Goulburn Valley FL - 2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love listening to Greg Sharp call the footy, but had a chuckle aftermatch when they asked the guy Swindon (kicked 6) how does that feel ..... his response "F**king awesome, ha ha love it!!!
Was a ripping contest at Seymour, Swindon dominated inside 50 with heaps of contested marks, Bamford still quality. Euroa 2 and 1, who would have thought. Great for the comp.

Was a ripping contest at Seymour, Swindon dominated inside 50 with heaps of contested marks, Bamford still quality. Euroa 2 and 1, who would have thought. Great for the comp.
True hank.

IIRC you didn't think so anyway, posting Seymour/Mansfield getting easy matches v Benalla/Euroa when there were discussions a about the draw a couple of months ago.

Hasn't exactly turned out that way. Which is good.

Well done Benalla on your 33pt win at Tatura...definitely going to be a finals contender this year..

Well done Benalla on your 33pt win at Tatura...definitely going to be a finals contender this year..

As stated Tatura have no depth so losing 4 players against Rochester plus a couple rested who played injured probably shows what I was suggesting that at full strength Tatura can beat anyone. Like every club injuries dictate your season and make any side vulnerable.

Will have to beat some other teams such as Kyabram, Shepp Swans,Seymour and Mooroopna to be a finalist so not sure until they have played all these at least once if the tag of contender or pretender is apt for Benalla just yet.

As stated Tatura have no depth so losing 4 players against Rochester plus a couple rested who played injured probably shows what I was suggesting that at full strength Tatura can beat anyone. Like every club injuries dictate your season and make any side vulnerable.

Will have to beat some other teams such as Kyabram, Shepp Swans,Seymour and Mooroopna to be a finalist so not sure until they have played all these at least once if the tag of contender or pretender is apt for Benalla just yet.
Benalla will run sides into the ground, benalla a definite for finals too much young talent that have no fear

Most predicted Seymour, Mansfield and Tatura to be similar strength as last year. Benalla should have beaten Seymour according to all the key indicators stated in paper reports but went down by a few points. Beaten Mansfield and now Tat. They are 3 of the top 6 from last year..Benalla looked a better side to me than Rochy. Thought Ky also looked better than Rochy.
Why could United only beat Echuca by a couple of goals? We beat Echuca by 94pts....Rochy beat Bears on Sat by 83pts. If Euroa and Seymour win this week against Mooroopna and Swans then do you think any of the Shep sides will be any good GG? Lets wait and see....This season is shaping up to be a cracker!

With injuries and VFL commitments, Rochester will rarely have its best team available for most of the year.

Anyway, here's the interleague squad;
Benalla: Luke Morgan, Al Jacka, Nick Warnock. Echuca: Matt Pollock, Jordan Williams. Euroa: Matt Quinton. Kyabram: Paul Newman, Simon Seddon, Jason Morgan, Liam Ogden. Mansfield: Adam Boshevski, Josh Fraser. Mooroopna: Daniel Lewis, Mark Blake, Mitch Keddell. Rochester: Grant Weeks, Sam Vale, Brady Green, James Brain. Seymour: Paul Colbert, Brent Colbert, Matt O’Keefe, Saad Saad. Shepparton: Rhys O’Sullivan. Shepparton Swans: Dan Lovick, Andrew Riordan, Jessie Finnen. Shepparton United: Jason Eagle, Shaun Huy, Matt Rendina, Ryan Butler, Tim Looby. Tatura: Paul Kirby, Linc Wellington, James Wall, Brendon Hollow, Tom Sullivan, Tom Miller, Leigh Owen, Tom Durward.

With injuries and VFL commitments, Rochester will rarely have its best team available for most of the year.

Benalla: Luke Morgan, Al Jacka, Nick Warnock. Echuca: Matt Pollock, Jordan Williams. Euroa: Matt Quinton. Kyabram: Paul Newman, Simon Seddon, Jason Morgan, Liam Ogden. Mansfield: Adam Boshevski, Josh Fraser. Mooroopna: Daniel Lewis, Mark Blake, Mitch Keddell. Rochester: Grant Weeks, Sam Vale, Brady Green, James Brain. Seymour: Paul Colbert, Brent Colbert, Matt O’Keefe, Saad Saad. Shepparton: Rhys O’Sullivan. Shepparton Swans: Dan Lovick, Andrew Riordan, Jessie Finnen. Shepparton United: Jason Eagle, Shaun Huy, Matt Rendina, Ryan Butler, Tim Looby. Tatura: Paul Kirby, Linc Wellington, James Wall, Brendon Hollow, Tom Sullivan, Tom Miller, Leigh Owen, Tom Durward.

Every side will have to deal with injuries at some point brad, as for vfl commitments Rochy are not the only side with guys playing in the vfl. The fact is that up to 90% of games this year are going to be 50-50 contests when the ball is bounced. If you don't bring your a grade game you are a chance to get knocked off. It's as even as I can remember a Gvl season being in the last 20 years. At this early stage every side bar shepp can claim to have top 6 aspirations. Not many country football leagues could say this.

Every side will have to deal with injuries at some point brad, as for vfl commitments Rochy are not the only side with guys playing in the vfl. The fact is that up to 90% of games this year are going to be 50-50 contests when the ball is bounced. If you don't bring your a grade game you are a chance to get knocked off. It's as even as I can remember a Gvl season being in the last 20 years. At this early stage every side bar shepp can claim to have top 6 aspirations. Not many country football leagues could say this.

I'm just saying Rochester will rarely field it's best team, especially in the first half of the year. Daniel Anderson is still a few weeks away, Daniel McLinden looks to be a first-term Bendigo Gold player, while Dillon Williams, Nathan McCarty and Ben McPhee will also play VFL.

Rochy may not hit their peak until later in the year. That's all I'm saying.

Most predicted Seymour, Mansfield and Tatura to be similar strength as last year. Benalla should have beaten Seymour according to all the key indicators stated in paper reports but went down by a few points. Beaten Mansfield and now Tat. They are 3 of the top 6 from last year..Benalla looked a better side to me than Rochy. Thought Ky also looked better than Rochy.
Why could United only beat Echuca by a couple of goals? We beat Echuca by 94pts....Rochy beat Bears on Sat by 83pts. If Euroa and Seymour win this week against Mooroopna and Swans then do you think any of the Shep sides will be any good GG? Lets wait and see....This season is shaping up to be a cracker!

Seymour believe they SHOULD have beaten your blokes in the GF last year but didnt happen. Lets talk reality for a start. I dont think anyone had Mansfield in their 6 and Seymour lost as many games as they won last year to make finals. Lets not forget they got an injection of Bushies and VFL players back which made the difference.
Rochy might have looked ordinary against Tat but I have no doubt they have more scope to improve over the season when CHF, Ruckman and and FF all start to fire. New spine was always going to take 4-6 weeks.
In regards to Echuca and how close they got. Some sides always match up well on opposition teams no matter where they are on the ladder. Echuca have a good game plan and run hard so can be hard to close out.
In regards to Swans they have recruited well but need to beat top teams. United and Mooroopna are the Shepp teams I think will make the 6 but uncertain in regards to Swans until they start beating United, Tat, Rochy, Ky. I dont see a spot for them.

If Euroa beat Mooroopna this week I will personally call in ASADA. :D

If Euroa beat Mooroopna this week I will personally call in ASADA. :D

2 more VFL listed players to play for Euroa Saturday night to add to the handful from ANZAC day, word from up North is that none of the Darwin boys will be playing for Mooroopna this weekend either, you might have to get onto the blower GG!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went and watched the tat vs ben game on the weekend and other than being super impressed with the saints, 1 thing became very clear. tat cannot afford to play tom miller full back on the best full forwards in country victoria, he was found out on the weekend when the ball was coming in 1 on 1, he was no good
will be interesting to see what grigg does with that one. Miller is a great young player but i reckon too much is being asked of him at the moment to play full back

No ash Watson?? Any reason why? Any other surprise omissions?

Went and watched the tat vs ben game on the weekend and other than being super impressed with the saints, 1 thing became very clear. tat cannot afford to play tom miller full back on the best full forwards in country victoria, he was found out on the weekend when the ball was coming in 1 on 1, he was no good
will be interesting to see what grigg does with that one. Miller is a great young player but i reckon too much is being asked of him at the moment to play full back

Johnno#7 this is just my opinion but I hope that's not the only game you have watched of tommy miller??
As a regular spectator at majority Tatura games he has dominated most games, he plays fullback just about every week and does an amazing job. Being only 19 yes it might be a little to much for him but smashing Saad in the grandfinal and Grant Weaks a week before the Saints game shows he can do it. If you ask any defender they will always tell you how hard it is to defend when the ball is getting into the 50 as quick as it was in the later stage of the game.
Its Round 4 buddy there is a long way to go.

Johnno#7 this is just my opinion but I hope that's not the only game you have watched of tommy miller??
As a regular spectator at majority Tatura games he has dominated most games, he plays fullback just about every week and does an amazing job. Being only 19 yes it might be a little to much for him but smashing Saad in the grandfinal and Grant Weaks a week before the Saints game shows he can do it. If you ask any defender they will always tell you how hard it is to defend when the ball is getting into the 50 as quick as it was in the later stage of the game.
Its Round 4 buddy there is a long way to go.

Didnt Weeks kick four against Tat? If your opponent kicks four i dont think you've 'smashed' him...

Losing Jayden Young to injury before half time cost us a bit of flexibility in the back line. He was very dominant across half back in the first quarter and a bit. Hopefully not serious as we have also lost this flexibility with Lovel out injured. Hoperfully Buffa Ryan will fly home soon to fulfill that role.
I didn't think we lost because of Miller's effort on Warnock, I think we lost because of our poor forward movements and kicking a total of 1.10 in the 2nd and 3rd quarters...you won't win too many games doing that! Waite led well all game but never looked for him leading up the middle often enough, kept going for a wide option. Maybe we played too wide to avoid risking turning the ball over in the middle against a fast young Benalla side, rather than risk attacking through the middle and trying to utilize Wall and Waite more often. When we did attack in the second quarter with the wind, we seemed to bomb it long too often, instead of trying to hit the forwards on a lead 40mtr out. We will only improve as the year goes on and as we get used to the way Waite, Wall and Grigg all play differently. There were signs of it against Echuca when Waite, Wall and Grigg all kicked 4 or 5 each.

Losing Jayden Young to injury before half time cost us a bit of flexibility in the back line. He was very dominant across half back in the first quarter and a bit. Hopefully not serious as we have also lost this flexibility with Lovel out injured. Hoperfully Buffa Ryan will fly home soon to fulfill that role.
I didn't think we lost because of Miller's effort on Warnock, I think we lost because of our poor forward movements and kicking a total of 1.10 in the 2nd and 3rd quarters...you won't win too many games doing that! Waite led well all game but never looked for him leading up the middle often enough, kept going for a wide option. Maybe we played too wide to avoid risking turning the ball over in the middle against a fast young Benalla side, rather than risk attacking through the middle and trying to utilize Wall and Waite more often. When we did attack in the second quarter with the wind, we seemed to bomb it long too often, instead of trying to hit the forwards on a lead 40mtr out. We will only improve as the year goes on and as we get used to the way Waite, Wall and Grigg all play differently. There were signs of it against Echuca when Waite, Wall and Grigg all kicked 4 or 5 each.

U speak of of 1.10 for the quarter and i bet u tatura would be smashed benella in inside 50s, but i reckon with the style of game taura play(forcing turn over through the middle and front half of the ground) they r always going to find it harder to kick straighter and are always going to have many more inside 50s. but when their opponents do break through the press its generally a lot easier to convert because everything is so much more open and the quality of the kick going inside 50 is much better because of the less pressure.

Watched an interesting game at Euroa last night. The movement of Daniel Lewis to the middle, Schirmer to the back and the unmatched height in the forward line made life very difficult for Euroa. Notably, three Darwin players were absent. Clearly early days but good signs for Mooroopna

hey just wondering if anyone can give me any info on a bloke named chris koy? Apparently he used to play for seymour, he's up in qld now and wants to have a run with us, he has big wraps on himself, im just wondering if they're valid? Cheers.

hey just wondering if anyone can give me any info on a bloke named chris koy? Apparently he used to play for seymour, he's up in qld now and wants to have a run with us, he has big wraps on himself, im just wondering if they're valid? Cheers.
Never heard of him! Most blokes that have big wraps on themselves are no good. Most games this week appear reasonably one sided ! Benalla have a real chance to consolidate this week v shepp

Never heard of him! Most blokes that have big wraps on themselves are no good. Most games this week appear reasonably one sided ! Benalla have a real chance to consolidate this week v shepp

Thanks mate, I had a feeling that would be the answer.

hey just wondering if anyone can give me any info on a bloke named chris koy? Apparently he used to play for seymour, he's up in qld now and wants to have a run with us, he has big wraps on himself, im just wondering if they're valid? Cheers
I can't recall him playing for the lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back