Goodes - surely must go this time

Remove this Banner Ad

So who should have won the Brownlow in the years that Goodes won it?
when round 22 passes, there are probably at least 10 fellas in any given year who could win a brownlow.

goodes has probably been in the mix 3 or 4 years and came out with 2 brownlows.

guys like buckley, west, cousins, black, matthews, carey, lockett, ablett and so on were probably considered in the running 7 or 8 years and come out with none or 1 brownlow.

whilst he's a fantastic player i think his 2 brownlows is an over-representation of how good a player he is.

Re: Adam Goodes offered a reprimand

McGlynn hit cornes from side on. McGlynn had more intent to win the ball than goodes as he only missed the ball by a fraction because of a desperate, diving lung from cornes. To say goodes shouldnt be reported because he hit selwood from side on is stupid and totally inconsistent with previous results.

Sydney supporters should give this argument up. Its a clear case of double standards. The best thing you can say about the afl tribunal is that they are incompetent, the worst, that they are corrupt.

Before you go making sweeping statements about the tribunal it would be worth trying to find out what actual charge was submitted by the MRP to the tribunal when McGlynn fronted them.

I am not going to argue with you about whether the contact was front on or not, but the MRP findings of reckless will be seen as consistent if McGlynn was actually charged with that and found guilty.

The more you actually look at previous MRP/Tribunal decisions and actually follow the precedent they use, the more it actually shows how consistent they are applying the rules given to them, irrespective of whether you agree with them or not.

DST
:D

when round 22 passes, there are probably at least 10 fellas in any given year who could win a brownlow.

goodes has probably been in the mix 3 or 4 years and came out with 2 brownlows.

guys like buckley, west, cousins, black, matthews, carey, lockett, ablett and so on were probably considered in the running 7 or 8 years and come out with none or 1 brownlow.

whilst he's a fantastic player i think his 2 brownlows is an over-representation of how good a player he is.
I thought he was lucky in 2003. He played fantastically, but as you said, he was one of those players who probably deserved one for their year, but there was a fair chance he wouldn't get it.

But you mentioned people like Buckley, West, and co who had great seasons and were a fair chance for the brownlow in those years. Goodes' effort in 2006 was better than any of those seasons. If you'd watched every Sydney game of the season you would've realised that if he didn't win the Brownlow that year, there was a computer malfunciton or something. He was that good.

Over his career, he may have not produced quite as much consistency as someone lke Buckley, but the 2 brownlows he has represent him perfectly in my opinion - a player who, when in form, can back up his amazingly dominant performances week after week right up to the end of a season. During a season, Goodes is almost always doing better than his last week. It's just a shame he resets in the off-season.

I thought he was lucky in 2003. He played fantastically, but as you said, he was one of those players who probably deserved one for their year, but there was a fair chance he wouldn't get it.

But you mentioned people like Buckley, West, and co who had great seasons and were a fair chance for the brownlow in those years. Goodes' effort in 2006 was better than any of those seasons. If you'd watched every Sydney game of the season you would've realised that if he didn't win the Brownlow that year, there was a computer malfunciton or something. He was that good.

Over his career, he may have not produced quite as much consistency as someone lke Buckley, but the 2 brownlows he has represent him perfectly in my opinion - a player who, when in form, can back up his amazingly dominant performances week after week right up to the end of a season. During a season, Goodes is almost always doing better than his last week. It's just a shame he resets in the off-season.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodes bursting out of the pack and kicking long to Magic or Baz has be one of the great sights of footy. He'll probably collect at least one more Brownlow, though two more would be better.

Goodes bursting out of the pack and kicking long to Magic or Baz has be one of the great sights of footy. He'll probably collect at least one more Brownlow, though two more would be better.

I agree, if he continues his current form i expect him to pick up another 2 or 3 before the end of his career.

If he didn't play for the swans, i'd despise him too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodes - surely must go this time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back