Goulburn Valley FL - 2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the go with Weeks? Question?- What's the go with Rochester.

Is he injured? Answer- Yep, should he be playing, no.

Is he down on form? Yep, because beyond doubt he is an out and out star.

Are his teammates not as good as he is use to?

No doubt about it, as painful as it is probably is for many on this thread to concede, the Square side of the past four years (and all of a sudden they are looking pretty good this year too with 4-5 fairly handy fellas to still come in) would have no peer in the GVFL. Look at pre-season games, and look at results, several of these games have been anything but practice matches. Ask Shep United what they think of Square as a football side. Everyone seems to hang their hat on Vic Country reps as a strength, due diligence will show that more players have represented the Vic Country State side, from square than all other clubs by a big margin.
Very obvious after seeing Rochy first hand several times that the system, and game patterns to get maximum advantage out of him are like comparing apples with oranges in relation to his performance this year compared to his time at Square. Delivery from his Square players up field, game plan, driven team ethos and disciplines combined with co-operation from other forwards was always first class, sadly not the case at the Tigers.

Is the standard better than he is use to?
GV at club land is deeper down through the ladder, but cannot buy that one in relation to top sides and top players from both comps. Many will argue this, but the top sides like Gisborne and Square and some of Eaglehawk sides would perform more than admirably against the top GV sides. He has performed against some very well recognised players and teams in his tenure at Square and at representative level.

Or is he just not as good as I thought he would be as going by all reports He should be bagging 6-10 each week

The fella can play big time, its akin to throwing the keys of a Ferrari, to a novice not having the skills to drive the thing. Never gets maximum performance out of it. He is humble and would never wish to have anyone make excuses for him, just merely stating opinion, as it irks me that people are quick to question his ability.
Not trying to be smarty pants in comparing GV and Bendigo comps either, really enjoy GV when get chance to watch it, great atmosphere, but truly the Bendigo is not the sheltered workshop that many seem to think it is. And lets face it, it does not really matter as long as both comps continue to provide the structure for players to play and people to follow.

the question being asked about Weeks comes back to one thing IMO which is the size of the grounds.
Playing BFL at Square you are the target as soon as you have possession in the middle of the ground. Playing at Rochy and GV you are 1 and a half kicks away at FF and the ground sizes are bigger. Weeks need to hold his lead longer before he bolts but at present is finding himself up the ground 5 metres in the clear and not being kicked to as you would expect as it becomes a short kick.
GV grounds on average bigger and wider than BFL. QEO and Strath the exception.

The Ky v Swans game this week sees Ky pretty much at full strength, assuming Newman plays. Me thinks there are going to be some disappointed Ky players who were in the team that downed United. To come in this week... Sheldon, Reeves, Edwards, Emmett all returning from injury or unavailability, Beck and Clark from Bendigo Gold and throw in the Holman boys when not on Bushies duty and it is hard to see who would miss out.
Dirty has been quoted as saying that this is the best list he has coached over 22 years, hard to disagree when the side has won 9 on the trot and brings in this talent.
I would hate to be a selector picking the side this week and dropping 6/8 players from a side that beat united by 5 goals!!

The Ky v Swans game this week sees Ky pretty much at full strength, assuming Newman plays. Me thinks there are going to be some disappointed Ky players who were in the team that downed United. To come in this week... Sheldon, Reeves, Edwards, Emmett all returning from injury or unavailability, Beck and Clark from Bendigo Gold and throw in the Holman boys when not on Bushies duty and it is hard to see who would miss out.
Dirty has been quoted as saying that this is the best list he has coached over 22 years, hard to disagree when the side has won 9 on the trot and brings in this talent.
I would hate to be a selector picking the side this week and dropping 6/8 players from a side that beat united by 5 goals!!

What odds are Ky the flag at present? anyone know?

What odds are Ky the flag at present? anyone know?
To Win The Flag (Sportsbet)

Tatura 2.35
Kyabram 2.90
Shepparton United 5.50
Benalla 6.00
Rochester 11.00
Mooroopna 13.00
Shepparton Swans 15.00
Seymour 21.00
Euroa 67.00
Mansfield 67.00
Echuca 101.00
Shepparton 151.00

To Win The Flag (Sportsbet)

Tatura 2.35
Kyabram 2.90
Shepparton United 5.50
Benalla 6.00
Rochester 11.00
Mooroopna 13.00
Shepparton Swans 15.00
Seymour 21.00
Euroa 67.00
Mansfield 67.00
Echuca 101.00
Shepparton 151.00

Cheers

Thoroughly enjoying the Seymour Telegraph's (written by Chalpat Sonti) take on Saturday's game;

"For a vastly different Seymour to the team that thrashed the pitiful Tigers in a semi-final last October again ruthlessly exposed Rochester as flat-track bullies with little heart."

"Weeks left Kings Park with his footballing reputation in tatters. O’Keefe destroyed him, and Trent Fisher finished the job."

I know local papers are parochial, but Jesus, this shit's embarrassing. It was a 15-point margin, a little less gushing might be more suitable for the actual result.

And I found this comment by Seymour's coach ironical;
‘You had a team over there (Rochester) with blokes getting paid $1500 or $2000 (a game) who couldn’t get a kick in a street fight against local blokes on basic pay,’’ Seymour coach Shane Robertson.

You might want to learn about Seymour's recent history Shane.

Thoroughly enjoying the Seymour Telegraph's (written by Chalpat Sonti) take on Saturday's game;

"For a vastly different Seymour to the team that thrashed the pitiful Tigers in a semi-final last October again ruthlessly exposed Rochester as flat-track bullies with little heart."

"Weeks left Kings Park with his footballing reputation in tatters. O’Keefe destroyed him, and Trent Fisher finished the job."

I know local papers are parochial, but Jesus, this shit's embarrassing. It was a 15-point margin, a little less gushing might be more suitable for the actual result.

‘You had a team over there (Rochester) with blokes getting paid $1500 or $2000 (a game) who couldn’t get a kick in a street fight against local blokes on basic pay,’’ Seymour coach Shane Robertson.

Nice to know Seymour has become the first amateur club in the GV. They obviously dont have to pay Saad like they used too. Armaguard used to have a special stop there for home games a couple of years ago.
I will make this statement and stand by it. Rochester does not have any player playing for them that is on $1500 -2000. Not one. And they dont have anyone that deserves that sort of money either.

Nice to know Seymour has become the first amateur club in the GV. They obviously dont have to pay Saad like they used too. Armaguard used to have a special stop there for home games a couple of years ago.
I will make this statement and stand by it. Rochester does not have any player playing for them that is on $1500 -2000. Not one. And they dont have anyone that deserves that sort of money either.
I hear what you say gentlemen. From what I've heard Seymour are still paying off their 'Threepeat' and I'm sure Saad ain't playing for peanuts.

Newman won't play, doubts on a few others as well so won't be at full strength. Will be a great position for the club to be in if they can all get fit and available. I would love to be a selector choosing from a full list.

How typical of Brad Rowe yet again, the first to stick up for Rochy. Boy you sure need to grow some thicker skin. I know you’re a Rochy boy through and through but Jesus you're an embarrasment and the most precious little boy on this forum!

How typical of Brad Rowe yet again, the first to stick up for Rochy. Boy you sure need to grow some thicker skin. I know you’re a Rochy boy through and through but Jesus you're an embarrasment and the most precious little boy on this forum!
but he's probably right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you saying Brad Rowe doesnt have any valid points there Chance?

Recent articles in the Seymour Telegraph after several of the games they've played mention things that should possibly remain private club business. From an outsiders perspective, some of the quotes attributed to the coach are a bit tacky.........all it does is motivate the opposition more

Recent articles in the Seymour Telegraph after several of the games they've played mention things that should possibly remain private club business. From an outsiders perspective, some of the quotes attributed to the coach are a bit tacky.........all it does is motivate the opposition more

Rochy back on winners list this week beating Mansfield by around 5 goals. Weeks kicked 7. Bigger story is Sam Frawley in the 2's, kicked 15 goals today. Not a bad day at the office. 26 goals in 2 weeks.

Possibly the worst umpiring display I had ever personally witnessed today for both sides at the Mansfield and rochy game. Players had no idea what they were allowed to do and what not too do. I'm not an umpire bagger coz I know how incredibly hard it is, but at least make sure it's consistent all game. In particular the younger umpire who I have watched a few times this year isn't up to senior standard let alone gv standard.

Euroa beating United was a shock. Ky-Swans and Mooroopna-Tatura looked like good games.

Next week shapes as a good round;
Benalla v Swans
United v Tatura
Seymour v Echuca
Bears v Kyabram
Rochy v Euroa
Mansfield v Mooroopna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back