Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footy Tripper said:
Yes Meehan I made my way to Nully last night and they had a healthy 44 on the track, but you would expect that with two teams in the Granny.

Also have noticed that a lot of people who were on this site before the 2nd semi pumping Wakool's tyres up aren't saying anything this week. They were obviously all players that have been told to keep off this site...would that be a fair assumption???
Yes i agree you would expect nully to have more at training the other part i think players from both clubs have been on here and surpporters

Here it is G/F morning. Perfect day for footy . No breeze to speak about at the moment, more likely it will get up as the day goes on but I don't think it will be to bad, no excuses for any team and given that then, Wakool to win, Murrabit in the Reserves, Hay to return the favour in the Thirds and Wandella to go through undefeated in the Fourths. Any way I better get off to footy, had to wait for some people to have a shower so I thought I do my tips for today.

Absolutely said:
I noticed there was a stretch of 2 or 3 games where Harvs was averaging double figures and he didn't poll a vote and finished about 4th. There next tear of top players did pinch them.

Also great effort by Maher, and Josh Logan especially, who came equal 6th playing for the bottom team. Very consistant years picking up lots of 1s and 2s. I think Pickering from Ultima also polled well from teams from the bottom half.:thumbsu:

Pickering has always been popular with the umpires its like when a grey runs in the Melbourne Cup no matter how the perform they get noticed! He has also been known to go and have a beer and a shower with them after some games, im not saying that its a bad thing he spends time with the umps I just think it may influence there votes at times!:)

Congrats to Thorpey - whilst I never wanted Rumba to beat us when they were Yea's CGFL opponents Im delilghted that Thorpey got himself a flag after 2 runners-ups in 04 & 05 :thumbsu:

what an end to a superb season of footy yesterday, perfect day and a thrilling match, well done wakool. just a point of interest, has anyone seen josh bode, apparently he went missing yesterday(saturday) at around 2:30 and hasn't been seen since, anyone with information, can you please contact the nullawil football club?

DOCKERS said:
what an end to a superb season of footy yesterday, perfect day and a thrilling match, well done wakool. just a point of interest, has anyone seen josh bode, apparently he went missing yesterday(saturday) at around 2:30 and hasn't been seen since, anyone with information, can you please contact the nullawil football club?[/quote]

DOCKERS i think he has been pollishing his B & F medal mate. Do you know what one of them look like?? Nah didnt think so.

DOCKERS i think he has been pollishing his B & F medal mate. Do you know what one of them look like?? Nah didnt think so.[/quote]
Plenty of ppl know what they look like, and he had a shocker and didnt get much of the ball at any stage.
Was a nail bitter in the end and how they can justify the 35+ minute quarters is a mistory. Very hard on both teams on a hot day.
Well done to Wakool who have shut a few knockers up. All the players attended the post game wake along with plenty of there families also there. I think they are a closer team of players than many think.
Thomson umpires medal was a disgrace and followed the way they controlled the second half. BOG could of gone to a number of players from each team.
Overall a great game for the crowd they enjoyed it just a pitty only one team could win.

Tassie Devil said:
DOCKERS i think he has been pollishing his B & F medal mate. Do you know what one of them look like?? Nah didnt think so.
Plenty of ppl know what they look like, and he had a shocker and didnt get much of the ball at any stage.
Was a nail bitter in the end and how they can justify the 35+ minute quarters is a mistory. Very hard on both teams on a hot day.
Well done to Wakool who have shut a few knockers up. All the players attended the post game wake along with plenty of there families also there. I think they are a closer team of players than many think.
Thomson umpires medal was a disgrace and followed the way they controlled the second half. BOG could of gone to a number of players from each team.
Overall a great game for the crowd they enjoyed it just a pitty only one team could win.[/quote]Yes Great game interesting to see the parker charge both umpires wright and doyle had a clear view was a disgrace no report how do i know caught on dvd

Yes Great game interesting to see the parker charge both umpires wright and doyle had a clear view was a disgrace no report how do i know caught on dvd[/quote]

I assume you are talking about the bump on Ash Hobson?

The umpires set the standard in the second semi when young Lashbrook over -ran the ball and laid out Jayson Moloney with the head-high hit with his forearm.

Result - 15min break on the pine

The Parker bump was within the parameters of a fair bump, arm tucked in, Ash was holding onto the ball and so forth.
Similar in some ways to the Giansiracusa bump on Koschitzke, poor Ash just didn’t see Parker coming and was not braced for the contact.

Result - Well the only disgraceful thing to come out of it was the fact the league had played three grand finals that day without the access to a stretcher!!

Shame shame Mr den Houting and your merry men….

Tassie, what a great game to watch!!! If you think that Thompson wasn't the best (which he wasn't) who do you think should have got the Medal. Both sides had great players such as Harvey (8.7), Graham and G.Whelan for the Hawks. I thought Hogan (4 goals), Hewitt (6 goals) and B.Smith for Nully. Tassie you played in the game what are your thoughts???

Best grand final in recent memory. looked to be all over at half time, but nully staged a brave comeback. last quarter was sensational, looked like nully were going to come over the top, but wakool ralled with two goals against the flow.

umpires must have been disillusioned by the heat to award thomson BOG. what a mockery of a highly coveted award. there was a host of great players from both sides. the candidates would be kearney, harvey, or doyle from wakool or hogan and hewitt from nully. My pick would be Harvey, because he was the difference, and had the greatest influence on the match.

He is the best player seen in the grfl and manufactures goals from nothing. all wakool needed to do was get the ball in his area, and he was a chance to goal.

well done to wakool, proved to be the best side in the comp. (even if it did cost a cool $125k);)

super snooper said:
Best grand final in recent memory. looked to be all over at half time, but nully staged a brave comeback. last quarter was sensational, looked like nully were going to come over the top, but wakool ralled with two goals against the flow.

umpires must have been disillusioned by the heat to award thomson BOG. what a mockery of a highly coveted award. there was a host of great players from both sides. the candidates would be kearney, harvey, or doyle from wakool or hogan and hewitt from nully. My pick would be Harvey, because he was the difference, and had the greatest influence on the match.

He is the best player seen in the grfl and manufactures goals from nothing. all wakool needed to do was get the ball in his area, and he was a chance to goal.

well done to wakool, proved to be the best side in the comp. (even if it did cost a cool $125k);)
Wasn,t doyle BOG and a cool 125 maybe you should come to the wakool AGM and find out i think you are wrong again Nully only got back in the game because of very poor umpiring the dvd confirms it maybe you should take time out and veiw it

TEE-R-OTTER said:
Yes Great game interesting to see the parker charge both umpires wright and doyle had a clear view was a disgrace no report how do i know caught on dvd

I assume you are talking about the bump on Ash Hobson?

The umpires set the standard in the second semi when young Lashbrook over -ran the ball and laid out Jayson Moloney with the head-high hit with his forearm.

Result - 15min break on the pine

The Parker bump was within the parameters of a fair bump, arm tucked in, Ash was holding onto the ball and so forth.
Similar in some ways to the Giansiracusa bump on Koschitzke, poor Ash just didn’t see Parker coming and was not braced for the contact.

Result - Well the only disgraceful thing to come out of it was the fact the league had played three grand finals that day without the access to a stretcher!!

Shame shame Mr den Houting and your merry men….[/quote]
Read the rule book parker should have got a yellow just like lashbrook it was the same umpire on both times one rule for nully another for wakool

(Log in to remove this ad.)

meehan said:
Wasn,t doyle BOG and a cool 125 maybe you should come to the wakool AGM and find out i think you are wrong again Nully only got back in the game because of very poor umpiring the dvd confirms it maybe you should take time out and veiw it

well done to wakool. dont think the money should be an issue, as long as the club survives and is happy, then no one else should complain. Missed the game due to footy trip, but would love to get me hands on the game, by all accounts was a great game.

super snooper said:

Well SS just finished reading the Guardian to quote 'David Thomson was magnificent in the backline particularly in the dying stages'.

Are you sure you were at the right game?

meehan said:

I would hate to have seen what you would have been like if Wakool lost Meehan because you are proving to be a very poor winner:thumbsdown:

All you've done is bag the umpires and given nully no credit for their effort in the game, simply saying the umpires got them back in it. I would like to think that your attitude towards what was a great grand final is not typical of most other Wakool players/supporters.

You talk about how all the players went back to Wakool after the game which shows how committed they are to the club and how much they love the place. Bullshi t, wonder what it would have been like had they lost..................

Lenny your creditability just took a severe blow. thomson was magnificent in the dying stages, taking two consecutive saving marks, but did little else and and was far from BOG.

can you honestly tell me that thomson had greater influence on the game than harvey, kearney, doyle, etc, etc.

what do others think?

super snooper said:
Lenny your creditability just took a severe blow. thomson was magnificent in the dying stages, taking two consecutive saving marks, but did little else and and was far from BOG.

can you honestly tell me that thomson had greater influence on the game than harvey, kearney, doyle, etc, etc.

what do others think?

Snoop, dont get personal old mate, merely pointing out what was written in the Guardian. Would have to agree that one or two players from either side were worthy of the medal. Great game though!!

local lad said:
I would hate to have seen what you would have been like if Wakool lost Meehan because you are proving to be a very poor winner:thumbsdown:

All you've done is bag the umpires and given nully no credit for their effort in the game, simply saying the umpires got them back in it. I would like to think that your attitude towards what was a great grand final is not typical of most other Wakool players/supporters.

You talk about how all the players went back to Wakool after the game which shows how committed they are to the club and how much they love the place. Bullshi t, wonder what it would have been like had they lost..................
I am not a wakool local i umpire in melbourne was at the sec/semi and GF parkers was the same as lashbrook I was told the umpire that sent lashbrook off was howden he was correct saturday was wright he was wrong and saw him make quite a few basic errors like not looking at the goal umpire who signaled out on the full it gave nully a goal ,the head area is protected every umpires knows this ,the problem here is its on dvd and I surpose you dont like that

FOOZ said:
DOCKERS said:
what an end to a superb season of footy yesterday, perfect day and a thrilling match, well done wakool. just a point of interest, has anyone seen josh bode, apparently he went missing yesterday(saturday) at around 2:30 and hasn't been seen since, anyone with information, can you please contact the nullawil football club?[/quote]

haven't got one of those but i'm sure josh would've much rathered a premeirship medal to polish, but if all he plays for is personal glory, good on him. he certainly didn't play like a league medal winner on saturday! many people measure how good a player is on how they perform when it counts, he certainly hasn't shown much when pressure is on

meehan said:
I am not a wakool local i umpire in melbourne was at the sec/semi and GF parkers was the same as lashbrook I was told the umpire that sent lashbrook off was howden he was correct saturday was wright he was wrong and saw him make quite a few basic errors like not looking at the goal umpire who signaled out on the full it gave nully a goal ,the head area is protected every umpires knows this ,the problem here is its on dvd and I surpose you dont like that

parker jumped off the ground and it was a forearm to the head, the fact that it was called play on sums up the shocking year of umpiring in the GRFL..

DOCKERS said:
parker jumped off the ground and it was a forearm to the head, the fact that it was called play on sums up the shocking year of umpiring in the GRFL..
I agree I did not see all games but umpiring is not that bad just some basic errors

Tassie Devil said:
Overall a great game for the crowd they enjoyed it just a pitty only one team could win.[/quote]

Tassie why were they attending a wake? Don't you celebrate after winning a flag? A wake is something that occurs when something/someone dies. Is your choice of words proving that the Wakool people believe that thier club may have played thier last games in the league?

totally agree there dockers, a players reputation can be made during finals (ash connick) and i'm sorry to say the past three years j.bode has made a reputation for himself

dazza08 said:
totally agree there dockers, a players reputation can be made during finals (ash connick) and i'm sorry to say the past three years j.bode has made a reputation for himself

That would be the same Ash Connick who has 2 VCFL medals for best ons in GF's would it Dazza? He has played in about 8 GF's and has played poorly in 3 which are the last 3 and the only one's you've seen. I also saw Bode play a fantastic game when Boga beat Swan Hill in the CMFL granny a few years back. I know both blokes pretty well so unless your record is as good as these 2 maybe pipe down. Your past posts indicate you dont like Bodey, taking cheap shots on here isn't real brave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back