Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
kerang ground is a shit place for the grand final, poor surface, poor atmosphere and its outside our league...we should have a bit of pride in the surface at murrabit and want to hold the big day within our league....
totally agree mate....it has been proven in the late 90's that murrabit pull a massive crowd for the grand finals, and since then, the facilities have improved and the playing surface is a million times better! And you couldn't find a more central location....15 mins from kerang, 30 mins from swan hill and 15 mins from barham...u get my drift! Holding a grand final at ultima, pppffff, never heard anything more rediculous.

totally agree mate....it has been proven in the late 90's that murrabit pull a massive crowd for the grand finals, and since then, the facilities have improved and the playing surface is a million times better! And you couldn't find a more central location....15 mins from kerang, 30 mins from swan hill and 15 mins from barham...u get my drift! Holding a grand final at ultima, pppffff, never heard anything more rediculous.

Suggesting the GF should be at Murrabit every year is ridiculous, you can use that same argument for any ground in the league. Macorna is 20min from Kerang, 20 min from Cohuna, 20 min from Pyramid Hill, 3 hrs from Melbourne, 10 hrs from Adelaide, if people want to go to the game they will go as long as they have a vested interest in the result. It will pull a crowd at any ground because people want to see it not because it's close to there house. Murrabit's surface is the same as every other ground in the league, rock hard, every ground has a good enough surface to host the GF. I think every club has the facilities to host a GF (Quamby's changerooms are small but I'm sure it would be fine).

To be honest Hay has the best set up of any team in the league to put on a GF if only it was 2 hrs closer to everyone else. I think every team should get the chance to show off there ground, facilities and local community to a wider audience. I'm sure Ultima will do a great job and I have no doubt there will be a great crowd there to support all the teams involved.

Its about time you Murrabit people realised that there is another 8 clubs in the league! The league does not revolve around ya's, you do not deserve every Grand Final! You resemble Donald in the North Central, think ya's run the show and funnily enough ya's wear the same colours!

Its about time you Murrabit people realised that there is another 8 clubs in the league! The league does not revolve around ya's, you do not deserve every Grand Final! You resemble Donald in the North Central, think ya's run the show and funnily enough ya's wear the same colours!

i think you are over generalising there mate. murrabit couldnt give a crap about where the granny is held. i do think it should be in our league, and am quite happy with the idea of not having a finals home ground clash. ultima will do a good job with the day.

Murrabit 15 12 3 0 0 0 0 1660 564 294.33% 48
Nullawil 14 11 3 0 0 0 0 1491 565 263.89% 44
Moulamein 14 10 3 0 0 0 1 1342 527 254.65% 44
Macorna 15 9 5 0 0 0 1 1311 532 246.43% 40
Wandella 14 8 5 0 0 0 1 1144 714 160.22% 36

With the Seniors top four pretty much consolidated i couldnt help but notice the tightness of the reserves competition! Should be interesting come 2 weeks time! Looking forward to what promises to be an exciting finals series this season!

Murrabit 15 12 3 0 0 0 0 1660 564 294.33% 48
Nullawil 14 11 3 0 0 0 0 1491 565 263.89% 44
Moulamein 14 10 3 0 0 0 1 1342 527 254.65% 44
Macorna 15 9 5 0 0 0 1 1311 532 246.43% 40
Wandella 14 8 5 0 0 0 1 1144 714 160.22% 36

With the Seniors top four pretty much consolidated i couldnt help but notice the tightness of the reserves competition! Should be interesting come 2 weeks time! Looking forward to what promises to be an exciting finals series this season!

This weeks match between Wandella and Macorna will decide 4th spot... Macorna have the bye in the last round and Wandella play Ultima, so you would think who ever wins would make the finals!:confused:

I see Ben Carter was at his best in today's Northern Times, stating that the Semi finals are set. By my calculations if Wandella beat Macorna tomorrow then Moulamein will finish a game ahead in second.

Excellent point you make Bear! Moula have Hay and Quamby the last 2 rounds, games that u would not expect them to lose taking their tally to 56 points.
If Macorna lose this weekend they have the bye the last round leaving them on 52 points. Macorna win tomorrow they consolidate a top 2 position and finish on 56 points.
If Wandella lose this weekend they play Ultima in the final round and would expect them to win which will push them to 56 points for the season.
But if the bombers win the next two games they'll finish the season on 60 points.
Moula's percentage is not as strong as the other two teams so their best chance of finishing top 2 is if Macorna get rolled tomorrow. I didnt realise myself just how big of a game it will be @ Wandella tomorrow! Pressures on Tigers!!!!!

I see Ben Carter was at his best in today's Northern Times, stating that the Semi finals are set. By my calculations if Wandella beat Macorna tomorrow then Moulamein will finish a game ahead in second.

our dumb ass reporter has stuffed up again. looks like being a macorna vs murrabit 1st semi. you would think as it is his job he wouldnt make such simple mistakes. will be interesting to see how he covers his ass in tuesdays edition

Wat does everyone think of the young guns comming up for the thirds this year?
a few have already got a spot in their senior side eg. Matt Ladson- macorna Tyler Miles-wandella Jordan Simpson-macorna.
all three have could still play this year but have moved up from thirds to play seniors and all two of the team are in the finals.
Just wanting to know how you rate these three players and any other young guns doing the same?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wat does everyone think of the young guns comming up for the thirds this year?
a few have already got a spot in their senior side eg. Matt Ladson- macorna Tyler Miles-wandella Jordan Simpson-macorna.
all three have could still play this year but have moved up from thirds to play seniors and all two of the team are in the finals.
Just wanting to know how you rate these three players and any other young guns doing the same?

i reckon: Ladson is very good, Miles will be good, and Simpson.... not so much.

Its that time of the year where everybody can make their league predictions for awards, so I may as well get this show on the road.

Seniors
Best and Fairest: Will Callow (Wan)
Runner up: Kane Bannam (Moul)
Rookie of the Year: Matt Ladson (Mac)

Reserves
Best and Fairest: Hayden Mcqualter (Moul)
Runners up: Tony Doran (Null)

Thirds
Best and Fairest: Daniel Watts (Null)
Runners up: Daniel Baker (Wan)

Its that time of the year where everybody can make their league predictions for awards, so I may as well get this show on the road.

Seniors

Reserves

Thirds

I dont see any reserves games but I agree with your predictions about the seniors.

Seniors

Reserves

Thirds

Agree with ya on everything there, tough one in the Thirds though, Daniel Watts should win it but as for Baker not to sure, Wandella thirds are a very strong side and have several players that can get votes. Baker is a fair chance to win it but i also think there are others in his team that can as well.. Bad thing for all of them is they steal votes off each other...

On that note, just wondering if anyone takes the thirds competition seriously and your opinion on whether the Wandella U17's can go back to back Premiers Undefeated??

Cheers,:thumbsu:

agree with you Nackas, Daniel Watts and Kyle Doran have both been very good for nullawil in unders and with doran getting runner up last year will help as well, as for wandella baker is a very good player as well but as is miles, gibbons, macdonald and many more. these guys will take points off each other so i will say that watts or doran will walk away with the trophy...

agree with you Nackas, Daniel Watts and Kyle Doran have both been very good for nullawil in unders and with doran getting runner up last year will help as well, as for wandella baker is a very good player as well but as is miles, gibbons, macdonald and many more. these guys will take points off each other so i will say that watts or doran will walk away with the trophy...

Agree with ya there Carter, Although i still think Watts has had the better season then Doran, but the Umpires might think differently..

Baker would be the favourite from Wandella, seems miles has missed the second half of the Season due to playing Seniors, Gibbons has had a bad run with injury missing almost half the season with a heart problem than a finger, McDonald could be one to take some votes, is leading there goalkicking and doesn't play in the forward line every week from wat i have seen, so musn't be too bad???
but as you said there are many more to pick from...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back