Golf Golf Course rankings, and general golf course chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone got any experience playing in the Macedon Ranges area. Have just built and moved to Gisborne. Gisborne, Woodend and Goonawarra are close to me but have only ever played Goonawarra. Any other courses worth looking at from anyone's experience? In terms of my golfing past was a long time member of Northern in Glenroy and more recently been playing Yarra Yarra (father in law is a member) and Sandy Golf Links.
Grew up in the Macedon Ranges. Best course in the area imo is Trentham, worth the drive. Gisborne is good but can get pretty wet in winter, probably fine this year as we haven't had a wet winter. Goonawarra probably next on the list. Mt Macedon is a bit of a hidden gem, 9 holes but different tees make it 18. Woodend has some great holes but some pretty repetitive ones too (straight par 4's).

Grew up in the Macedon Ranges. Best course in the area imo is Trentham, worth the drive. Gisborne is good but can get pretty wet in winter, probably fine this year as we haven't had a wet winter. Goonawarra probably next on the list. Mt Macedon is a bit of a hidden gem, 9 holes but different tees make it 18. Woodend has some great holes but some pretty repetitive ones too (straight par 4's).
Thanks guys really appreciate all the feedback.

No, but a member of our club that played Pebble didn't having glowing reports. Something like the 6 holes you see on TV are awesome and then there's 12 holes that aren't much chop. Wouldn't stop me from playing there though.

Total bollocks… the “estate” holes all over look the ocean on a grand scale.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf Golf Course rankings, and general golf course chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back