Goulburn Valley FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, reckon this game will be a beauty! However, i think Shepparton will win due to Echuca's unfortunate lack of fire power. They're 2 players short of a flag with that list. But of course, i could be wrong. They're pressure vs Ky on Saturday was huge. If they bring that to Deakin, look out! Simon Buckley seems to be carrying something and is not at his explosive best?
I see the Bushies got rolled this weekend so you'd expect Lachlan Ash & Jordan Butts to be available for selection?
Hopefully the weather is good Sunday, could see a cracking crowd.
I thought Buckley was BOG in first quarter... had about dozen possessions I reckon. But was quieter after that so may have pulled up sore, but doubt it??

I thought Buckley was BOG in first quarter... had about dozen possessions I reckon. But was quieter after that so may have pulled up sore, but doubt it??
Anymore injuries from the weekend besides Hayes and gemmill being ruled out
Wot about young Heppell .

See the EDFL has announced their salary caps and points for 2019.
Premier $220k 48 points
Div 1 $190k 48 points
Div 2 (effectively Division 3) $145k 48 points.

Hmmm... what are we operating at again? Is it $180k (or $150k?) and 40 points.... Appreciating the equality inherent within the system established under the auspices of the AFL. Jeez it makes me annoyed.
I guess some dry cider might provide some solace.

Premier $220k 48 points
Div 1 $190k 48 points

Hmmm... what are we operating at again? Is it $180k (or $150k?) and 40 points.... Appreciating the equality inherent within the system established under the auspices of the AFL. Jeez it makes me annoyed.

Silver, this is the problem right here! The Metro comps are going to able to go into country leagues and recruit players as we cant compete with these figures. It cant be that hard for every league to have the same cap/points. It's just laughable.....common sense isn't all that common.

Premier $220k 48 points
Div 1 $190k 48 points

And we wonder why country footy is dying. How can the AFL and AFL Victoria just allow this to occur.. the inequity is frightening. It also makes it far easier for metropolitan clubs to recruit players from country leagues, thus weakening their base. The whole system sucks and has done nothing to improve standards and make clubs more competitive.

Spot on Ringo and Guru, only gunna get worse in the bush unless something uniform comes in statewide from major to minor to district then $hits and giggle comps down

Silver, this is the problem right here! The Metro comps are going to able to go into country leagues and recruit players as we cant compete with these figures. It cant be that hard for every league to have the same cap/points. It's just laughable.....common sense isn't all that common.
Yep that was my point as the system makes it all one way traffic. What a ludicrous idea that an EDFL Dic 3 team has $145k and 48 points with which to construct a team. The KDFL?
As for $220k ...

There needs to be uniformity and parity between Major leagues as well as comparative District leagues. I doubt the Geelong Footy League or O&M are operating with $220k and 48 points.

Spot on Ringo and Guru, only gunna get worse in the bush unless something uniform comes in statewide from major to minor to district then $hits and giggle comps down
Set rates wont work as clubs outside of major cities have to pay alot more for players than those in more cities. For example Tat I suspect would have to pay $100-$200 per week more than say Shepp for the same player .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep that was my point as the system makes it all one way traffic. What a ludicrous idea that an EDFL Dic 3 team has $145k and 48 points with which to construct a team. The KDFL?
As for $220k ...

There needs to be uniformity and parity between Major leagues as well as comparative District leagues. I doubt the Geelong Footy League or O&M are operating with $220k and 48 points.

GFL $140,000 and 40 points.

The 2 sides playing off in the grand final next week, St Mary’s and St Joeys, 3rd grand final in a row for St Mary’s, 3rd or 4th grand final in 5 years for St Joeys.

Both sides play most weeks well under the 40 point cap. St Mary’s u18’s had won the previous 6 grand finals I believe. St Joeys u18’s played in around 5/6 grand finals since 2011.

No doubt there’s examples like this all around the state on how the points system doesn’t work.

Last edited:
And then Kyabram would have pay $100-$200 less then shepp for the same player

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Funny how every club supporter thinks "their" club pays "their" players the appropriate amount while every other club writes out ridiculous cheques. Don't be a fool...

Set rates wont work as clubs outside of major cities have to pay alot more for players than those in more cities. For example Tat I suspect would have to pay $100-$200 per week more than say Shepp for the same player .

If that your theory then Picola must be on thousands per week and Deni Rovers must be playing players, A million dollars a week. LOL

As for $220k ...

I think have Set levels for Major leagues and Minor Leagues Salary Cap has got some merit. However I think it has to be 3 or 4 tiers(seeing that there is 32 leagues in the Interleague Comp...4 tiers with 8 teams and maybe how the league preform of last 3 years).

It make it more emphasis on the points system with the less points you have, The stronger your junior and the strong Talent in your league. More points you have, the weaker the comp becuae you have to bring talent in.

The quesiton is where is that Magic mark for the Salary cap tier thresholds.

Interesting to see what happend in AFL Victoria for the next 5 years or so

I think have Set levels for Major leagues and Minor Leagues Salary Cap has got some merit. However I think it has to be 3 or 4 tiers(seeing that there is 32 leagues in the Interleague Comp...4 tiers with 8 teams and maybe how the league preform of last 3 years).

It make it more emphasis on the points system with the less points you have, The stronger your junior and the strong Talent in your league. More points you have, the weaker the comp becuae you have to bring talent in.

The quesiton is where is that Magic mark for the Salary cap tier thresholds.

Interesting to see what happend in AFL Victoria for the next 5 years or so
The point system already gives relief to those that were / are deemed major leagues .
Salary caps are already tiered, issue is that the major country leagues such as gvfl, o&m, BFL are being faced with competing with metro clubs who have salaries caps 50% higher as well as having the benefit of kids moving to their door step for uni / work.

Last edited:
Funny how every club supporter thinks "their" club pays "their" players the appropriate amount while every other club writes out ridiculous cheques. Don't be a fool...
Dunno where your going with this but it’s making no sense, what I’m saying is the size of the town/city doesn’t always determine how much a club had to pay a person. Look at ky, great list, using limited amount of player points while staying under the salary cap. Comes back on the club having a great culture with good people in charge that players are willing to take sacrifices for.

Dunno where your going with this but it’s making no sense, what I’m saying is the size of the town/city doesn’t always determine how much a club had to pay a person. Look at ky, great list, using limited amount of player points while staying under the salary cap. Comes back on the club having a great culture with good people in charge that players are willing to take sacrifices for.

I was under the impression you were implying Shepparton would pay $100-200 more than ky for the same player?

Pay there cap no doubt
Might have to fit more in next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back