Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really sure maybe at 5??
Something like:
Eastern playing O&M
Geelong playing GVFL
WRFL v Ballarat ... ?
But I have no doubt forgotten someone ..

#edit. The NFL defeated Mornington Peninsula. I suspect they play Geelong and we play Mornington or WRFL in 2019.

EDFL don't like playing with others so happily playing with themselves.

Last edited:

Something like:
Eastern playing O&M
Geelong playing GVFL
WRFL v Ballarat ... ?
But I have no doubt forgotten someone ..

So maybe 4th then Tongue? Be great to see the league rise back up to the top. Watched a bit of Eastern last night and they were super.

Maybe the player payment for rep team was taken off the table which meant so did the interest?

To be honest not sure why the didn’t participate, outside of the VAFA they were one of the only comps to compete normal H&A fixtures in full yesty

Maybe the player payment for rep team was taken off the table which meant so did the interest?

To be honest not sure why the didn’t participate, outside of the VAFA they were one of the only comps to compete normal H&A fixtures in full yesty

I think the Picola league played over the weekend as well

Last edited:
Played Geelong at Deakin in 2015.

Thanks Doc,
I think this could be very interesting game. Mornington Peninsula merged the Nepean Divison Teams with the Peninsula Divison Team(Both play stand a lone teams in interleague previously). My family was associated with Rye Footy club many years ago. It will be interesting where they play there Interleague if we get them. I would not be surprised they play it at Rye or Sorrento because of the Sandy Ground underneath to tire the legs of the GV boys.

If it goes ahead, Long weekend looking good and free room as Grandparents still live down there.

Looking forward to next year Interleague already.

Thanks Doc,
I think this could be very interesting game. Mornington Peninsula merged the Nepean Divison Teams with the Peninsula Divison Team(Both play stand a lone teams in interleague previously). My family was associated with Rye Footy club many years ago. It will be interesting where they play there Interleague if we get them. I would not be surprised they play it at Rye or Sorrento because of the Sandy Ground underneath to tire the legs of the GV boys.

If it goes ahead, Long weekend looking good and free room as Grandparents still live down there.

Looking forward to next year Interleague already.
Maybe you and Ringo could have a weekend away together, a bit of a bonding session.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anywhere you can watch the GV interleague game online?
The O&M have got a fantastic arrangement worth Dartfish tv where every home and away game + finals + interleague game is online and available for free by 10am the day after its played.

Seriously good promotion for the league, would love to see something similar for every interlaced match.

Might be a touch frosty at that time. Don’t really understand the scheduling of games at night during Late May, June and July. Would get a bigger crowd on a Sunday in my opinion.

If you have lights you use them, I wouldnt think it really matters if it is 5 or 20 degrees, footy is a winter a sport. Most ovals in the area are booked out for junior footy on Sundays. Plus they have the best lights in the area so why not actually use them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you have lights you use them, I wouldnt think it really matters if it is 5 or 20 degrees, footy is a winter a sport. Most ovals in the area are booked out for junior footy on Sundays. Plus they have the best lights in the area so why not actually use them.

I reckon much better at the front end when its warm.Saturday is going to be sunny and 17 and Saturday night will be a frost.....Older people stay at home.

I reckon much better at the front end when its warm.Saturday is going to be sunny and 17 and Saturday night will be a frost.....Older people stay at home.

Yep I am all for a hot toddy, knee rug and watching The Voice on a sunday night!

And attempting to convince Mrs Tongue I have similar skills to Sam Perry ...

Yeah I've got great lights at home but turn em off during the day,no point in using them just to show em off.
Sure footy is a winter game,but if it's a crap freezing day most people will elect to stay home,never been any different for over a hundred years!
Why schedule a night game for this time of year when the overwhelming odds are that it will be bloody freezing cold ?
There is no logical reason to play night games at this time of the year
in Country footy,no TV advertising revenue to be gained that I'm aware of.
My guess is that some administration psychopaths thought it a "beaut" idea,no more ,no less.

Is there anywhere you can watch the GV interleague game online?
The O&M have got a fantastic arrangement worth Dartfish tv where every home and away game + finals + interleague game is online and available for free by 10am the day after its played.

Seriously good promotion for the league, would love to see something similar for every interlaced match.

Some leagues around already record every match and then issue each club a USB immediately afterwards.

Can be a great resource in so many ways, surprising to read there ain’t anything in place for you guys ... especially considering “major league” status.

Some leagues around already record every match and then issue each club a USB immediately afterwards.

Can be a great resource in so many ways, surprising to read there ain’t anything in place for you guys ... especially considering “major league” status.

Even better if the vision is from behind the goals too Doona!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back