Goulburn Valley FL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
H
Sam Martyn is still there. Glad to see that people have so easily written Benalla off this year, but don't be surprised if they stay around the top end of the ladder again. I'm looking forward to seeing the improvement in a lot of young players that have all ready shown a bit against Albury and Wang Rovers. Can't wait for the first game against Rochy.

How is the back line looking? I thought they had lost most of the back line players from last year

H

How is the back line looking? I thought they had lost most of the back line players from last year

Think a good midfield can make a poor backline look a whole lot better! From what I understand they have picked up 1 key defender from the vfl. Still have plenty of fire power up fwd! They will be top 3 atleast! Will be a ripper game against rochy next weekend!! Does anybody know whether it Will be streamed live?

H

Yep, GF backline depleted.
OUT: Guppy, B Martyn, Colbert, Smith, J Palpratt then players who didn't play seniors but provided depth Polwarth and Dalton. Backline a huge issue but agree with Johnno the mids will be as good as anyone so might not go down there too often

Great to see the GVFL website upto date (not) incorrect scores no ladder.I was really wanting pallPRATT to see Tat on top

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but why would they open the season with just two games? Ridiculous.

Yep. Talk about underwhelming. What about a replay of the 2015 GF?

And yeah I do understand that clubs make specific requests, but a full round of blockbuster games (local rivals, or whatever) might set the season up. Instead we had two (of the ilk I suggested) but why not six?

Tat
I don't want to sound like a broken record, but why would they open the season with just two games? Ridiculous.
V mooroopna was actually round 8 played yesterday cogs have booked the grounds so it was only the 2 shep sides playing in round 1

No one tipped the Bears to beat United, where are United at? Tip top effort by the Bears, a lot of expectation at United this year with some big recruits coming in and spending big, looks like they will battle again $$$$$$

No one tipped the Bears to beat United, where are United at? Tip top effort by the Bears, a lot of expectation at United this year with some big recruits coming in and spending big, looks like they will battle again $$$$$$

Shepp had a good side on paper..Byrnes, Allen, Hiscock and Battista and if Wong gets his clearance through they will be very handy. Wong can on his day can be very hard to contain up forward. Next weeks game v Echuca will tell us a bit more .

J Perkovic or how ever you spell his name is he now playing for shep east? I thought he got to many weeks and couldn't play again.

J Perkovic or how ever you spell his name is he now playing for shep east? I thought he got to many weeks and couldn't play again.
He was over 16 weeks which is deregistration but the GVL somehow stuffed it up by not lodging the paperwork I think , so he is now playing at shepp east .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Echuca's depth will be tested on Sat night v Shepp Bears........talls out injured,Florence with a buttock/hamstring up to 6 weeks, Kane Morris out with cut foot thanks to water ski incident.
Beattie still overseas, Dan Willis maybe Essendon VFL.

Is there somewhere that lists players weeks suspended? On another note how did Filo play?
Heard from a bloke that was at the game that filo was best a field comfortably, he got best on on the gvfl site aswell.

Heard from a bloke that was at the game that filo was best a field comfortably, he got best on on the gvfl site aswell.

So already got 3 votes for the league medal then ?

After winning the last two medals in the last two comps he played, he may give the third a shake.

Bears have added a gun from Nightcliff, NT. 26 year old Baydon Ngalkin, small forward/mid.

"Fremantle twice considered Baydon Ngalkin, a midfield jet with skills on both sides and “amazing” offensive weapons"

Daniel Lewis has finally done what we all knew would happen n that's sign for the nt thunder! Have to feel for waaia n tat who he has basically stolen 7k in sign on's from! No club in country vic would go anywhere near the bloke now you would think!

Daniel Lewis has finally done what we all knew would happen n that's sign for the nt thunder! Have to feel for waaia n tat who he has basically stolen 7k in sign on's from! No club in country vic would go anywhere near the bloke now you would think!

Of course you would... you just wouldnt give him any money before he plays

Is waaia anywhere near Ned Kelly country?

Clubs should not go near any player who is asking for a sign on fee . It is the start of a relationship, even if they end up playing , where the player is pulling the reigns and clubs are being bent over .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back