tape (3 games). Our Half Forward line is only marginally more experienced!!

Apparently he went well last year but I didn't see him play. The games I've seen him this year, well let's just say I'd rather see the ball in Karmichael's hands, Jack's kicking action doesn't fill me with great confidence.

Just saw some highlights from Hutchins in a 2009 game ... wasn't hugely inspiring to fill the back line. :eek: Anyone able to fill in how he spent and went last year?

one of my favourite players from the past couple of years
Excellent awareness and positional play
In the mould of Scarlett, hoping he can be half as good!
Well done Jack.

Is that backline the most inexperienced in AFL history? Toy (2 games); Hutchins (0 games); Tape (3 games). Our Half Forward line is only marginally more experienced!!

Quite possibly. But I guess we have to throw them into the fray eventually. This year is all about the building of things I suppose.

The half forward line has the potential to be amazing. The number 1 and 2 draft picks along with Dixon .. could definitely be trouble there if stuff goes well. See how we go I spose.

This is the first time I've been genuinely concerned about our back. Especially considering how much occurs in our own fifty! Toy has shown he's got good stuff, but Tape is still a bit away. Hutchins I have no clue. I can only hope that Bock really unites stuff down the back!

I hope Bock watched Merrett's game yesterday, he was immense for the lions.

You are kidding right ? Merrett whilst he did and does some good things during games he cost the lions a win on thurs night, his errors cost the first 3 goals of the game and his backwards kick off one step while walking back off the mark was nothing short of school boy stuff allowing the saints the sealing goal.

Bock is a good defender nothing more than that, the Suns payed way over the odds for him based on the games he averages per year , but i rate him higher than a guy like Merrett who is a fustrating player at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm a fan of Weller, great contest by him in the middle just then.

Great play from that boundary throw in before, linking a few handballs before that terrible kick, he tried to dribble it through when he should have just kicked a drop punt, this is where you guys will go wrong I think, too many stupid decisions which most 18yos do make in AFL, but you've got too many of them.

Zac Smith is a gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Gold Coast v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back