Goulburn Valley FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS !!!!, do i need to explain this again !!???
No you don't, He does have a reputation of "Steping down" at previous club and leaving them a mess

Count Seymour lucky that he was there for months and not years.
"

Mate, I reckon best left alone. It was dying its own death. No doubt you are angry about it and i understand having been there before myself. Nevertheless don't screw yourself up over it as its just not worth it. When I have been removed from a coaching role in the past I often look and see if the clubs results or culture have improved after the decision. In one case it did whilst in my most recent experience I sit back and watch a program go backwards. That is when you feel justified or put your hand up and say I was wrong.

Mate, I reckon best left alone. It was dying its own death. No doubt you are angry about it and i understand having been there before myself. Nevertheless don't screw yourself up over it as its just not worth it. When I have been removed from a coaching role in the past I often look and see if the clubs results or culture have improved after the decision. In one case it did whilst in my most recent experience I sit back and watch a program go backwards. That is when you feel justified or put your hand up and say I was wrong.
Great advice
You are right about that program going backwards at great knots

Explain what?Proofs in the pudding.
Leaves Sorrento for "Personal reasons"
Then apparently had the Pines job signed & sealed.
Next thing Seymour appoints him.
After 2 games they sack him
The way i see it reading between the lines the only thing Seymour is guilty off is not doing Due diligence on a bloke who is of questionable character.

Watched Ky V Echuca and was impressed by both teams despite a big margin Ky's way. Echuca's pressure was outstanding early but failed to kick straight and paid the price! KY became pretty methodical after 1/2 time. They are outstanding by foot and fanned out well in the back 1/2.
Some Observations
Ky cannot be afforded loose men in the back half as they use them and connect well by foot
Kyle Mueller could be missing for a few with what looked like an ankle injury
When the game was in tight early Echuca held the supremacy
I wouldn't have Willis kick in as he has a tendency to try and hit the 'perfect' target and he is too good in the air to not e a target.
I think that Ky can be beaten with leg speed
Echuca need to work on their kicking to take the next step.

Pretty accurate summation there Ringo. Echuca's pressure around the footy early on was excellent and probably deserved a 3-4 goal lead at quarter time. They will only improve on that effort with some quality to come in. I'm not counting any of there VFL guys as outs because it is highly unlikely that any of them will play the 5 games required to qualify. Buckley and Morris are big ins though.
Ky's second half was excellent considering they only had one on the bench with injuries to Mueller and Whitford. Im hearing Mueller has done a medial strain which will keep him out for 8-10 weeks. I get the sense that the Ky boys are in 3rd gear at the moment which is understandable. Its very hard to be up for as long as they have and always getting the best from opposition each week. I have the feeling they wish the finals were here already. Teams will push them during the home and away and I won't be surprised at all to see them drop a game but they are a different proposition come finals. There big bodies come into there own, lots thought Shepp's leg speed was going to get them in last years grand final but Ky just bullied them with pressure and tackling. Speed wins you home and away games but not sure about finals.
Rochy are the surprise, with Stroobs and Marrone playing plus the additions of Free, Wren and others I'm not sure they have dropped at all from last year. Perhaps some young fresh legs is exactly what they needed. Aitken, Brennan and Bowen were champions of the club but there bodies were shot. They have a pretty good draw and could finish anywhere from 3rd to 6th in my opinion.

Pretty accurate summation there Ringo. Echuca's pressure around the footy early on was excellent and probably deserved a 3-4 goal lead at quarter time. They will only improve on that effort with some quality to come in. I'm not counting any of there VFL guys as outs because it is highly unlikely that any of them will play the 5 games required to qualify. Buckley and Morris are big ins though.
Ky's second half was excellent considering they only had one on the bench with injuries to Mueller and Whitford. Im hearing Mueller has done a medial strain which will keep him out for 8-10 weeks. I get the sense that the Ky boys are in 3rd gear at the moment which is understandable. Its very hard to be up for as long as they have and always getting the best from opposition each week. I have the feeling they wish the finals were here already. Teams will push them during the home and away and I won't be surprised at all to see them drop a game but they are a different proposition come finals. There big bodies come into there own, lots thought Shepp's leg speed was going to get them in last years grand final but Ky just bullied them with pressure and tackling. Speed wins you home and away games but not sure about finals.
Rochy are the surprise, with Stroobs and Marrone playing plus the additions of Free, Wren and others I'm not sure they have dropped at all from last year. Perhaps some young fresh legs is exactly what they needed. Aitken, Brennan and Bowen were champions of the club but there bodies were shot. They have a pretty good draw and could finish anywhere from 3rd to 6th in my opinion.
Great summary there JD.
Hearing really good feedback about Rochy’s recruit from Tally and how the step up from KDFL hasn’t seemed an issue and looks like he’s been playing GV for years.

Th

That wouldn’t be Smith from the cats mmmmm just a guess ;)
Smith would be a super get for a side like the Bears looking to take the next step. Be hot property for anyone with points and cash to spare. Anyone know why he is departing Mooroopna?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was told that a very volatile situation took place between coach and player!!
?????????
Very unfortunate what has happened at Seymour, hopefully everyone can move on. Disappointing when people hang their dirty laundry out on a public forum. If your not happy with someone, l was always told approach them face to face and work it out.
And on another rumour that seems to be doing the rounds about another coach and his player , just remember these are peoples personal and private lives, not for everyone on social media.

Has a few mates at the Den, spends a bit of time up there on the drink. And big Tattersall to go with him I’m hearing.
They would be 5 points each wouldn't they ultra? Is there space for both at the den?

Tried checking Seymour 's points allocation from last week but unsurprisingly the website does not work!!

Are the Bears the only team in the Comp calling the Ressies, "Development Team"?

The GVFL is not the VFL and the "Development league" was dumped last year

Are the Bears the only team in the Comp calling the Ressies, "Development Team"?

The GVFL is not the VFL and the "Development league" was dumped last year
Not sure officially what Echuca calls their Second senior side this year, but previously has been referred and written up as their Development Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back