Goulburn Valley FL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Post can you clarify this for me? Is the water on the ground a result of the rainfall only? It looks like the water hasn't entered from the river. Sad times in the GV.

Whole town flooded from the river.
Probably nearly a metre through most of the town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whole town flooded from the river.
Probably nearly a metre through most of the town.

Big impacts to Rochy, Seymour, Echuca even Benalla, from this and many other towns and clubs through the state, with a few towns still bracing for the water to come

Post can you clarify this for me? Is the water on the ground a result of the rainfall only? It looks like the water hasn't entered from the river. Sad times in the GV.
A result of ******* government holding water facilities at unhealthy high levels for ‘environment flows ‘ and then dumpy into communities . Eg Eppalock onto Rochy .

Probably best we don't politicize a tragedy such as this. Water conservation, Act of God (says every insurance company, ever!) or climate change.
85% of Rochy houses Copt it, could be just as bad for Echuca by the looks of it, Shepp is still covered in water, how's mooroopna? How did Seymour and Benalla go? Are they as bad?

Probably best we don't politicize a tragedy such as this. Water conservation, Act of God (says every insurance company, ever!) or climate change.
Rochy doesn’t flood unless mass water is released from Eppalock . Government is ultimately responsible for the control of Eppalock and other water storage facilities .

Likewise the Murray has been at an extremely high level for some time as a result of unsustainable high water levels in water storages .

Yet the region had next to zero rainfall in June or July.

Most certainly not wishing to lay blame on a particular political party as IMO they are all as bad as one another .

However , I don’t think the general public understand the changes which have occurred recently in water storage , how it influences/ encourages high water levels in water storage which inturn results in high volumes being released at the worst possible time , ultimately flooding communities .

Once upon a time those with invested interests in the height of water facilities all lived in the communities who were impacted by floods , shall they be kept to high , that is no longer the case .

Rant over !

Rochy doesn’t flood unless mass water is released from Eppalock . Government is ultimately responsible for the control of Eppalock and other water storage facilities .

Likewise the Murray has been at an extremely high level for some time as a result of unsustainable high water levels in water storages .

Yet the region had next to zero rainfall in June or July.

Most certainly not wishing to lay blame on a particular political party as IMO they are all as bad as one another .

However , I don’t think the general public understand the changes which have occurred recently in water storage , how it influences/ encourages high water levels in water storage which inturn results in high volumes being released at the worst possible time , ultimately flooding communities .

Once upon a time those with invested interests in the height of water facilities all lived in the communities who were impacted by floods , shall they be kept to high , that is no longer the case .

Rant over !
Please keep this forum to Football. Some of us are in the middle of this or preparing for it to arrive. Using this forum to have 10 minutes to think about something else. Not what I need to wake up and read this morning

Please keep this forum to Football. Some of us are in the middle of this or preparing for it to arrive. Using this forum to have 10 minutes to think about something else. Not what I need to wake up and read this morning
I am also one of those right ‘ in the middle of this ‘.

When will it be time for the GV to return its salary cap to $175k (2019 amount) or even extend it to $200k? Current cap is $125k.

To be only marginally above the Murray, Picola and Kyabram Leagues has got the GV to its current situation where it isn’t attracting the caliber of player to be a really strong competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When will it be time for the GV to return its salary cap to $175k (2019 amount) or even extend it to $200k? Current cap is $125k.

To be only marginally above the Murray, Picola and Kyabram Leagues has got the GV to its current situation where it isn’t attracting the caliber of player to be a really strong competition.
I couldn’t agree more.

Where the cash coming from.

Where the cash coming from.

Only way to get people back through the gates and better players in clubs. More money in and attracts more money from sponsors. Lets face it top clubs are paying way above the 125k cap. With inflation and Cost of living the attraction for players to come to the GVL from out the area Is diminishing by the day.

Only way to get people back through the gates and better players in clubs. More money in and attracts more money from sponsors. Lets face it top clubs are paying way above the 125k cap. With inflation and Cost of living the attraction for players to come to the GVL from out the area Is diminishing by the day.

Some pretty good players committed to coming or coming back next season

I noticed on PlayHQ that Jett Trotter, Chris Neild, Kyle Winter-Irving, Andrew Ciavarella & Matt Ryan all playing for PINTs up in the NT this summer. Nice little GV contingent.

Matt Shannon & Luke Smith (Ex bears boys) playing for Southern Districts

Where do clubs find this cash? It will even more difficult this year, so people just think money grows on trees, imagine the extra work volunteers would need to do to find another 50k, no league in the state is above 125k are they? All it takes is for a club to ask about auditing another club and you're stuffed.

The problem is who wants to live in Shepp? Most young people now move away once they're 18, if Shepp and Yarrawonga offer you the same money, where would you choose to play and live, the majority it's Yarrawonga. People moving out from Melbourne aren't looking at Shepp, hence why the comps slipped and you've got comps like the Bellarine and west gippsland getting to a similar standard

Where do clubs find this cash? It will even more difficult this year, so people just think money grows on trees, imagine the extra work volunteers would need to do to find another 50k, no league in the state is above 125k are they? All it takes is for a club to ask about auditing another club and you're stuffed.

The problem is who wants to live in Shepp? Most young people now move away once they're 18, if Shepp and Yarrawonga offer you the same money, where would you choose to play and live, the majority it's Yarrawonga. People moving out from Melbourne aren't looking at Shepp, hence why the comps slipped and you've got comps like the Bellarine and west gippsland getting to a similar standard

Some great points there Trent.
Echuca has the only carrot to move to a place that’s got huge growth happening.

Seymour-Benalla-Rochester-Shepp Swans and Mooroopna have just had floods go right through their complete complex’s and we want to up the cap by 50k.

Good luck

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back