Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Question for mini driver advocates. Do you use it off the deck? I no longer carry a 3 wood, so the two for one aspect is appealing.
I've tried but it's not reliable for me(50% strike rate), I can hit my 2 Hybrid over 200m anyway and dropped my 3W out of my bag because of this.

I can hit the Mini as big as my 20 year old driver so I'm going to get fitted a new one in a couple of months.

Taking golf back up after a very long layoff. This thread has been an excellent resource for lurking and gaining intel. Good job all. In related news I've got a nice new SW coming from golfbox tomorrow to help me tackle the club I've joined.

Taking golf back up after a very long layoff. This thread has been an excellent resource for lurking and gaining intel. Good job all. In related news I've got a nice new SW coming from golfbox tomorrow to help me tackle the club I've joined.
What brand of SW?

What brand of SW?
Callaway jaws. First time buying something without trying but I did some desktop research lol. Mostly got carried away while looking for a new grip for my putter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many wedges do you guys have in your bag?
Too many.

AW, PW from my Iron sets.

52, 56, & 60 Cleveland CBX2's Never want to change these, love them.

I am thinking of getting rid of the AW and putting back in my 4 Iron, but I just struggle hitting my 4 Iron. (it is the one gap in my hitting distance though)

In saying that though, I hardly even use my AW. Decisions decisions

Didn't realise when I upgraded irons after ~25 years that club lofts had snuck down ~6%.

Totally get why everyone now has so many wedges now when the PW with your iron set is really an 8.5 iron.

I have a gap now from my 44* PW to my new Jaws 52* SW but that seems manageable to be able to belt the SW to 90ish metres and hit varied PW shots from 90-110. Have now just bought a matching 60* lob wedge to round out the set. Figure I am better off getting really familiar with a range of shots with 3 wedges than trying to fit in 4 for comprehensive gapping.

That's the excuse I am going with anyway. I suspect the real issue is that I don't want to be surrendering from my options at the top part of the bag.

Hi is about tees? I hate when u have to buy some at the shop cause u ain’t h guy it any. Then on course u find heaps
bought one of those silly sized bags of what seems like a thousand wooden tees about a decade ago and they sit in my bag in a giant pile. May go another decade before I think about tees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back