Goulburn Valley FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha nice attempt at deflecting the heat Burp. All the pressure on the world is on Henderson and Echuca this week. The most star studded list the comp has seen in years is at risk of going out in strait sets. They should be far too good for a young Ky side but stranger things have happened.

Good try connors....trying to hide behind the "young" tag is a cop out. You beat Rochy with the young guys. Echuca have just a young a team as Ky so let go of yourself. Dirty walking a tight rope of underacheiving over the last three years, pressure on Ky i would say.

Redback you should be a coach !!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Good try connors....trying to hide behind the "young" tag is a cop out. You beat Rochy with the young guys. Echuca have just a young a team as Ky so let go of yourself. Dirty walking a tight rope of underacheiving over the last three years, pressure on Ky i would say.

Not going to carry on but watched Ky and Rochy and if Ky are deemed "young" Rochy awaiting to get out of nappies. 10 players under 21.
Ky are underdogs to beat Echuca, just look at ladder position. Was impressed with how good Newman was with his hands although go to him nearly every time. In isolation is he the best 1 on 1 player in the league?

Not using it as an excuse at all, they lost a lot of experience and class from last year and IMO opinion the year has been a success. To say there is more pressure on ky and dirty this week is pretty laughable really. Echuca have been and deserve to be flag favourites all year. I would suggest the pressure is firmly on echuca. Alot of time and money has gone into putting that team together so you would surely expect to at least make the granny.

Not using it as an excuse at all, they lost a lot of experience and class from last year and IMO opinion the year has been a success. To say there is more pressure on ky and dirty this week is pretty laughable really. Echuca have been and deserve to be flag favourites all year. I would suggest the pressure is firmly on echuca. Alot of time and money has gone into putting that team together so you would surely expect to at least make granny.

Off field pressure is overrated- When the ball is bounced thats when pressure counts. Apart from Pettifer who else has Kyabram lost? Still have Newmans,Withers, Seddon(a lot a lot a lot of money for those two)Vick, Beck, Kelf, Morgan,Atkins and Barnett. Not much difference from last year IMO.

Off field pressure is overrated- When the ball is bounced thats when pressure counts. Apart from Pettifer who else has Kyabram lost? Still have Newmans,Withers, Seddon(a lot a lot a lot of money for those two)Vick, Beck, Kelf, Morgan,Atkins and Barnett. Not much difference from last year IMO.

Pettifer, Beattie, Adamson, Both Lintons thats atleast 4 top line players they lost, so they have lost alot of quality in key positions!

Apparently a couple people wearing Tatura Bulldogs attire were sharing a coffee with a certain Andrew Lovett and 3 mates in Richmond on the weekend. Would be an exciting prospect for the GV.
He played for fitzroy stars in the Northern football league division 2, and was very average at best. Only ended up playing a handful of games and certainly wasn't dominating in Div 2. Cant see him doing much, in a power league like the GVFL.

Apparently a couple people wearing Tatura Bulldogs attire were sharing a coffee with a certain Andrew Lovett and 3 mates in Richmond on the weekend. Would be an exciting prospect for the GV.

You sure it was Tatura, they played saturday at Euroa and sunday at Deakin,:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Was impressed with how good Newman was with his hands although go to him nearly every time. In isolation is he the best 1 on 1 player in the league?

Agree, he was very good on Saturday any time the ball was within range.

A few times you would have thought his opponent could get a fist on but he protects the ball so well and is very strong with his hands.

If he's not the best one out in the league he would come a very close second.

Can anyone shed some light on the playing career of Trent Kelly, 21year old from Shepp.
He says he played juniors for Shepp Swans before moving into the one's, played for the Murray Bushrangers, trained with Collingwood before being cut down with injury, but finished playing in a grand final for Undera.
He didn't play footy this year and looks a bit out shape.

Not sure about the andy lovett situation but can tell u that Tat have definately signed & recently retired AFL player! Prob not new news 2 most anyway?

i see Echuca has advertised the main job. I hear Michael Braun might have thrown his hat in the ring. Any truth

No truth at all! I would imagine they would go with the current coach if he wants the gig, after all they can still win the flag this year. If they get rolled by Kyabram on Saturday that might change but I doubt it. Also the club is advertising all positions so I don't think its got anything to do with the head coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im glad Tatura are out of the finals im so sick of reading Steve Daniels in the Shepp News saying how rapt he is with there season and that he is happy to just be competitive...Talk about taking the pressure of himself!!! Tatura reminds me of St Kilda the end or a era...Kirby, Wellington, Little, cosgrif, Trewin, Browning etc they are past it now have been great players for the club Kirby and Wellington more so but they will have to go thru a massive rebuilding stage to get them back to the top. Id hate to see Daniels just throw the money out there and recruit players to kick locals out but i think he may!!! Looking fwd to the games this weekend

My Tips:
Ky 17 Points
United 36 Points

Also have a feeling unless Echuca win the Flag henderson is GAWN :D

Im glad Tatura are out of the finals im so sick of reading Steve Daniels in the Shepp News saying how rapt he is with there season and that he is happy to just be competitive...Talk about taking the pressure of himself!!! Tatura reminds me of St Kilda the end or a era...Kirby, Wellington, Little, cosgrif, Trewin, Browning etc they are past it now have been great players for the club Kirby and Wellington more so but they will have to go thru a massive rebuilding stage to get them back to the top. Id hate to see Daniels just throw the money out there and recruit players to kick locals out but i think he may!!! Looking fwd to the games this weekend

My Tips:
Ky 17 Points
United 36 Points

Mate looking at your past posts all you do is take pot shots at coaches-Haberman, Daniels and now Henderson. I see that you are also an Echuca supporter and you talked about them winning a flag earlier in the year! Henderson has rebuilt a club after it had a crisis meeting. Its up to his players now and if they win this week they are every chance to win a flag. You are pathetic

My Tips:
Ky 17 Points
United 36 Points

Cosgriff and Browning Past it? I think that Ben is 25 and Andrew is 24, long way from past it Bud.

Cosgrif has had a shocking year mate his body is like a 39 year olds, his finished and for a highly paid player im sure they could spend there cash better...Hopefully he proves me wrong. End of a era no harm in that just need to rebuild thats all!!!

Lane Dog: wasnt potting henderson mate i think there a massive chance to win the flag im just stating my opionion that if they dont win the flag there would be pressure on Henderson and i actually think if they dont win it there will be a new Echuca coach, im sure his a good fella!

Cosgrif has had a shocking year mate his body is like a 39 year olds, his finished and for a highly paid player im sure they could spend there cash better...Hopefully he proves me wrong. End of a era no harm in that just need to rebuild thats all!!!

Lane Dog: wasnt potting henderson mate i think there a massive chance to win the flag im just stating my opionion that if they dont win the flag there would be pressure on Henderson and i actually think if they dont win it there will be a new Echuca coach, im sure his a good fella!

So if they lose a granny by a point they'd get a new coach?? Has been the most successful coach since 2003!!! Its got nothing to do if he's a good fella or not! Its weather he can coach and IMO he can! Last year they lost 3 guns in the finals and lost by 4 points last week-Spare me! :eek:

P.s United won the flag last year, hardly got the wood over them son

United have lost 6 games in two years- Echuca/Henderson have the best record with three wins and a 4 pt loss. THEY DIDN'T play each other in the finals last year! Its a better record than every other side and if echuca get through watch out!

Last two years United have one flag Echuca Zero...i know what record i would want...All i said was if Echuca dont win flag there will be a new coach at Echuca, i actually think they are the best side on paper but that doesnt mean much if they dont win it, i do though think last weeks loss to united would have flattnd them after being in control all day, mentally that would kill them and i think Ky are just rolling along nicely at the right time and they beat Echuca not long ago...
Strong rumour around the traps also is that Shaun Huy is coaching Cohuna next year...

Watch this space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back