Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
saw ex-Wakool players Adam Kearney and Clint Wheatley playing for Romsey in the riddell district FL today..
fair to say Kearney seemed to struggle-was smashed all day- but Wheatley went okay booting 3 goals. Romsey went down to Macedon by about 10 goals.

from barham originally slim? saw him on the weekend and it looks like he's sucked up a bus!

The bus seems to have worked, kicked 5 I see. Also saw a Daniel Irwin playing at Murrabit, is that the same Daniel [ DON ] irwin that played there a few years back, if so how did he go, I thought he was playing in the Murray league

The bus seems to have worked, kicked 5 I see. Also saw a Daniel Irwin playing at Murrabit, is that the same Daniel [ DON ] irwin that played there a few years back, if so how did he go, I thought he was playing in the Murray league

Not sure who this bloke is but 5 goals against Wakool isn't anything to write home about....
So we are at the half way mark of the year, and not once in any game we have played this year has a bloke been penalised for entering the centre square before the ball up. Then on the weekend we have Boundary Umpire Johnny Doyle who pulls 2 out of the hat....why does he think he has to do this all the time??? It could prove to be very costly to a team come finals time. Just ball it in Johnny!!!!

Not sure who this bloke is but 5 goals against Wakool isn't anything to write home about....
So we are at the half way mark of the year, and not once in any game we have played this year has a bloke been penalised for entering the centre square before the ball up. Then on the weekend we have Boundary Umpire Johnny Doyle who pulls 2 out of the hat....why does he think he has to do this all the time??? It could prove to be very costly to a team come finals time. Just ball it in Johnny!!!!

He loves it, we have had him at probably 3 or 4 games this year and he hasn't had a game where he hasn't called one. Picked out 3 of them in one of our games, I think he feels a little out of the action out on the boundary line.

He loves it, we have had him at probably 3 or 4 games this year and he hasn't had a game where he hasn't called one. Picked out 3 of them in one of our games, I think he feels a little out of the action out on the boundary line.

Totally agree, obviously feels he needs to be apart of the action. So the answer is simple, become a central umpire Johnny!!!!!!! :D

Totally agree, obviously feels he needs to be apart of the action. So the answer is simple, become a central umpire Johnny!!!!!!! :D
He's had a crack at that. Love the way he runs backwards and on the spot. Need more Johnny's becauses I cant believe how small some of these kids doing the boudary are.

Ron's lining up at CHF changing in the Ruck with Choppa.
Robbo could be a surprise inclusion.
Big weekend for the club, hope we get a good turnout.

What is your opinion on the game being on the Saturday Snibs? Do you think that the game would have attracted a bigger crowd on the Sunday, as majority of the VCFL matches of the month are infact on the Sundy? What is the reasoning behind it being played on a Saturday?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the half way point of the year lads so thought I'd toss this up to get some peoples opinions, and to get a bit of chat happening. Very close at the top with three teams only losing 1 game each in the first round, and last years premiers (Murrabit) and prelim finalists (Nully) chasing. Should be an interesting 2nd half of the year. What are your thoughts on;

Grand Finalists:

Premiers:

Leading Goal Kicker:

League Medal:

Rookie:

At the half way point of the year lads so thought I'd toss this up to get some peoples opinions, and to get a bit of chat happening. Very close at the top with three teams only losing 1 game each in the first round, and last years premiers (Murrabit) and prelim finalists (Nully) chasing. Should be an interesting 2nd half of the year. What are your thoughts on;

Grand Finalists:

Premiers:

Leading Goal Kicker:

League Medal:

Rookie:

Grand Finalists: Moulamein Vs Wandella

Premiers: Wandella to release the choking chain

League Medal: Will Callow (wandella)

Leading Goal Kicker: Sean Beddggood (Nully, 92 goals)

Rookie: Either Jack Baker (Quamby) or Matty Ladson (Macorna)

Grand Finalists: Macorna vs Moulamein

Premiers: Macorna

Leading Goal Kicker: Sean Bedggood (nully 80+ goals)

League Medal: Kane Bannam (moula)

Rookie: Kyle Symons (ultima)

KDFL/GRFL Quiz...

Who was the player who won a 3rds B&F and 1sts B&F in the same season?

Who won the KDFL Rookie of the year in 1993?

Who played 2 games (u19 and Seniors) in the same interleague fixture?

Grand Finalists:

Premiers:

Leading Goal Kicker:

League Medal:

Rookie:

Grand final: Macorna vs Moula

Premiers: Macorna to break a 30+ year drought and build a new pub!!!!!:thumbsu:

Leading Goal Kicker: Aron ***** (76)

Leauge Medal: Kane Bannerman

Rookie: Matt Ladson

Marcus Nalder
Good work Roota.
Anybody know the other 2??

Rookie in '93?
U19's and Seniors in the same interleague fixture.
(hint-KDFL v Southern Mallee at Nullawil)

Both are senior players now. Although 1 is injured at the moment.
I'll make sure there are 3 questions on the thread.

New one- Who was the last club to win Premiership in the Seniors, Reserves and Thirds?

Good work Roota.
Anybody know the other 2??

Rookie in '93?
U19's and Seniors in the same interleague fixture.
(hint-KDFL v Southern Mallee at Nullawil)

Both are senior players now. Although 1 is injured at the moment.
I'll make sure there are 3 questions on the thread.

New one- Who was the last club to win Premiership in the Seniors, Reserves and Thirds?

I'll take a stab to try and rule a few out.

Rookie would have been around your vintage Vet so I will guess Greg Stewart maybe, not sure on that one.

Interleague I reckon I remember Chum playing both games, I was there watching that day, I beleive Anthony Anderson was best on in the Under 19's fixture.

Last team to win all 3 I think was Hay in about 94 or 95, just a wild guess that one though.

I'll take a stab to try and rule a few out.

Rookie would have been around your vintage Vet so I will guess Greg Stewart maybe, not sure on that one.

Interleague I reckon I remember Chum playing both games, I was there watching that day, I beleive Anthony Anderson was best on in the Under 19's fixture.

Last team to win all 3 I think was Hay in about 94 or 95, just a wild guess that one though.

Correct. Good work Messenger!
But the other 2 are incorrect.

Old Questions-

Rookie '93??
2 games at interleague fixture (KDFL v SMFL)??

New question-
Who held the goalkicking record before Nats Henry kicked 24 in a match??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back