Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Understand Casey Demons want out of the VFL....this virus will get us all if we don’t stay the f#%k at home. Melbourne residents have really lots to answer for.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Meeting today mate. Believe if they pull the pin the Northern Bullants will take their place. The league will be super strong . Lower numbers today help the cause as well.

The Riverina league is going to be a ripping competition again this year due to the influx of players that aren’t playing elsewhere. Some real quality coming on board across the entire league.

I do remember the halcyon days with all those ex VFL players. One that you all missed was Les “Salty” Parish who played with Griffith for many years. Ripping fellow and one of the toughest players I have seen. Unfortunately passed away a number of years ago. His contribution to footy up here was amazing.

Another great asset are the grounds - big wide open ones and generally in great condition. Grounds like Exies Oval in Griffith, Robertson Oval in Wagga and the iconic Narrandera Showground are fantastic. Players in Melbourne would be so envious of being able to have a run around on these ovals.

The league is planning to commence on 25 July.

Last edited:
The Riverina league is going to be a ripping competition again this year due to the influx of players that aren’t playing elsewhere. Some real quality coming on board across the entire league.

I do remember the halcyon days with all those ex VFL players. One that you all missed was Les “Salty” Parish who played with Griffith for many years. Ripping fellow and one of the toughest players I have seen. Unfortunately passed away a number of years ago. His contribution to footy up here was amazing.

Another great asset are the grounds - big wide open ones and generally in great condition. Grounds like Exies Oval in Griffith, Robertson Oval in Wagga and the iconic Narrandera Showgrounds are fantastic. Players in Melbourne would be so envious of being able to have a run around on these ovals.

The league is planning to commence on 25 July.

Narrandera is an awesome ground

Interesting to note the signing of Cupido with MCUE. God knows why such a good club would have him on board!
He came to my club East Burwood mid season in 2017. He transferred down from Bairnsdale where he was leading the goal kicking. He got to EB for two reasons. One because he was playing cricket there and was a friend of the cricket club captain who also played footy at EB. However, the main reason he ended up there was because he had lost his licence and his partner wouldn't drive him up and back each week.
The reason for her lack of enthusiasm could probably be linked to his appearance in the Shepparton Court where he pleaded guilty to threatening to make intimate photos of a former partner "go viral" unless she paid him money.
He was very overweight and unfit and did little for the season. I could only conclude that footy up in Bairnsdale wasn't of a great standard.
If he plays at MCUE then that will be his 12th club in 12 years. The one word that accurately describes him is mercenary.
I must say though he can kick the ball a country mile. Just so the MCUE players are fore warned, don't place any bets with him that you can kick the ball further than he can. From what I understand it seems to be very reliable source of income at any club he has played at.

He came to my club East Burwood mid season in 2017. He transferred down from Bairnsdale where he was leading the goal kicking. He got to EB for two reasons. One because he was playing cricket there and was a friend of the cricket club captain who also played footy at EB. However, the main reason he ended up there was because he had lost his licence and his partner wouldn't drive him up and back each week.
The reason for her lack of enthusiasm could probably be linked to his appearance in the Shepparton Court where he pleaded guilty to threatening to make intimate photos of a former partner "go viral" unless she paid him money.
He was very overweight and unfit and did little for the season. I could only conclude that footy up in Bairnsdale wasn't of a great standard.
If he plays at MCUE then that will be his 12th club in 12 years. The one word that accurately describes him is mercenary.
I must say though he can kick the ball a country mile. Just so the MCUE players are fore warned, don't place any bets with him that you can kick the ball further than he can. From what I understand it seems to be very reliable source of income at any club he has played at.

What is it with forwards? Cupido, Loveless, Meka!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha Ha, Loveless, had a slash in the goal square during a game in the Latrobe Valley League.
Legend has it that when his masculinity was questioned by a spectator at Tongala in the '80's he allegedly revealed and pointed at 'Exhibit A' in his defence of the accusation.

Legend also has it he was arrested at half time post revelation of said 'Exhibit A' ...

Legend has it that when his masculinity was questioned by a spectator at Tongala in the '80's he allegedly revealed and pointed at 'Exhibit A' in his defence of the accusation.

Legend also has it he was arrested at half time post revelation of said 'Exhibit A' ...
In his lace up jumper my understanding was he was questioned not arrested .
Gave him a little lip about it a few years later and he suggested I ring my parents as it might by my last chance .
My parents actually had a bit to do with him so when I let him know who they And I were he asked whether I was the snotty little kid who was still sucking the dummy or the one with the bowl cut when he last saw me .
I believe he is now wheelchair bound.

Last edited:

He certainly was an interesting character. I was lucky enough to play on him a few times. One day he never spoke a word to me in the first quarter, which was very unusual for him, then towards the end of the quarter I did the kick out then ran past him when I hear 'got ya'... I shit, and ducked, only for him to rip my shorts straight off me and the fling them around like a flag 🤣🤣. Lucky for me I had a long jumper on and it was a cold day....

In his lace up jumper my understanding was he was questioned not arrested .
Gave him a little lip about it a few years later and he suggested I ring my parents as it might by my last chance .
My parents actually had a bit to do with him so when I let him know who they And I were he asked whether I was the snotty little kid who was still sucking the dummy or the one with the bowl cut when he last saw me .
I believe he is now wheelchair bound.
Sounds about right Roar. He was certainly controversial and I witnessed him do some ordinary things on the field.

But jeez he could play! I reckon the GVFL won an interleague comp mid-80's (back when there was an elimination system each year and multiple games were played). Loveless was huge in those games. Kicked plenty at Tatura. Not sure how the Kyabram venture panned out.... Believe he was coach but not sure.

Kicked 15 goals for the GV team in a game against Mid Murray at Swan Hill , had a good year on field at Kyabram wasn't quite as good of field though I don't think.
Sounds about right Roar. He was certainly controversial and I witnessed him do some ordinary things on the field.

But jeez he could play! I reckon the GVFL won an interleague comp mid-80's (back when there was an elimination system each year and multiple games were played). Loveless was huge in those games. Kicked plenty at Tatura. Not sure how the Kyabram venture panned out.... Believe he was coach but not sure.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep it was right up there, at least Lennon will still be coaching, hopefully he brings out another inspirational gf speech

I hadn’t previously realised Weideman left Devonport after winning the state league medal in 98, to coach Coolamon in 99.
Another bloke by the name of Henderson who went on to be named coach of the decade was coachng in the Riverina in the late 90’s.

Kicked 15 goals for the GV team in a game against Mid Murray at Swan Hill , had a good year on field at Kyabram wasn't quite as good of field though I don't think.

No urban legend or myths about these stories, they’re all true. I saw him expose his appendage to an opposition female supporter in the forward picket at Tat after she was heckling him. Cops got notified and followed him at each change of ends. I also saw him belt a bloke coming off the ground at half time at Tongala. I believe it was the Tonny president at the time, Brian Church or similar? Cops came and arrested him and took him away for questioning still in his playing kit. Got charged and beat it at court claiming self defence. I also was at the game at Swan Hill when he kicked a bag against the Mid Murray League. It was said he consumed at least twelve dozen oysters the night before the game. What a character.

No urban legend or myths about these stories, they’re all true. I saw him expose his appendage to an opposition female supporter in the forward picket at Tat after she was heckling him. Cops got notified and followed him at each change of ends. I also saw him belt a bloke coming off the ground at half time at Tongala. I believe it was the Tonny president at the time, Brian Church or similar? Cops came and arrested him and took him away for questioning still in his playing kit. Got charged and beat it at court claiming self defence. I also was at the game at Swan Hill when he kicked a bag against the Mid Murray League. It was said he consumed at least twelve dozen oysters the night before the game. What a character.
He took a liking to Tongala local Pat Church and happend to knock his glasses of coming of at half time, local constable Maskell was good enough to give big Shane a ride in his wagon to the station and was very kind to take him back to the footy when the game had finished.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back