Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone used or know someone who has played Takomo clubs?

www.takomogolf.com

They're direct to consumer, about $750 for a 4-PW iron set which would usually cost $1500-2000 with most of the main brands at retail. They come in the shaft I was fitted for once (KBS Tour Lite) so that's a plus, the main problem is as far as I know there's nowhere to be able to hit and trial them, but the limited reviews online and on reddit/ YouTube suggest they are pretty decent and very good for the value.

I'm a bit price conscious these days, I don't like buying second hand and it's harder to find older models in stores and even then they're still around the $900-1k mark for a set of irons.

Am contemplating gambling on these with my fitted shaft and seeing how they go.

Anyone used or know someone who has played Takomo clubs?

www.takomogolf.com

They're direct to consumer, about $750 for a 4-PW iron set which would usually cost $1500-2000 with most of the main brands at retail. They come in the shaft I was fitted for once (KBS Tour Lite) so that's a plus, the main problem is as far as I know there's nowhere to be able to hit and trial them, but the limited reviews online and on reddit/ YouTube suggest they are pretty decent and very good for the value.

I'm a bit price conscious these days, I don't like buying second hand and it's harder to find older models in stores and even then they're still around the $900-1k mark for a set of irons.

Am contemplating gambling on these with my fitted shaft and seeing how they go.
Asked a few (clearly biased) club fitters at Club Champion about them a few months back. They were predictably scathing about their quality(lack of) control. Not sure that is particularly helpful! Guess you'd need to ask what you are comparing them to?

Asked a few (clearly biased) club fitters at Club Champion about them a few months back. They were predictably scathing about their quality(lack of) control. Not sure that is particularly helpful! Guess you'd need to ask what you are comparing them to?
Yeh Club Champion are very proud of their own processes which they say is well and beyond other clubfitters too, and they charge significantly for it, so I'm not sure that view would be totally unbiased haha

A mate is ordering some shortly. 15 handicapper but uses 20 year old clubs. Will report back if he pulls trigger before you get some

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A mate is ordering some shortly. 15 handicapper but uses 20 year old clubs. Will report back if he pulls trigger before you get some
Yeh please do!

The absolute shame is there doesn't seem to be anywhere to test them, but who would say no to irons at half the price if they perform just as well?

Hell even if they were 90% as good as something twice the cost it's probably still worth it.

Yeh please do!

The absolute shame is there doesn't seem to be anywhere to test them, but who would say no to irons at half the price if they perform just as well?

Hell even if they were 90% as good as something twice the cost it's probably still worth it.
It'd even be helpful if you were able to buy just a single iron to test it out.

Just out of interest why did you change? The 962's were a brilliant iron.
Just a change up more than anything - on the back of a more concerted return to playing. I actually still love those irons. On a like for like basis(today's irons are about a club stronger), I am hitting them only slightly shorter than the ZX5s. But the latter are a lot more forgiving. And these days, I commit a lot of sins.

Bought a Cobra LTDx LS 3 wood, looking forward to testing it out. Starts at 14.5* have set it to the 13.5* draw setting for its first run.
Got the driver, love it, although it only comes out on special occasions now….like when I’m really pissed off and want to hurt the golf ball.

Bought a Cobra LTDx LS 3 wood, looking forward to testing it out. Starts at 14.5* have set it to the 13.5* draw setting for its first run.
Can confirm, this thing bangs.

Can confirm, this thing bangs.

Not as much as this does. The name, the loft, the color!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back