Goodes - surely must go this time

Remove this Banner Ad

Over 200 uninterrupted games now;
Chorus of indignation if he gets off this time;

yeah, 2-3 sounds right

....oh, and the head high contact & carry over points. :p

Not the worst I have seen but given the current climate, no chance of a reprieve. Saints & Dees next two weeks, hmmmmm

He's a wonderful player, but his track record now highlights him as being a bit of a sniper.

He needs to be punished. The AFL can't keep falling on grenades for the Swans.

3 weeks minimum even before extra points are considered.

They will prove the initial contact was to the shoulder,nothing in it Selwood got straight up and kicked a goal.
Prediction-------- over 200 posts on this thread,all jealosy.Tunnelling will be back on the menu this week with the saints going to Sydney.
Oh dear!

Selwood is lucky he was able to get up son.

The player's ability to get up or not is irrelevant. If O'Bree didn't have blood pissing from his head and was awarded a free kick against Waters, I'm sure he could have kicked a goal too. What the hell does that matter??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will prove the initial contact was to the shoulder,nothing in it Selwood got straight up and kicked a goal.
Prediction-------- over 200 posts on this thread,all jealosy.Tunnelling will be back on the menu this week with the saints going to Sydney.

Very amusing.

Gone.

I put this in the gameday thread but I'll put in again here before it turns in another 100 page diatribe.

What pisses me is the sort of protection afforded to Kerr. The umpires mikes picked up on the telecast comments to the effect of "keep an eye on Jack at the back of the stoppages", a clear reference to Jack's tag on Kerr. Surprise surprise Kerr picks up a shit load of cheap frees around the stoppages, no problem with that if the tag is holding, BUT,

Yet Stenglein can line up Goodes within 5 seconds of the game starting with an elbow to the head, no report, no free kick, no 100 page threads on bigfooty, NO PROTECTION for the Swans star player. I'm not surprise he was full of the angry pills after that. It's happening to him week after week and the opposition is well aware they can get away with it because the umps are keeping an eye on the Kerrs and Judds of the world and not Goodes.

Yes he's got to be able to wear it and get on with his game without resorting to retaliating like he did with Selwood but the lack of consistency give me the shits.

Carrying 70 points over I believe.

Hope he does go (Saints play them after the Doggies).

Although I wouldn't expect him to go, the AFL will come up with something.

Yes he's got to be able to wear it and get on with his game without resorting to retaliating like he did with Selwood but the lack of consistency give me the shits.
Goodes has had several suspendable reports in a row and has got zero weeks where most other players get weeks, so now you can empathise with the lack of consistency that gives us the shits.

As for Stenglein, if it was bad enough he'll get reported. O'Bree had blood pissing from his face and no free kick paid. Shit happens.

Goodes has had several suspendable reports in a row and has got zero weeks where most other players get weeks, so now you can empathise with the lack of consistency that gives us the shits.

Given he is getting no protection on the ground that's evening it up a bit in my eyes.

As for Stenglein, if it was bad enough he'll get reported.

I bet he won't and funnily enough I bet you won't see 100 pages of bleating on here about it.

Exactly.

I don' think rival supporters dislike goodes, it just frustration that he gets such a cosy deal from the tribunal when other players get their rightful cop.

Given he is getting no protection on the ground that's evening it up a bit in my eyes.

I bet he won't and funnily enough I bet you won't see 100 pages of bleating on here about it.
There can be no excuse or downplaying this incident.

It was a dog act that was avoidable and extremely intentional. It could have resulted in concussion or a serious neck injury.

Again, no excuse, no downplaying. Admit he was hitting to cause damage and that he will get weeks plus carry over.

There can be no excuse or downplaying this incident.

It was a dog act that was avoidable and extremely intentional. It could have resulted in concussion or a serious neck injury.

Again, no excuse, no downplaying. Admit he was hitting to cause damage and that he will get weeks plus carry over.

I wouldn't call it a dog act but you're right in that it's pretty hard to downplay or defend.

It would be good if the umps gave him the same level of protection offered to Kerr, Ablett and Judd but there's no need for him to resort to that crap.

It would be good if the umps gave him the same level of protection offered to Kerr, Ablett and Judd but there's no need for him to resort to that crap.
We don't have a player who gets looked after like that.

Whilst some franchise players do seemingly get looked after by the scumps, you shouldn't rely upon it! Nor does it justify a record of sniping.

I admire Goodes as a player and seems like a great person, but his record precedes him and it is now time for a firm punishment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodes - surely must go this time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back