Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

What does that mean for the GV then? A move towards the Youtube format as well?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I just looked it up and they've moved to 'Streamer' I believe - watched a Bendigo league match over the weekend on the same platform and it wasn't great, glitched a couple of times but not sure if that was due to their production or the product itself

Tips for the week:

Euroa 37 points
Mansfield
MRP
Ky
United

Thermos Hot take for the week:
Shepparton United to put in a really strong performance to make a statement as round 1 finals contender. Britton to kick 6.

Feel free to discuss and add your own tips!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. Thanks Aucklander. Now to get on with the real talk..

Great job mate!

Awesome. Thanks Aucklander. Now to get on with the real talk..

Glad to see Aucklander!!! Nothing like a non reputable sources!

Thermos you’re the catalyst for all of this!!!

This is one of the very best threads on Big Footy full of people passionate about the GVFL and I certainly won't let it get ruined and turn into a shower of rubbish.

Just been over to the O&M thread and thought this was a good idea to put in here. Will cause some debate.

Who would you rather:

Willoughby vs Cucinatti
Norris vs Morris
Reid vs Whitford
Trotter vs Murphy

Cluch went into administration, doesn't exist for local footy streaming anymore

O&M Live goes through youtube and Gippsland Live (equivalent for the Gippsland League) went to youtube this year too after previously using Cluch
Ballarat FL have live streaming through their website as well. Might be red onion and then streamed through their website. Seems to work well especially with the commentary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least two of the posters you quote are the same person Aucklander. Potentially all three.

If you’re directing that to me silver I find it offensive and embarrassing. I have a strong interest in this league and would hate to be tarred with the same brunch as others. That is simply unfair for you to contend that..

At least two of the posters you quote are the same person Aucklander. Potentially all three.

Agree with thermos here. Just because I’m new to the thread doesn’t mean I am not interested and passionate. What shallow thinking..

Ballarat FL have live streaming through their website as well. Might be red onion and then streamed through their website. Seems to work well especially with the commentary.

Hampden FL the same, they might be through their FB page, as is the GFL. I think if you sit back and look at what all the ‘premier’ or ‘sub-premier’ standard country leagues are doing it’s something along these lines.

Point being I think there’s a lot to learn from O&M live, their coverage is excellent…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely there is a way to block these rubbish talkers, I’m new here but don’t see this in any other forums? If nothing is done this forums quality and standards will drop just like the league itself.

Silver Tongue have you got a rundown of who Rochy has picked up? No doubt they are expecting to play finals in their 150th season. By the way, the book produced on the history of the club is a credit to those involved in its production.
No more than the GV magazine published by the Shepp News mate. O'Keeffe a CHB and B&F from 'Flat along with Trewhella from the same club and Runners up in the B&F behind O'Keeffe. Both former Pioneers. Heine another mid from Uni Blues who played for Oakleigh Chargers. Dyl Williams back from Eaglehawk. A medium forward from Kyneton Bailey McGee who had a run at the Pioneers. Bailey Boyack a mid/forward from Echuca United who won a B&F there (I think)
A couple of young Under 18's blokes had shown a bit last year.

They are hoping for more out of talls: Dylan Gordon, Andy Henderson and Will Hamilton who didn't play many games in 2023. And something out of Nathan Marrone and Dougy Wren who didn't play any!

Not sure of the status of Hugh Hamilton as he had a long term back injury.

You have quickly turned this thread to shite! How many accounts are you currently running?

No matches mate. I will keep a close eye on things.

No more than the GV magazine published by the Shepp News mate. O'Keeffe a CHB and B&F from 'Flat along with Trewhella from the same club and Runners up in the B&F behind O'Keeffe. Both former Pioneers. Heine another mid from Uni Blues who played for Oakleigh Chargers. Dyl Williams back from Eaglehawk. A medium forward from Kyneton Bailey McGee who had a run at the Pioneers. Bailey Boyack a mid/forward from Echuca United who won a B&F there (I think)
A couple of young Under 18's blokes had shown a bit last year.

They are hoping for more out of talls: Dylan Gordon, Andy Henderson and Will Hamilton who didn't play many games in 2023. And something out of Nathan Marrone and Dougy Wren who didn't play any!

Not sure of the status of Hugh Hamilton as he had a long term back injury.
If you can get a few of those boys up and running and support Atley in the middle Rochy should see some September action. There are some good players named above.

Surely there is a way to block these rubbish talkers, I’m new here but don’t see this in any other forums? If nothing is done this forums quality and standards will drop just like the league itself.

Reporting posts is the best way to fix it. Not taking the bait also helps.

I think Rochester will be hoping for it all to ‘click’. Guys such as Hamilton (older one) are now at the prime age to really cause some damage. I don’t think they will be as mediocre as some think.

Not meaning to be pessimistic but why can’t we just be happy with what we have? The GVL do a fantastic job of promoting our game throughout the region particularly with rugby league threatening to take the bull by the horns . The statistics etc are fantastic for engagement. Have to disagree bullpen

You advocated a GV podcast yourself last year Thermos ... why so pessimistic on this iteration of the idea?

Hey boys,

Watching Rankine sing last night at the boxing event got me thinking ahead for our big day in September and around the entertainment. Would be great to have a legend play at halftime for the neutral viewer. Maybe someone like Guy Sebastian to belt out some sing alongs. Let me know any suggestions and I might take those ideas to the board. Hooroo

You might take them to the board ... ? Give me a spell mate!!

You advocated a GV podcast yourself last year Thermos ... why so pessimistic on this iteration of the idea?

People not able to change opinions silver tongue? Clearly since the podcast idea was raised the league has gone to a new level with organic social media growth. It’s funny that you took the piss out of me on that occasion (for in my thoughts a great idea) and continue to do so…maybe you shouldn’t be so protective and precious about what appears to be YOUR forum. There’s always room for others. Very disappointing and unwelcoming culture in here. Boys club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back