Goulburn Valley FL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep we did it for the first few weeks, then thought abt it and went back to the traditional just let the coach talk, they seem to listen more and take more in with only one person talking instead off 3 different voices, most the time they are looking at the ground going what’s he talking abt.. lol

I watched a U18 game
One side down by 80 points at 3/4 time
The side struggling needed fill ins
3/4 came and they split into there 3 groups
The forwards group was 3 fill ins 3 normal players.
I thought why.

Yep we did it for the first few weeks, then thought abt it and went back to the traditional just let the coach talk, they seem to listen more and take more in with only one person talking instead off 3 different voices, most the time they are looking at the ground going what’s he talking abt.. lol 😆
What's even sillier is when a player goes to a line group/coach and then is flipped to another position after the meeting which then affects two players!

It's an interesting appointment, you'd think that a big reason they got him, was to get his brother or other ex north guys in.
Don’t know him personally but been watching Picola league football for a few years and talking to a few who know him seems he is very knowledgeable and is switched on. Good get for the Swans who are building well through there juniors. Katty would have likely won a flag or played in the Grand Final if it wasn’t COVID last year with the team at his disposal. So only interesting thing will be how he goes with a younger squad.

Saw Katty play this year once and wouldn’t expect much from Sam if he played looked fairly banged up might get some better delivery though at GV level and not double teamed, there is a fairly big gap between the 2 leagues from the games I’ve seen of GV over the last 3 years.

Marty Hore and Ash Byrne named for the Bombers this week.

Marty Hore and Ash Byrne named for the Bombers this week.
Looks like I owe you a Tatts ticket Post,if he lines up. As for Ash, I wouldn’t expect too much in his comeback match! Probably needs a few runs under his belt and a few less beers!

Last edited:
Post I know it's retro round in the AFL but 'Ash' Byrne must be 53 years old. 😂

Gus Byrne and Hore are not named on PlayHQ. (No team up yet)
Marty has indeed been named at CHB! North have a VFL bye. Why would you bother? Perhaps a very good recruiting opportunity for Echuca to secure his services moving forward. Angus and Hugh Byrne also named. As for Ash he is wearing the sub vest!

Post I know it's retro round in the AFL but 'Ash' Byrne must be 53 years old.

Gus Byrne and Hore are not named on PlayHQ. (No team up yet)

Sam Reid and Young Evans also back for the Murray Bombers. I see Valentine and Morris are both out. I’m guessing injured?

With Waite back at Benalla, will he bring across some signings for next season or too early to tell?

Looks like I owe you a Tatts ticket Post,if he lines up. As for Ash, I wouldn’t expect too much in his comeback match! Probably needs a few runs under his belt and a few less beers!
I see linc Wellington is playing his 300th tomorrow against Echuca what a wonderful player he has been not only at tat but his stints with Numurkah and Merrigum were awesome. Well done Linc on your decorated career

Do Echuca fit all these players in come finals with the points or most only a 1 pointer?
Points not an issue for Echuca. If they get their full team on the park come finals, they will win with one leg in the air.

I agree with Ringo though. Can’t see the point in playing Hore when he won’t be playing finals.

Points not an issue for Echuca. If they get their full team on the park come finals, they will win with one leg in the air.

I agree with Ringo though. Can’t see the point in playing Hore when he won’t be playing finals.
Definitely in hope that he enjoys the week being a bomber so that he may come back to Echuca next season if gives up VFL footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely in hope that he enjoys the week being a bomber so that he may come back to Echuca next season if gives up VFL footy.
Why would you play him against Tatura? He can't play finals, you are playing a team battling and you do that, unless any of the guys named are playing finals it's a waste of time and it's more likely going to impact on team morale

I see linc Wellington is playing his 300th tomorrow against Echuca what a wonderful player he has been not only at tat but his stints with Numurkah and Merrigum were awesome. Well done Linc on your decorated career
Also came from the Mallee originally, reckon he made all aus in the under 18s

Just a walk in the park for him really playing against a team of young kids , not much opposition but echuca very impressive.
I see hore played and got in the best, I'm still none the wiser as a club sitting on top of the ladder would bring in a guy for a one off game against possibly the weakest team in the comp a couple of weeks out from finals

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting to note that VFL team of the Year player and current Williamstown player Corey Rich has qualified for the Eagles. Can play!

I see he played a couple in the reserves early. Must be a nice luxury having a bloke run around in your twos. Long drive up to Mansfield to sit on the line in the early game!! 10 home and away for Williamstown thinking he may not be eligible

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Helps get him attached to the club for the future
Rubbish. He would already know plenty of people there. As TTFS says, absolutely no need for him to play. Could’ve given a 3rds kid a run and still won by 25 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back