gothics

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Mog
Hate to sound old, but damn near all the kiddies you see wndering the streets all gothed up these days are pale little imitators compared to the real deal of the 80's before they all died of herion overdoses... Cradle of Filth my arse.
hmmm
But then again more goth than thou arguments have been going on for years.

As have the 'I'm more true BM than you...' arguments too.
;)

Frequented many a goth club in my heyday, even though I wasn't really a goth (more into metal etc).

Funny thing was, most of the full on goths I knew were hilarious. Very dark etc, but with a wicked sense of humour, and loved a drink/pill.

The hardcore BM crowd, now some of them were a little too serious...
;)

Originally posted by Inferno_03
That may have been the case back in your day, but it isn't now. So stop raving on like you know about it all.
Err, please tell me what's normal about being a goth? Sorry, but goths are just laughable. A bunch of losers.

It had nothing to do with abnormality, I was saying that all goths, and most aren't a 'bunch of mixed-up dork teenagers who can't fight'.

They just have a different out take on life then 'original' people have.

Must admit that the show 'Goths' I saw on UKTV last week had me on the floor in stitches.

It stars the skinny guy Gareth from 'The Office', and is basically a HUUUGE ****take on the whole scene, and the 'seriousness' required to be a real goth.
heckin'g hilarious.

I only saw the one episode (I don't have cable at my house), so I'm not sure if it's a proper series, or just a one off.
Anyone else seen it?

"We're industrialists actually..."
:D

There's been a fair bit of generalisation of gothics in this thread ... they're really not all geeks who cant fight etc. The goths I'm friends wiht are hilarious and only really smoke and drink booze, although weed is smoked everynow and then. Also, they don't have the same old hard looking face, they like to have a laugh in public (even if it is sometimes at other people, heh).

Originally posted by bunsen burner
But didn't you notice back in the 80s that only nerds who wanted to rebel turned to Goth? All the misfits who couldn't fit in anywhere else and needed an outlet turned to goth. We had a number of goths at my school and they were all nerds.
It's the ever so superior bullies in society like you that they're trying to cut away from. So they might not fit your standards but would you last one day in their neck of the woods!

Originally posted by Spidergirl~RiCkChiCk
It's the ever so superior bullies in society like you that they're trying to cut away from.
Not me, but others.

So they might not fit your standards
Sorry, but people who cruise around all in black, often wearinf capes, with their faces painted white don't fit into many people's standards. You seem to forget that this is their whole point.

but would you last one day in their neck of the woods!
Firstly, not my scene. Secondly, can mix it socially with any group if I need to, and thirdly, I reckon you'd only have to take one down and they'd go running home to mumsy.

Originally posted by de_LICA_ish18

His wedding was weird, they got married in this old church and exchanged celtic rings. He was kind of dressed like drakula but she wore a white dress and only had her hair done to look like the drakula era.

Heh, that sounds quite amusing. The groom all dressed up as count dracula.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by de_LICA_ish18
My brother is a goth, although he wouldn' t call himself that, he just thinks he's a vampire.

He has long dyed black hair. In his bedroom he had a couple of coffins, bats and dolls heads everywhere. These also doubled as props for his dark heavy metal band that he is a lead singer of.

He also had false fangs made, which he wears all of the time.

He got married about 2 years ago to a girl who is also a goth but not so weird. So now his life is a little bit more normal. Not sure if he still has the coffins.

His wedding was weird, they got married in this old church and exchanged celtic rings. He was kind of dressed like drakula but she wore a white dress and only had her hair done to look like the drakula era.

They also had some weird dragon kind of thing on their wedding cake.

My relatives were scared to be there.

No offence but your brothers either a couple short of a full deck or a big time attention seeker

One of my best friends is a goth. When she moved down to Melb she got really into it, I was taken aback to see her when she came back to our town with black icicles drawn under her eyes along with the back lipstick, clothes and choice piercings.

I could see a few of the townspeople cross the street when we went into town :p

She was all into the whole Wicca scene for a while too. A night out with her was never dull :D

Goth chicks are wicked in bed.

I hope my missus does not see this, I get a little tired of explaining what I got up to 5 yrs before we met

All the goths ive met have been nice friendly people, very easy to get along with and very easy to talk to.

Went out with one for 3 months back in 2001 and that was good fun.

I'm not a Goth, I don't like the whole Goth schtick, but I'd rather be one of them than one of those little Basketball clothe wearing, baggy pant, undone runners, bling bling wearing, hat on backwards, yo beyotch wassup, RnB listening, I wannbe an American wannbes.
Thos little dorks give me the irrates.
Don't you just want to slap one over the back of the head and say "Pull up your damned pants PUNK!"

AMAZING.

Remove this Banner Ad

gothics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back