Goodes

Remove this Banner Ad

Untitled2.jpg

There's no defending that.
Missed the ball by a fair way... maybe he was trying to head it in for goal? Muscle memory from his soccer playing days.

Sidebottom also had his arm tucked in.
Whats the difference? Ones isnt an AFL darling

One was also a blatant breach of the rules. The other was a contest.

the balls location is slightly different in the two cases dont you reckon?

i thought he was lucky not to cop a week reduced to off by pleading guilty by letter of the law, but not more than harvey or hocking

stevie j was stiff

ill ignore the goodes rubbish about him being protected, put it aside

there are inconsistencies in this MRP, no denying that
Doesn't the location of the ball determine negligent, reckless or intentional? Not 100% sure about that but I know for a fact impact is low, medium or high irregardless of the position of the ball, and that's the fact that many of us don't understand.

You are not seriously comparing a guy running off the wing to jump and elbow a player to the head are you?

Both incidents had similarities. With the amount inconsistency shown by the MRP thus far, it wouldn't have surprised me if both were graded the same - in face at least Weller had the ball - Sidebottom was just stupid by electing to bump and leave the ground. Goodes just leapt up and collected Selwood - I don't think he had a realistic opportunity to get to the ball at all.

Personal

Speaks the person who states the MRP is corrupt with no clear evidence that be laughed at in the courtroom :rolleyes:
You have a problem with personal? Sorry I dont accept people putting words in my mouth. Especially those who I consider a good bloke. And also has nothing to do with you so, zip it.
The MRp is a joke. Can you quote where I said they are corrupt?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SM please explain to me what sidebottom did was any different to Goodes.
Humour me.

He sprinted in from the wing, jumped, and clipped the Saints player, who was so badly injured he was immediately subbed.

Goodes and Selwood leapt for the ball, Goodes hit late because Selwood tapped the ball away, and Selwood didn't even leave the ground.

So clearly you'll be happy for Goodes to cop the same hit to the head next week then? And you'll just sit back and say 'ooo great contest!'?

If it was similar circumstances? Sure why not?

He sprinted in from the wing, jumped, and clipped the Saints player, who was so badly injured he was immediately subbed.

Goodes and Selwood leapt for the ball, Goodes hit late because Selwood tapped the ball away, and Selwood didn't even leave the ground.
The bolded is the ONLY difference and the reason why one person is having a 4 week holiday. As Ive said before FAR too much emphasis is on the end result and not the act itself.

Sidebottom also had his arm tucked in.
Whats the difference? Ones isnt an AFL darling
Wow. Let me point this out again. One ran from 20 metres away with the sole intent to jump and hit a guy in the head. The other jumps as the ball is hit away and clips a guy high. One player was falling to the ground without control of his body while the other apparently was so rattled he shook his head momentarily before playing on. One player got subbed off while the other didn't even leave the field of play. Yeah, no difference at all. :rolleyes:

The bolded is the ONLY difference and the reason why one person is having a 4 week holiday. As Ive said before FAR too much emphasis is on the end result and not the act itself.

Take it up with the panel then.

my boy steele deserved his 3 weeks thats about right, so when I read that I thought ah ok so goodes probably 1-2... he got cleared. My god I'm sorry but he deserved at least 1 maybe 2, angle child 'aussie of the year' what a surprise.

afl looking out for sydney and their players whats new ?

Bulldogs whinging about the state of the game, what's new. Like Chairman like supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back