Good Solid Hitout

Remove this Banner Ad

Find this thread somewhat encouraging. I did not see the game - only listened.

'Sounded' very similar to the Lions game two weeks ago i.e. we were ontop most of the day - only to lose.

However, unlike the lions game - it's very very positive in here. This is a good thing.

Unfortunately I'm still a doubting thomas - hopefully we come out snarling next week.

I must question if you actually watched the game.

Gia was very good and worked hard.
In tough conditions he was our leading possession winner.

How can you say he was lazy?
I watched every second of the game mate..

Gia dropped easy marks, fumbled the loose ball and earnt easy possies!

How about putting into context, Gia nor young Ben Reid did not do anything that directly blantantly cost us a goal.

Cross poor option and low quality foot disposal did as did Gilbee via a poor option.

How about putting into context, Gia nor young Ben Reid did not do anything that directly blantantly cost us a goal.

Cross poor option and low quality foot disposal did as did Gilbee via a poor option.
I would disagree..

Gia fumbled the ball in the goal square in the first quarter I believe this led to Minson having an incorrect disposal and a goal to Adelaide.
Reid no he didn't cost any goals, but he didn't contribute anything worthwhile either..

I have watched a replay as well.
Gia did fumble a ball in a backline scramble that led indirectly to the free kick against Minson for Adelaide's second goal.

He did also drop ONE chest mark in the second but stayed involved and contributed to a goal scored by Eagleton from the same passage of play.

I was paying attention because of your comments and saw nothing else that I would class as errors by Gia. He also worked very hard to get to the ball or create an option.

Having watched a full replay it is obvious that we lost because we did not take our chances. I actually counted 15 gettable goals that we missed, which included 4 in the first and 5 in the second. We did not even score from some of those chances.

I must question if you actually watched the game.

Gia was very good and worked hard.
In tough conditions he was our leading possession winner.

How can you say he was lazy?

Gia was good but he is just looks (and is) slow compared to the bigger bodies of Adelaide, especially at AAMI on a wet day. Of all our seniour players he seems to be the one who has never reached his potential in terms of his physical abilities. Put Aker's legs on him and he would be great.

Gia was good but he is just looks (and is) slow compared to the bigger bodies of Adelaide, especially at AAMI on a wet day. Of all our seniour players he seems to be the one who has never reached his potential in terms of his physical abilities. Put Aker's legs on him and he would be great.

I have an issue with calling him slow as well.
Gia gets to a lot of contests and puts in to create options. There was one occasion yesterday where a miskick had the ball 20 metres away but Gia made the effort to get to the contest and got the ball out of bounds.

He does not have the speed of Cooney or especially Harbrow but he does ok.
He is one of our most dependable players and I would suggest he has done very well in terms of his physical abilities.

Don't get me wrong he is a solid player.. I just don't think he is the star that a lot of people make him out to be!
You guys are kidding Gia is a great footballer and considering what happened in the pre-season he has even more guts. He is consistant, hard at it , takes a great contested mark inside the 50 and is way more consistent than Cooney or the other guys like Griff. He is a great hard working player who is a major importance to the team.
Let's get over the negative stuff as this Friday we play the Hawks to try to get a Pre-Lim final and this is what Eade has been coaching for over the past 6-7 weeks.
Go Doggies

I wouldn't use the words 'Great footballer' to describe Gia but he's better then some give him credit for. He has had a very good season and it is even more impressive considering he's knee injury during the pre-season.
You can use great in two contexts - one being a legend or second to describe someone light heartedly as a very good player as you would discuss between two mates and I was referring to the second with Gia. I think Johnno is in the first catergory in my opinion.
Go Doggies

Remove this Banner Ad

Good Solid Hitout

Remove this Banner Ad

Back