Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting. Does that work for you?

I wonder if I overthink these things.
Honestly I just really like having a bunch of long clubs to pick from. Could also see the fun in having 5 wedges though. I got my 52 (Callaway Jaws) extended an inch to 9 iron length. It's still new but I feel like I can use the full length and close it off a bit and extend the range near enough to the bottom of the PW range. Then the rest of the time it's 50-90% swings of the 52 until I get to under 50 metres then the 60 degree comes out.

I like the idea of getting to use and know less clubs with the short game to get a really good feel for the ones you have.

I've got a 60 and 54 in Callaway Jaws. Used to have 60, 56 and 52 Titleists...That 56 was my favorite club I ever owned but wore the groves out too much. Too many clubs in my bag to have those 3 wedges now.

In other news, I have been struggling a bit as I get older hence my move to hybrids instead of longer irons. About to replace my irons with something more suitable as my slowing club head speed is not launching them irons high or far enough any more. Iron fitting incoming.

Swing speed has dropped about 10 miles per hour since I was last fitted for my 7 iron 4 years ago.

Mizuno JPX 925 Hot Metal 8 iron through to 54 degree wedge and 60 degree Mizuno T24 wedge all with a light weighted steel shaft ordered.

7 iron Mizuno was going 20M further than my Callaway Apex 19s (that has 55g heavier shafts).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My golf clubs live in the boot of my car, they're worth significantly more than the car itself so hopefully never gets stolen haha
Had 4 blokes try to break into my cars and house at12.26am on Monday morning/Sunday night.

Scary CCTV footage - thankfully the dog scared them off from the back-door

They obviously wanted my new Scotty and Miura wedges 🤣

Had 4 blokes try to break into my cars and house at12.26am on Monday morning/Sunday night.

Scary CCTV footage - thankfully the dog scared them off from the back-door

They obviously wanted my new Scotty and Miura wedges 🤣

They should be in the house. You sleep in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They should be in the house. You sleep in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
My clubs live in my walk in robe, never out of sight

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back