Goulburn Valley FL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boys i wouldn't get too carried away with Cairns form. Barnett kicked 126 last year and Eagle a ton too. A huge gap from that league to GVFL. Matt Walsh has kicked 100's in the last few seasons also, and he certainly isn't a star. Many say the standard is above KDFL and below Murray league. Best to hold judgement for a few rounds. What is it they say about March champions?

Got to say well said to Puta and Euroa Footy Club. I know this has come full circle from a few years ago but if Euroa are to survive in GV footy long term they need to have locals playing and develop youth. If they could get 3-4 experienced players they would be competitive along side the younger kids.

If all clubs had a similar philosophy dollars wouldnt be the lynch pin in securing good quality players. You would have them developing without expectation.

Michael Barlow (Freo) and Relton Roberts (Richmond), have both been elevated onto the main list at their respective clubs. Great effort from both to make it after not taking the TAC Cup path and getting drafted as teenagers.

Here here. Barlow will play more than he misses this year and Roberts will also get his chance. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

You might find alot more eyes are on younger players in the GV over the next 2 years as additional talent has to come from somewhere for GC17 and GWS.

Also great to be able to show younger blokes that miss the draft / rookie list initially its not all over and you can work and achieve from outside the "normal" system.

Ditto Doona

Are how refreshing to hear the TAC comp isn't the be all to end all.

Maybe some of those overpaid recruiting officers should have another good look around the countryside instead of going overseas.

And while I think of it great to see a footballer (supposedly too small) in Harbrow(rookie list also?) dominate a game when a lot of "knowledgable" persons are still trying to teach atheletes, rugby players, basketballers etc to play Aussie rules.

And I won't get started on that other bullsh!t idea of another waste of our money in Dubbo East or West Sydney or wherever.

Couldnt agree more Sparra :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: How many of those 'project' players actually make it??

Boys i wouldn't get too carried away with Cairns form. Barnett kicked 126 last year and Eagle a ton too. A huge gap from that league to GVFL. Matt Walsh has kicked 100's in the last few seasons also, and he certainly isn't a star. Many say the standard is above KDFL and below Murray league. Best to hold judgement for a few rounds. What is it they say about March champions?

I think you will find that Eagle played in the QAFL last year and kicked 80 odd goals from 10-12 games. That form line suggests that he will be a very handy player this year as that league is widely regarded as being a pretty handy standard.

Got to say well said to Puta and Euroa Footy Club. I know this has come full circle from a few years ago but if Euroa are to survive in GV footy long term they need to have locals playing and develop youth. If they could get 3-4 experienced players they would be competitive along side the younger kids.

If all clubs had a similar philosophy dollars wouldnt be the lynch pin in securing good quality players. You would have them developing without expectation.

Hey GG, Footy Show's on tonight. Your place or mine?
Ha ha.
Remember the days?

To any Melbourne based players.....

Anyone who is currently living/working in melbourne, playing in the Gv/ O&M etc etc and need a venue or a group to train with, please PM me with your details.

Anyone is welcome.

Cheers

I take your point about March champions, but I reckon you're a bit off the mark by saying there's a 'huge gap' between that comp and the GV.. I also reckon you're being harsh on Matt Walsh - before he went up there he wasn't a star, but if he came back now he'd dominate GV, incredibly athletic and a great kick for goal..

MJ42 made a good point about Eagle and the QAFL.. Really strong league, there would be a bigger gap between that and GV than there is between the cairns league and the GV..

Just watched a few minutes of Benalla v Cor-R/Glen....Benalla up by 4 gls early in the last 1/4......All credit to the the KIDS from Benalla, ran hard, carried the footy and used it well...:thumbsu:

swans could have 3 blokes potentially kick 200 goals beetween them yze yaman robertson. they will be very hard to stop all so dynamic and quick will be amazing to watch this year. from what i gather yze out of the square with robertson and yaman given licenses to do what they want. both played very well today for the swans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

swans could have 3 blokes potentially kick 200 goals beetween them yze yaman robertson. they will be very hard to stop all so dynamic and quick will be amazing to watch this year. from what i gather yze out of the square with robertson and yaman given licenses to do what they want. both played very well today for the swans

One problem! All the pressure is on Meka to deliver. Every loss, every bad performance form the Melbourne Swans will be scrutinised. What if they make the Grand final undefeated and get rolled? Where do the locals play? Who cares? Its all about Meka and Robbo! You've hit the nail on the head;yze out of the square with robertson and yaman given licenses to do what they want. Thats the whole problem!!!!!! Blokes at the swans doing what THEY want. I hope Perry can deliver a flag otherwise the wolves will be circling . :eek:

One problem! All the pressure is on Meka to deliver. Every loss, every bad performance form the Melbourne Swans will be scrutinised. What if they make the Grand final undefeated and get rolled? Where do the locals play? Who cares? Its all about Meka and Robbo! You've hit the nail on the head;yze out of the square with robertson and yaman given licenses to do what they want. Thats the whole problem!!!!!! Blokes at the swans doing what THEY want. I hope Perry can deliver a flag otherwise the wolves will be circling . :eek:
And they'll have more than enuff to eat!!:eek:

well if you had that quality in your forward line wouldn't u tell them to just go out there and do there thing be creative score goals create goals

well if you had that quality in your forward line wouldn't u tell them to just go out there and do there thing be creative score goals create goals

The Swans nobody can go past them hand it to them now if woey has signed aswel how can they be beat???????????????

No way that QAFL is that far ahead of GV, I played both and both are good but GV much tougher. They are about the same I reckon. Does anyone know if nipper harvey is coaching anywhere this year?

I remember him telling me once that he made one of the teams he coached, can't remember which one sorry, train in their jocks after being beaten......Wonder if that will happen this season.......

Interesting listening to Russ Robertson being interviewed on radio this morning. He confirmerd that Woewoedin will pull the boots on for some games for Shepp Swans this season

will play 6 games for shep swans he is in melb for his Afl coaching course for 3 months during the year.

Just watched a few minutes of Benalla v Cor-R/Glen....Benalla up by 4 gls early in the last 1/4......All credit to the the KIDS from Benalla, ran hard, carried the footy and used it well...:thumbsu:

Agree, Benalla kids played really well when they got used to pace of game, never took a backward step, hard at ball & body.

May get some horrible beatings during the course of the year, but every side that plays them will know they have been in a game.

If can stay injury free will surprise a few.

The Swans nobody can go past them hand it to them now if woey has signed aswel how can they be beat???????????????

Well on our performance yesterday boofaaaa,the mighty lions can take it right up to them, we looked super the way we moved the ball yesterday from end to end, and we only got beat by 14 goals in the end to East Burwood. :D:D

No way that QAFL is that far ahead of GV, I played both and both are good but GV much tougher. They are about the same I reckon. Does anyone know if nipper harvey is coaching anywhere this year?
qafl now called qld. state league division 1 probably a tad better than gv. but cairns league much under estimated. the cairns league beat the rest of country qld. including 5 players from div. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back