Good turnout at Kogarah

Remove this Banner Ad

St. Tuttler

Debutant
May 2, 2002
Strathfield, Sydney
Other Teams
St George, Geelong, Nth Spirit, Lee
I went last night to Kogarah Oval to see the USA Tomahawks V the Dragons All Stars (retired dragons players from the 80's, 90's). A crowd of around 3000 turned up, which wasnt to shabby at all for an exhibition game.

The game was put on to help the Joanne Mackay Helping Hand foundation. This Foundation has been set up to raise money to help individuals diagnosed with breast cancer to best live their lives. Brad Mackay's wife Joanne passed away with breast cancer last year and it was awesome seeing the community rally around the charity and the Mackay family.

Was great to see all the old players back again, especially Graeme Bradley, Mark Coyne, Ricky Walford and Brad Mackay. Anthony Mundine even made an appearance, scored a try and did a forward flip at the end. At the end of the game there was a old style stampede onto the ground and a fight for the corner post, which was won by me.:)

The Dragons ended up winning 40 something to 18, but the game wasnt the important part of the evening. The Tomahawks have a long way to go to become competitve, but talking to some of their players and administrators last night and the enthusiasm and passion they showed, gave hope for the future of the game in the USA

Originally posted by St. Tuttler
I went last night to Kogarah Oval to see the USA Tomahawks V the Dragons All Stars (retired dragons players from the 80's, 90's). A crowd of around 3000 turned up, which wasnt to shabby at all for an exhibition game.

The game was put on to help the Joanne Mackay Helping Hand foundation. This Foundation has been set up to raise money to help individuals diagnosed with breast cancer to best live their lives. Brad Mackay's wife Joanne passed away with breast cancer last year and it was awesome seeing the community rally around the charity and the Mackay family.

Was great to see all the old players back again, especially Graeme Bradley, Mark Coyne, Ricky Walford and Brad Mackay. Anthony Mundine even made an appearance, scored a try and did a forward flip at the end. At the end of the game there was a old style stampede onto the ground and a fight for the corner post, which was won by me.:)

St. Tuttler,
I saw some snippets of the game and Brad Mackay being interviewed as well.
Certainly a fantastic charity to support and you had good support there too.
Good on Mundine for turning up too....a lot of people bag him, but hey, he deserves some credit for this.

What did you get for being first to the corner post?

Ms Storm, I won the corner post, its sitting in my room in the corner.

Apparently in the 70's and 80's, the kids used to stampede onto ground and go for the corner post at the end of the game. Since i was too young to ever experience that before it got outlawed me and a few friends took the opportunity to grab a corner post at that particular game.

http://forums.rleague.com/viewtopic.php?t=32530

Go to the address and see the Dragons and Tomahawks group photo, you'll see me and my mates corner post in the background.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good turnout at Kogarah

Remove this Banner Ad

Back