Goths

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by MonkeyButterer
Goths are intimidating? Aneamic, annoying and amusing are words i'd use before "intimidating".
I was thinking outcasts trying to be cool. All they achieve is advertising the fact that they are outcasts.

Originally posted by Ted Pellitts
put her in a group of her gothic friends, put them at flinders street station, and put it at 11pm, and i don't care how nice you are. they're intimidating.
You get intimidated by nerds? Goth is like punk for nerds.

I've had very little to do with them.. . the few I've met were friendly, cheerful and kinky, so those lasses were fine. But some of my friends who've had a lot more to do with them universally say "Love the clothes, can't stand the people."

I mean, on so many levels, they really are wnakers. But by and large, they're no harm to anyone, so let it be. They go to an effort to look good, or look something, so good on em if that's what they're into. It's not my prefered aesthetic, but same goes for lots of different cultures and sub-cultures out there.

But what I can't stand for is their generalised trend of taking themselves deadly ;) serious! And their maudlin self-pitying angle...just ruins it for the genuinely depressed who aren't into the uniform.

But you know, it's the same as any visually-distinct subculture - if you aren't a part of it, you figure they're all ****ers, and if you are a part of it, it seems wonderful, (or miserable, if that's your preference.)

Face it, nothing could be more goth than a corpse.

lmao! that was classic.

i got nothing against goths...ppl call me a goth (im not actually).

and any big group of ppl is intimidating at 11pm...or maybe thats just me. *is a wuss*

also...real goths...like real dedicated proper goths...don't have peircings. cept' maybe ears.

Leave 'em be. They probably look at people who live in suburbia and wear surf gear as being just as irrelevant (PS - I've noticed that outer suburbs, and immediately outlying rural towns have a greater tendency for this. Last time I noticed, Sunbury did not have a beach).

I keep getting told I'm stuck in 1987. Who cares? Wear what you like, and let others wear what they like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm more scared of that subculture what is 19-26 yo's wearing a cap while agressively driving an early 90's commodore with mags. Surely there must be a general name for these guys, I see a lot more of them than i do goths. They're not really stuey's nor rev-heads, not really wogs or bogans...I dunno. But at least they won't read poetry at me.

Originally posted by lenny&carl
I'm more scared of that subculture what is 19-26 yo's wearing a cap while agressively driving an early 90's commodore with mags. Surely there must be a general name for these guys, I see a lot more of them than i do goths. They're not really stuey's nor rev-heads, not really wogs or bogans...I dunno. But at least they won't read poetry at me.

Just w-ankers. How some of these blokes hold on to their licences for more than a month amazes me.

I used to go out with one, and I even wore the make-up once, but it's more about dressing up than 'being intimidating' and 'trying to be cool'. Abyss was a goth night I used to go to here in Melbourne, and each Friday night was like a fashion parade. Some people would come wearing something different every week that they'd made themselves.

A helluva lot more original and fun and interesting than dressing like everyone else and trying to be 'main-stream'.

And then there's the music. I love Nick Cave, Depeche Mode, PWEI, pIL, Nine Inch Nails, The Cure and The Smiths.

It's about music and clothes, and anyone who thinks it's about anything more is deluded. And normal goths aren't violent to anyone but themselves...

Originally posted by lenny&carl

Scum?

Originally posted by NMWBloods
Lots of goth girls are actually quite attractive... or maybe I am deluded...

There only seem to be two types of goth girls; fat ones and skinny ones. But they can look pretty good. I was a fringe goth type in my youth for a while, but too many of the real ones were dying of drug overdoses or getting jobs and having to wear suits for me to really get into it. I do like the music still, which isn't Evanescence or Marilyn Manson...

Re: Re: Goths

Originally posted by Uncle Steve
Tossers. If they were serious, they'd each commit suicide. Face it, nothing could be more goth than a corpse.

plagiarism

Re: Re: Re: Goths

Originally posted by Ted Pellitts
plagiarism
:confused: not to my knowledge - though I don't discount the possibility that I read it somewhere a long time ago, unconsciously storing it deep within the bowels of my own psyche, for it to surface at this moment.

You will of course provide us with the original source.

Nothing Sexier than a Brunette dressed in Black. Ripped fishnet stockings, tight, low cut top, short leather shorts... mmmm very nice.

Love Goths. Weird, "slightly" eskew sense of reality, but very funny to talk to... once they realise you not dishing on them.

I'm more scared of that subculture what is 19-26 yo's wearing a cap while agressively driving an early 90's commodore with mags.

exhibit A:

weird432.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Goths

Remove this Banner Ad

Back