Goodbye DJ :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloydy!

Team Captain
Sep 14, 2003
Certainly will miss your stability... it shoulda been Bolts instead of you, good luck

r10g15.jpg

r4g7.jpg

and the debut

jaco99-2.jpg

Jacobs was expendable. He's good in the back half, but he struggles anywhere else. Bolts was more valuable to us because of his versatility, even though he's not as good a key defender as Jacobs.

This isnt a thread to say if he was expendible or not, its just to thank a guy that did his best for the club everytime he played for the black and red.

Originally posted by Lloydy!
This isnt a thread to say if he was expendible or not, its just to thank a guy that did his best for the club everytime he played for the black and red.

You said that Bolton should have gone instead of Jacobs. ;)

It is sad to see him go. He was one of our best in the 2001 GF, and has been a solid part of our backline in the past two years. His game on Anzac day this year stands out in my mind. Unorthodox tactics, but he played it to perfection.

Originally posted by Lloydy!

Then it's not to say Bolts shoulda gone instead ;)

Best of luck DJ, a top bloke and most importantly a very level-headed person.

Disappointed to lose him. I would have rather lost Bolton. Bolton has a lot of pressure on his shoulders now. If the defence fails next year I will be furious and will remember every bloody person who rates Bolton ahead of Jacobs (yeah right). All the best to Jacobs on his future at the hawks. Dont really mind the hawks already but with DJ there they are my clear 2nd team. Anyway, all the best and Im glad your going to a team with a real future.

Danny was an 80's footballer playing the modern game. Didnt have the athletisism but had plenty of smarts. Saying that though we got a steal with pick 6 and alvey. Good luck DJ will be weird seeing him in a hawks guernsey but im sure he will do well for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to see him go ... but if i were offered Pick #6 and Alvey ... i would take it in an instant ....

... and thats what Essendon did.

Congratulations Dodoro and Sheeds ... great piece of trading!

One of my favourite players - always had a lot of time for him. Reading the papers though - it seems we just couldn;t match the Hawks offer.

Yet another player bought out from under us - to go with mounting list. heckin'g poachers.

Good luck Danny - boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodbye DJ :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back