Goodbye Denis, hello future

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, another bloody thread on Pagan. Goodbye Denis, thanks for the flags, good luck at Carlton although that doesn't mean I want you to win a flag for that mob.

Onto us. Pagan is not North Melbourne and North Melbourne isn't Pagan. The club is us, the staff that run the place, and our players. We know that we've got some of the best fans around. We know that our administrators won't be held to ransom, and I reckon that as long as our coach is one of Hamilton, Wallace, or Eade, I reckon the players will be in good hands. We've got a tough as nuts on field leadership team in Stevens and Archer, and we've got a good mix of youth and experience.

For years under Pagan, we've played the percentages - bomb the ball forward, win the contest, crumb it if you can. 4 points if it works, a 50 point loss if it doesn't. So it's great for our win-loss ratio, not so great for seeing us belt oppositions. When was the last time we saw our team go out and belt someone by 15 goals or more?

We've sat back and seen Pagan tactically outdone by other coaches - as Carlos pointed out, Eade picked apart Pagan's game plan in five minutes during the Swans vs Roos game and predicted the result.

With the right coach, can you imagine what will happen if the likes of the Motlops, Pickett, Harding, and co are encouraged to attack and pass the ball? If the players are allowed to forget the percentages for the moment and encouraged to follow their instincts? We know we've got some talented footballers, and we know we've got some enforcers.

Pagan is a great coach and I will be forever thankful to him for what he's done for the Roos. But compare the '93 Roos to the recent version, and with less talent, we've become a grinding team. Even the '99 premiership team was more about heart and grit than the '96 team which went in for the kill.

Before you go to sleep tonight, remind yourself of the following names and think of the chances they will get next season to strut their stuff. Daniel Motlop, Dylan Smith, Shannon Motlop, Daniel Harris, David Hale, Rod Crowe, Daniel Pratt, Corey Jones....don't you feel better already?

NORTH MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - WE'LL NEVER DIE

well said. couldnt agree more.

i'm excited about having a new coach and have the shackles come off. hopefully it will also mean we can see our players in the media and more promotion of the club. the one and only area that i think denis failed in.

Originally posted by Shinboners

Before you go to sleep tonight, remind yourself of the following names and think of the chances they will get next season to strut their stuff. Daniel Motlop, Dylan Smith, Shannon Motlop, Daniel Harris, David Hale, Rod Crowe, Daniel Pratt, Corey Jones....don't you feel better already?

Nice try, but, nope.:mad:

There is an absolute gold mine of potentially top coaches out there.

Harvey
Laidley
O'donnell
Longmire
Roos

Have all got big wraps

Even a guy like Eade is quality.

Not to mention Wallace???

Originally posted by pastie37
well said. couldnt agree more.

i'm excited about having a new coach and have the shackles come off. hopefully it will also mean we can see our players in the media and more promotion of the club. the one and only area that i think denis failed in.

too bloody right, we need pr presence not just someone we call coach and hides in a hole in the wall.

we have the young players that the girls like the look of let em loose on the public

.no more mr shy guy

Unlike yourself.. I think we would be heading down the wrong path if we got Eade or Wallace..

I would however have confidence in Hamilton..

My thoughts:
1: Laidley
2:Hamilton
3:O'Donnel;Royal;Shaw (Robert- heard him on talking footy and he said he would coach- even if the club he was offered to coach was struggling financially- and I liked that attitude he seemed to have)

And out of the hat:
John Blakey

Go Roos

so hows this

in the end the money would of been similar, but with the roos hed have to do the extra duties.

well in my mind cya later dennis thanks for the games but you can go to carlton.

the only difference was gonna be the off field work, we want someone to do that, it is what we lacked.

must feel for corey mckernan who earlier this yr made it clear he left the roos becoz of dennis. corey may win thier b and f tomorrow night:D

i think that it wasn't only money it was the same with wallace it is very hard to win when you are at such a disadvantage(92.5% of salary cap) in such an even competition.
As for eade he had 110% at sydney and the best facilities and he still got sacked how will he go at north? i think the only thing eade could get us would be a number 1 pick in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it will be very interesting to see you think at the end of next yr with our new coach whoever he may be,

especially if he is a surprise packet.

we have the players. lets see who carlton tries to snipe

i didn't say we couldn't be successful i just don't think we will be under eade

I'm disappointed that Pagan has gone to Carlton for purely monetary reasons.

It kind of makes a mockery out of terms such as "True to the Roos" "Shinboner Spirit" "Galvanising the team".

These were all terms that Pagan used frequently throughout the year.

More likey Pagan has just galvanised his wallet.

I'm not saying that Pagan hasn't done wonderful things for the club over the years. I agree with one of the callers on Whiteline Fever tonight and feel that he could have stayed on to help the club through it's current woes.

I look forward to next year and hope that the players stay on board with who ever is given the senior coaching job.

I also feel a little bit sorry for the kid that Denis lied to at training.

pagans decision was a business decision no he was just being damn lazy cos he didnt want to do the promotional work, i will only start to get angry if he starts to raise his football presence in the media next yr, just remember denis the richer the club the more fickle the supporters and board

you would think that all the players that have played less than 30 games would be excited as they may get more gametime.

Originally posted by kangaanth

As for eade he had 110% at sydney and the best facilities and he still got sacked how will he go at north? i think the only thing eade could get us would be a number 1 pick in the draft.
I tend to agree with this although Eade did make it to the 96 grand final. Since then Sydney has looked like they had the goods but never delivered. This is something that the coach must be responsible for.
In comparison North looked to be gone but yet still made the finals. I think Pagan will go down as one of the great coaches.

So I don't want Eade and I also think that Wallace has been very disappointing. He has been at Footscray long enough to build a very good team but really after having a sniff has fallen back yet again.
Both Eade and Wallace are better match day coaches then Pagan in my opinion but they must struggle to get thier players to play above expectations. This is where Pagan excelled. During the week there isn't a better coach it was just on match day that he got killed. Pitty he wouldn't listen more to his assistants then who knows how many games we would have won.

I hope we stick with Hamilton. He should know Pagans great strengths and know where he failed on match days.
If it's Hammo then the future is bright. If it's Eade or Wallace then I'm a little worried.
Can you imagine North playing the pin point pass gameplan??????
How many goals would we lose by??????????????????????

that is a good point that the youngsters will get their run now and i hope it eventuates!

Sad to see Pagan go as he was a very friendly man on the times i had met him and seen him interacting with the fans at training but i'm sure the rest of the place won't change just coz he's left.

Can't stand the thought of Eade, Plough i like and there's one i get quite mad about when i think how he is no longer coaching a senior AFL side and that is Stan Alves :(

Originally posted by tashibatts
Unlike yourself.. I think we would be heading down the wrong path if we got Eade or Wallace..

Go Roos

Well I don't know any other way to say it so I'll just say....

....."I HATE F***ING EADE"

I remember the sh** him and Kelly gave North and all our supporters when we wanted to play in Sydney. Normal coaches don't get involved in dirty politics, but eade did, and I have never forgotten.

There are plenty of young guns waiting for a chance. Personally I would love to see Roos down here. Another ex coach I thought was great at Fitzroy was Shaw. His comments on TF last night comfirmed he is dying to get back in charge. Although his time at the Crows was poor, that was just a stage of their developement.
Shawa good..real good.

But again..."I HATE F****ing Eade"

:mad:

Shinboner spirit - better than Eade!

Originally posted by Shinboners
Yep, another bloody thread on Pagan. Goodbye Denis, thanks for the flags, good luck at Carlton although that doesn't mean I want you to win a flag for that mob.

Onto us. Pagan is not North Melbourne and North Melbourne isn't Pagan. The club is us, the staff that run the place, and our players. We know that we've got some of the best fans around. We know that our administrators won't be held to ransom, and I reckon that as long as our coach is one of Hamilton, Wallace, or Eade, I reckon the players will be in good hands. We've got a tough as nuts on field leadership team in Stevens and Archer, and we've got a good mix of youth and experience.

For years under Pagan, we've played the percentages - bomb the ball forward, win the contest, crumb it if you can. 4 points if it works, a 50 point loss if it doesn't. So it's great for our win-loss ratio, not so great for seeing us belt oppositions. When was the last time we saw our team go out and belt someone by 15 goals or more?

We've sat back and seen Pagan tactically outdone by other coaches - as Carlos pointed out, Eade picked apart Pagan's game plan in five minutes during the Swans vs Roos game and predicted the result.

With the right coach, can you imagine what will happen if the likes of the Motlops, Pickett, Harding, and co are encouraged to attack and pass the ball? If the players are allowed to forget the percentages for the moment and encouraged to follow their instincts? We know we've got some talented footballers, and we know we've got some enforcers.

Pagan is a great coach and I will be forever thankful to him for what he's done for the Roos. But compare the '93 Roos to the recent version, and with less talent, we've become a grinding team. Even the '99 premiership team was more about heart and grit than the '96 team which went in for the kill.

Pure Gold Shinners brilliant stuff.

As well as playing youngsters, our new coach (which better be someone new, couldnt take a Wallace or Eade) may just get rid of the Rawlings, Claytons and Cochranes.

Wouldnt expect finals for a couple of years, but the future looks exciting.

Originally posted by Redd

Well I don't know any other way to say it so I'll just say....

....."I HATE F***ING EADE"

I remember the sh** him and Kelly gave North and all our supporters when we wanted to play in Sydney. Normal coaches don't get involved in dirty politics, but eade did, and I have never forgotten.

Hmm...a coach that's willing to rattle cages, get stuck into the opposition and build up the us vs them paranoia that we thrive on. Just what we need.

I'd put that down as a positive for Eade.

Originally posted by Angus1

I tend to agree with this although Eade did make it to the 96 grand final. Since then Sydney has looked like they had the goods but never delivered. This is something that the coach must be responsible for.

I took the opposite view...I never thought that the Swans looked to have the goods. And I got the idea that Eade was under pressure to give them instant success - hence all that trading for older players.

In comparison North looked to be gone but yet still made the finals. I think Pagan will go down as one of the great coaches.

Yep.

So I don't want Eade and I also think that Wallace has been very disappointing. He has been at Footscray long enough to build a very good team but really after having a sniff has fallen back yet again.

I rate Wallace on his work in 97/98 when he took a very ordinary Dogs list to two Preliminary Finals. What blots his copybook is that he should've taken them to the '97 Grand Final. The question mark over Wallace is his comments about working under the salary cap restrictions - he'd be under the same restrictions with us, so that would seem to rule him out.

I hope we stick with Hamilton. He should know Pagans great strengths and know where he failed on match days.
If it's Hammo then the future is bright. If it's Eade or Wallace then I'm a little worried.

As I posted earlier, I'd be happy with any of these three.

Can you imagine North playing the pin point pass gameplan??????
How many goals would we lose by??????????????????????

That's assuming that a new coach can't teach the team to pass the ball properly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodbye Denis, hello future

Remove this Banner Ad

Back