Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well done nully. clearly wanted it more and made wakool look like the disgrace that they are.
wakool showed their true colours, when the going got tough all their w***er melb recuits lost the plot. far too many blokes who couldnt give a stuff about the club, just happy to put their grubby hands out for the cash.

a few interesting points about the hawks:
  • harvey, kearney, wheatley, harrison and co are that arrogant they think they dont have to pay at the gate to get into the footy. this matter has been brought up lately in the local paper, and you would think these tools would pull their heads in and pay the money. no. at macorna yesterday they did the same thing, simply drove straight though without a care in the world. with a combined footy income of lets say $4000 - $5000 per week for the car load (which they dont put a cent back into the community) you would think the could spare $8. disgrace.
  • apparently harrison, who has played on the bench all year, simply turning up so he can get his reported $800 a game, was left out of the selected side on thursday before the 1st semi. good move you would think, give a guy who wants to play a go. no. his bum buddy graham rings the club and threatens none of the melbourne mob would turn up if harrison wasnt given a game. obviously the club had no choice. disgrace.
  • when harrison got his opportunity on the ground, in the last quarter when the game was in the balance, what did he do? mouthed off at either warra (ump) or his team mates (or both) and got sent off. good team player. disgrace
  • kearney saw the writhing on the wall mid way through the last quarter. being the big man he is he thought he would go down swinging (mind you piss poor effort, all show and no go) had only one thing on his mind and that was to get as many cheap shots in as possible. result = send off. then went on to head butt a member of the crowd (poor rick sheahan). disgrace.
  • when the game was up for grabs and wakool needed to take control where was harvey? twiddling his thumbs at full forward. i know, not a bad bloke to have at full forward, but they needed to win the footy in the mid field. you dont see glen smith hiding at full forward when the game was in the balance, he was winning the ball around the ground and still kicked 5! not real intelligent.
  • graham hired a car at the start of the year (i dont think wakool even knew he booked it down to the club), crashed it, wrote it off and who got the bill? wakool footy club. the committee did the right thing and sacked him, not really the kind of guy you want around the club. coach whelan goes behind the clubs back, rings him up and re hires him! disgrace
with blokes like this in the club their stupidity starts to rub off on some of the locals, namely lashbrook. who himself let his side down with numerous undiciplined acts with at least one costing a goal. i know he thinks he is tough because he has a tatoo but sometimes you need to pull your head in.

in summary the club is now a joke. a circus. there is a lot to be said about the quality of players you recruit, it should never be soley on footy ability, but also on character......

Bravo. I doubt that anyone (apart from the aforementioned - you've got right of reply but you'll be wrong, whatever your response) will dispute anything that was said in this post. Hard-hitting reporting there, Hutchy!

well done nully. clearly wanted it more and made wakool look like the disgrace that they are.
wakool showed their true colours, when the going got tough all their w***er melb recuits lost the plot. far too many blokes who couldnt give a stuff about the club, just happy to put their grubby hands out for the cash.

• harvey, kearney, wheatley, harrison and co are that arrogant they think they dont have to pay at the gate to get into the footy. this matter has been brought up lately in the local paper, and you would think these tools would pull their heads in and pay the money. no. at macorna yesterday they did the same thing, simply drove straight though without a care in the world. with a combined footy income of lets say $4000 - $5000 per week for the car load (which they dont put a cent back into the community) you would think the could spare $8. disgrace.
  • apparently harrison, who has played on the bench all year, simply turning up so he can get his reported $800 a game, was left out of the selected side on thursday before the 1st semi. good move you would think, give a guy who wants to play a go. no. his bum buddy graham rings the club and threatens none of the melbourne mob would turn up if harrison wasnt given a game. obviously the club had no choice. disgrace.
  • when harrison got his opportunity on the ground, in the last quarter when the game was in the balance, what did he do? mouthed off at either warra (ump) or his team mates (or both) and got sent off. good team player. disgrace
  • kearney saw the writhing on the wall mid way through the last quarter. being the big man he is he thought he would go down swinging (mind you piss poor effort, all show and no go) had only one thing on his mind and that was to get as many cheap shots in as possible. result = send off. then went on to head butt a member of the crowd (poor rick sheahan). disgrace.
  • when the game was up for grabs and wakool needed to take control where was harvey? twiddling his thumbs at full forward. i know, not a bad bloke to have at full forward, but they needed to win the footy in the mid field. you dont see glen smith hiding at full forward when the game was in the balance, he was winning the ball around the ground and still kicked 5! not real intelligent.
  • graham hired a car at the start of the year (i dont think wakool even knew he booked it down to the club), crashed it, wrote it off and who got the bill? wakool footy club. the committee did the right thing and sacked him, not really the kind of guy you want around the club. coach whelan goes behind the clubs back, rings him up and re hires him! disgrace
with blokes like this in the club their stupidity starts to rub off on some of the locals, namely lashbrook. who himself let his side down with numerous undiciplined acts with at least one costing a goal. i know he thinks he is tough because he has a tatoo but sometimes you need to pull your head in.

in summary the club is now a joke. a circus. there is a lot to be said about the quality of players you recruit, it should never be soley on footy ability, but also on character......

Tell us what you really think Brewery. Tend to agree with you though, dissapointing performance by the Hawks. They may have won the flag last year, however they certainly have not won any respect. One wonders what next year may bring for Wakool.:thumbsdown:

BRAVO-- post of the year.....
Kearney's head, chest did make contact with nulliwal footy club supporter....just a weak prick realy...cheap shots all year he has gave out...neway wakool showed nothing and nulliwal would need to prob step it up another gear for the next final...
Nulliwal should prob invest in sending the Macorna boys up to quamby on a bus cos they got huge support thru the game from them...
Neway Lashbrook is a 2nds footballer and the Melbourne boys can stay there from now on...

Martin Kelly to be in the running for rookie of the year at the age of 15!!!!

Tell us what you really think Brewery. Tend to agree with you though, dissapointing performance by the Hawks. They may have won the flag last year, however they certainly have not won any respect. One wonders what next year may bring for Wakool.:thumbsdown:

A mate of mine was talking with the treasurer of the Wakool club at a party in Queensland a bit earlier in the season. The amount of money that he indicated was being paid out to players (if true) at that club was scarey.
It would be interesting to know how such a small town the size of Wakool can raise the huge amount of money that has allegedly been handed out to players over the past couple of seasons. The money issue seemed to be such a huge issue that some at that club thought that folding may be an option out of its present situation. Many eyes around the state will be on the Wakool club to see how it progresses from here.

Rick wouldn't have been doing anything to upset him either........
Can he get suspended for doing that to a crowd member? It happened down near horsham a few years ago, and the bloke got about 10 weeks, for punching a supporter.

A lot of talk on here about Wakol and their efforts, what about the boys in Maroon!!! Who were the good players for them as i was unable to make the game? Quite an effort really after last weekend and not having won a game for so long.

A lot of talk on here about Wakol and their efforts, what about the boys in Maroon!!! Who were the good players for them as i was unable to make the game? Quite an effort really after last weekend and not having won a game for so long.

Smith's, bill hewitt, jays moloney and the big, bustling V-train Jezza Vearing all had dys out. Sam goldsmith back in town also. Would have been hard to pick 6 best tho. reece poyner presented well and created chances all day long, and brendan crabbe did a pretty handy job on Harvey. Nully won the tactical battle, dropping players back in harvey's space all day, and were ferocious.

Rick wouldn't have been doing anything to upset him either........
Can he get suspended for doing that to a crowd member? It happened down near horsham a few years ago, and the bloke got about 10 weeks, for punching a supporter.

No, of course not!!! I don't think anyone from the opposition has ever wanted to headbutt rick sheahan...:D

there was an incident a number of years ago in a game between wandella and nullawil (I don't remember the details of the player involved, he had long hair tho). a very similar incident: Wandella player gets sent of, and responds to the jeers of the crowd by attacking a crowd member (Ron Pollington in this case). don't remember if he actually punched 'pol', in fact im pretty sure he lost the battle! Don't recall any formal disciplinary action being taken over it.

It's certainly not acceptable, poor effort by Kearney, and wakool as a whole.

A mate of mine was talking with the treasurer of the Wakool club at a party in Queensland a bit earlier in the season. The amount of money that he indicated was being paid out to players (if true) at that club was scarey.
It would be interesting to know how such a small town the size of Wakool can raise the huge amount of money that has allegedly been handed out to players over the past couple of seasons. The money issue seemed to be such a huge issue that some at that club thought that folding may be an option out of its present situation. Many eyes around the state will be on the Wakool club to see how it progresses from here.

What was Harvey on a game? Is he worth looking at recruiting for next year?

No, of course not!!! I don't think anyone from the opposition has ever wanted to headbutt rick sheahan...:D

there was an incident a number of years ago in a game between wandella and nullawil (I don't remember the details of the player involved, he had long hair tho). a very similar incident: Wandella player gets sent of, and responds to the jeers of the crowd by attacking a crowd member (Ron Pollington in this case). don't remember if he actually punched 'pol', in fact im pretty sure he lost the battle! Don't recall any formal disciplinary action being taken over it.

It's certainly not acceptable, poor effort by Kearney, and wakool as a whole.

I beleive it was Tim Nevin who had that particular Nully supporter pooing his pants. Don't forget about the tattoos. But no punches thrown.

I beleive it was Tim Nevin who had that particular Nully supporter pooing his pants. Don't forget about the tattoos. But no punches thrown.

............ and lets not forget the killer mullet!!!! I believe Nevin retaliated after copping a flogging and being called 'pictures' all day! Very intimidating looking man to say the least!!

What was Harvey on a game? Is he worth looking at recruiting for next year?

Word is he is on $1500 a game give or take $500, haha but dont realy know...Yeah he is a class above in our league kicked100 goals plus both years..very lazy but if all u want is goals would definitely be worth talking to if u have the $$$$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word is he is on $1500 a game give or take $500, haha but dont realy know...Yeah he is a class above in our league kicked100 goals plus both years..very lazy but if all u want is goals would definitely be worth talking to if u have the $$$$

whats that make nath henery worth then......:thumbsu:

whats that make nath henery worth then......:thumbsu:

Not as much as Harvey, Henery had a lot better team and delivery than what Harvey recieved this year. Harvey is the best player in the comp but a lack of heart, desire to get the hard ball and passion for his club stops him from performing at his best each week. If he was commited he would play in the middle and destroy the opposition, his ball use is as good as anybody anywhere. Nats is very good and after his goal haul this year I would think some CM clubs would be offering big cash, that's not to say that he would take it.

Not as much as Harvey, Henery had a lot better team and delivery than what Harvey recieved this year. Harvey is the best player in the comp but a lack of heart, desire to get the hard ball and passion for his club stops him from performing at his best each week. If he was commited he would play in the middle and destroy the opposition, his ball use is as good as anybody anywhere. Nats is very good and after his goal haul this year I would think some CM clubs would be offering big cash, that's not to say that he would take it.

I've seen big Nathan play a few times and believe he should have a crack at the CMFL. Certainly good enough to kick 80+ and more in a good side.

Smith's, bill hewitt, jays moloney and the big, bustling V-train Jezza Vearing all had dys out. Sam goldsmith back in town also. Would have been hard to pick 6 best tho. reece poyner presented well and created chances all day long, and brendan crabbe did a pretty handy job on Harvey. Nully won the tactical battle, dropping players back in harvey's space all day, and were ferocious.

When you say the Smiths, did all 3 of them play?? Reece Poyner played?? Well I thought he was severely injured?? They gave Crabbe the job on Harvey?? Good effort from the man considering he kicked 14 last week! Nully were furocious? Thought they may have been a bit softer than the likes of Graham, Kearney, Pollock, Carroll etc....?

When you say the Smiths, did all 3 of them play?? Reece Poyner played?? Well I thought he was severely injured?? They gave Crabbe the job on Harvey?? Good effort from the man considering he kicked 14 last week! Nully were furocious? Thought they may have been a bit softer than the likes of Graham, Kearney, Pollock, Carroll etc....?

Softer than Pollock? Is that possible?????

Big game this week... Wandella kicking some big scores without having to rely on any one player to get a bag. Something new needs to be applied on Henry (maybe a sleeper hold), 12 goals in the last meeting and clearly the difference. Chum will have his work cut out for him during the week that is for sure. Good 2 see the Bombers 2's get up over their rivals in Macorna. Take that Messenger and China!! haha
Trav Smith to be the dark horse for the Bombers (pardon the pun). Sensational form leading into the finals I hear. Doesn't mind the rough and tumble either.

Big game this week... Wandella kicking some big scores without having to rely on any one player to get a bag. Something new needs to be applied on Henry (maybe a sleeper hold), 12 goals in the last meeting and clearly the difference. Chum will have his work cut out for him during the week that is for sure. Good 2 see the Bombers 2's get up over their rivals in Macorna. Take that Messenger and China!! haha
Trav Smith to be the dark horse for the Bombers (pardon the pun). Sensational form leading into the finals I hear. Doesn't mind the rough and tumble either.
I think both sides are full strength....no excuses...should be a good game!

Righto boys and girls, since the home and away season is done and dusted, can i have a few selections for the league b & f....any grades??
My selections;
Seniors: Glenn Smith with Chopper McIntyre the smokey
Reserves: Brent McKnight with the smokey being T. Doran
Thirds: Joe White with a smokey being Marty Kelly (not a real smokey i know)

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back