Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TEE-R-OTTER said:
Have you been to all of the Wakool functions?

Don't they hang around after for a beer?

from what i hear, they say that they pretty much collect there money then. that wouldn't surprise me, as i know a couple of guys who played at a club where they played at and said the same thing that they just **** off.

Hey Bunny, sounds like a bit of a tall poppy thing going on here. Harvey and Graham and co are in your best every week. If not for them you wouldn't even be talking premierships because your depth is no way near that of Nully and Murrabit. I recall having a chat to those blokes after the game against us at around 7pm and that was an away game for you blokes, they were amoung the last to leave. Maybe its having to listen to reserve blokes like you who are probably spitting all over them after the game, when they wan't to just relax.

Absolutely said:
Hey Bunny, sounds like a bit of a tall poppy thing going on here. Harvey and Graham and co are in your best every week. If not for them you wouldn't even be talking premierships because your depth is no way near that of Nully and Murrabit. I recall having a chat to those blokes after the game against us at around 7pm and that was an away game for you blokes, they were amoung the last to leave. Maybe its having to listen to reserve blokes like you who are probably spitting all over them after the game, when they wan't to just relax.

How is it tall poppy syndrome? did i say that i play for them? they probably only stayed abit longer because they were probably waiting for there money, have you thought about that.

graham, harvey are probably the only 2 worth there money, the rest are hacks.

if i was the committee i would look at players that would be there for a couple of years and especially not just a season but hey thats me.

aunt_bunny said:
How is it tall poppy syndrome? did i say that i play for them? they probably only stayed abit longer because they were probably waiting for there money, have you thought about that.

graham, harvey are probably the only 2 worth there money, the rest are hacks.

if i was the committee i would look at players that would be there for a couple of years and especially not just a season but hey thats me.

not sure that any of them are actually worth what they are getting, but, good luck to wakool, sounds like they have been down a long time, they have recruited some pretty good footballers, kearney, schooler, wheatley, harrison, all must be on a packet, but its decent recruiting. I think the whole argument over what they are paid vs is it worth it cant be judged by us outsiders, cause no-one can really comment, unless we are in the club. How do we know that the locals are unhappy? If they are happy, then all is good. and i suppose the other two factors being if they win the flag and play next season (which i can almost guarentee they wont), then this has been a total waste of a topic...
As for sticking around after games, i know they stayed around out at quamby for a decent time after the game, buying a few drinks over the bar.. when we played them at home, they were all still there drinking, which is more than i can say about some clubs, think against ultima, it was me n three other quamby blokes (plus kevvy holland) left shortly after the awards..

telstra101 said:
not sure that any of them are actually worth what they are getting, but, good luck to wakool, sounds like they have been down a long time, they have recruited some pretty good footballers, kearney, schooler, wheatley, harrison, all must be on a packet, but its decent recruiting. I think the whole argument over what they are paid vs is it worth it cant be judged by us outsiders, cause no-one can really comment, unless we are in the club. How do we know that the locals are unhappy? If they are happy, then all is good. and i suppose the other two factors being if they win the flag and play next season (which i can almost guarentee they wont), then this has been a total waste of a topic...
As for sticking around after games, i know they stayed around out at quamby for a decent time after the game, buying a few drinks over the bar.. when we played them at home, they were all still there drinking, which is more than i can say about some clubs, think against ultima, it was me n three other quamby blokes (plus kevvy holland) left shortly after the awards..

i don't think harrison would be worth it to soft, kearney injury prone and wheatley inconsistant.

aunt_bunny said:
from what i hear, they say that they pretty much collect there money then. that wouldn't surprise me, as i know a couple of guys who played at a club where they played at and said the same thing that they just **** off.
where ever you are hearing it from you might want to stop hearing it because they have put a bit of time into sticking around especially harvey and they have attended 90% of the functions,so who ever is giving you the mail is giving you the wrong mail champ

telstra101 said:

Think you are wrong on the Ultima blokes staying around. I was in a shout of 4 and bought twice. Then was at the pub for a while. Didn't see you down there supporting the locals.

ned kelly said:
berie rogers will rack up 50 possesion that will have to be next year two because nully will not make it go ultima:thumbsu:

Cmon Ned i know that you did'nt go to School in your old bushranging days but can you please get your spelling right i believe his name is Bernie Rogers no berie and i do not think Bernie will rack 50 possesion's because he is getting a fare age now and does not have the legs to run that much.

Straunchie59 said:
Cmon Ned i know that you did'nt go to School in your old bushranging days but can you please get your spelling right i believe his name is Bernie Rogers no berie and i do not think Bernie will rack 50 possesion's because he is getting a fare age now and does not have the legs to run that much.

Fair.

madpie said:
where ever you are hearing it from you might want to stop hearing it because they have put a bit of time into sticking around especially harvey and they have attended 90% of the functions,so who ever is giving you the mail is giving you the wrong mail champ
Very true Pie as im sure bunny has been feed a bit of mixo. The last function Wakool held there was 9 of the so called players there until stumps at 2am, now thats a decent effort proving they don't just collect and run without spending some of there pay packet back to the local community. Would make a few weap on here just how much time and money some do spend around the club. I am sure it would be a different story if they were playing at another GR club.

pecker69 said:
Think you are wrong on the Ultima blokes staying around. I was in a shout of 4 and bought twice. Then was at the pub for a while. Didn't see you down there supporting the locals.

which pub u talking about?? im talking bout when i was at ultima a few weeks back, pretty sure there pub is shut isnt it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had 2 Hava laugh there 2day when i was browsing Ben Carters piece in the Northern Times on Momentum. He writes
Momentum
Who's had it - Wakool
Who's got it - Murrabit
Who's found it - Wandella
Who's lost it - Nullawil

Surely the two teams who are playing each other in the 2nd Semi havnt had or lost momentum now lets b honest. Nullawil have won 11 strait, thats a fair loss in momentum if u ask me :confused:

facts_rite said:
Had 2 Hava laugh there 2day when i was browsing Ben Carters piece in the Northern Times on Momentum. He writes
Momentum
Who's had it - Wakool
Who's got it - Murrabit
Who's lost it - Nullawil

Surely the two teams who are playing each other in the 2nd Semi havnt had or lost momentum now lets b honest. Nullawil have won 11 strait, thats a fair loss in momentum if u ask me :confused:
i think benny meant that nullawil will lose some momentum having two weeks off, which is a fair call.

facts_rite said:
Momentum
Who's had it - Wakool
Who's got it - Murrabit
Who's lost it - Nullawil

Correct me if im wrong Benny, but
Wakool lost two games for the year, fair build up to finals I would say.
Murrabit, beat Nully by a point at start of the year, hasnt beaten anyone in the four in the second half of the season, Ben says they have 'got it'.
Wandella sneak into the four after winning last game of the year, only beaten Murrabit in the top four.
Nully, gee I would hate to see them with some momentum, fantastic overall season, would almost have to be outright favourites to win the flag.
Good article though Ben.

super snooper said:
i think benny meant that nullawil will lose some momentum having two weeks off, which is a fair call.

The less games you play in the finals, the better. players don't lose ability in 2 weeks, so i can't see that nully would suffer any real loss of momentum. Momentum is surely a confidence thing, and you don't lose confidence with 2 weeks rest. especially with some small, niggling injuries in the nully ranks, I would have thought that a break is just what they needed. Having said that, does anyone really think that they are clear favourites for the flag??

theteamplayer said:
The less games you play in the finals, the better. players don't lose ability in 2 weeks, so i can't see that nully would suffer any real loss of momentum. Momentum is surely a confidence thing, and you don't lose confidence with 2 weeks rest. especially with some small, niggling injuries in the nully ranks, I would have thought that a break is just what they needed. Having said that, does anyone really think that they are clear favourites for the flag??
i beleive they are favourites, without doubt. however you can't tell 2 weeks off is the ideal preparation. I'm sure they would of preffered a hit out in round 18. This is not to say that it will definitely effect them, but it could.

I wouldnt call Nully the firm favourites due to the depth that the Wakool team have! Speaking of the Wakool team, can anyone give me a top 10 on how they're club B & F turned out???

Tassie Devil said:
Very true Pie as im sure bunny has been feed a bit of mixo. The last function Wakool held there was 9 of the so called players there until stumps at 2am, now thats a decent effort proving they don't just collect and run without spending some of there pay packet back to the local community. Would make a few weap on here just how much time and money some do spend around the club. I am sure it would be a different story if they were playing at another GR club.

well with the money that most are on what is it between $400 up to $1,200 that they are getting (which only a couple are worth it) and plus fuel money. did they pay for there own drinks or was it part of there package? you would hope that they spend something considering if they don't win the flag the club would be abit ****ed off considering that next year all will be gone and wakool sitting on the bottom again and probably broke.

telstra101 said:
all 3 would go straight into any other team, no question

harrison - goes missing in big games, is soft and hangs out and hasn't done anything so far to impress me in any of the games.

kearney - would of been worth it about 5-6 year ago but now not so sure, would be more injury prone than justin kositzke

wheatley - good player but very inconsistant and has alot of injuries as well especially soft tissue types.

aunt_bunny said:
harrison - goes missing in big games, is soft and hangs out and hasn't done anything so far to impress me in any of the games.

kearney - would of been worth it about 5-6 year ago but now not so sure, would be more injury prone than justin kositzke

wheatley - good player but very inconsistant and has alot of injuries as well especially soft tissue types.

since your the guru whats your opinion of the rest of the melb boys

in the blues said:
since your the guru whats your opinion of the rest of the melb boys

Lets stop talking about the Wakool recruits and how much money they are spending. We are on the verge of the finals and all that means jack s hit now. The bottom line is that they needed to recruit quality players and to do that they needed to spend some money. It was either go to Melb and get some or pay big money for some overrated CMFL players (like alot of other GRFL clubs). Good on them for having a go and it has obviously worked so far as they are in a 2nd semi final. From their point of view it has worked so far as it is their first final appreance in about 10-12 years ( i think). Im not a wakool supporter or a supporter of paying players alot of money but at least they are having a go.

nogood said:
Lets stop talking about the Wakool recruits and how much money they are spending. We are on the verge of the finals and all that means jack s hit now. The bottom line is that they needed to recruit quality players and to do that they needed to spend some money. It was either go to Melb and get some or pay big money for some overrated CMFL players (like alot of other GRFL clubs). Good on them for having a go and it has obviously worked so far as they are in a 2nd semi final. From their point of view it has worked so far as it is their first final appreance in about 10-12 years ( i think). Im not a wakool supporter or a supporter of paying players alot of money but at least they are having a go.

I agree good on wakool they have got of there backsides and have had a very successful year record gates, record memebership, record sponsorship and are already working on next year and this is a club that had only ten seconds players last year and had to use there thirds players this year players came back to the club including netballers look how many teams they have in the finals a successful club well done wakool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back