Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It's bloody appalling!
I've said it before... and I'll say it again... Fridays paper has write ups for each game and a 'special feature' on the game of the round (even a 'remember when/who article). And Mondays a full wrap of weekends games. Not stats!!!
Bendigo Addy used to have the best but even its gone down hill.
Unfortunately not as many people buy the papers anymore, just us older folk 😁... but surely it can go into their online content?🤷‍♂️

It's bloody appalling!
7-8 years ago mcmedia looked to form a partnership with the GVL which would have been extremely financially beneficial for the GV and likewise for mcmedia .
O&M had already commenced similar agreements and they’ve continued to forge ahead .
The GVL seemingly opted out in preference of firstly not doing anything and now contracting out filming , stats and then I assume on sell some of that data to mcmedia .
it would appear an absolute shit show for all .

7-8 years ago mcmedia looked to form a partnership with the GVL which would have been extremely financially beneficial for the GV and likewise for mcmedia .
O&M had already commenced similar agreements and they’ve continued to forge ahead .
The GVL seemingly opted out in preference of firstly not doing anything and now contracting out filming , stats and then I assume on sell some of that data to mcmedia .
it would appear an absolute shit show for all .
As l recall Roar it wasn't going to be as rosey as you make it sound, might have to test Tony Hansen or Garry Brown's memories on that night's vote.It was quite a financial outlay for clubs to McMedia for very little return to clubs.

The coverage of the GVL in general is a disgrace. Completely second rate compared to the bigger and better O&M

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
My favourite one is the guy who does the pregame write up in the game day booklet. Legitimately just names the 5 players who were the 5 best from the week before and then tips a side. No detail, current form, position on ladder, ins and outs. Zero research.

My favourite one is the guy who does the pregame write up in the game day booklet. Legitimately just names the 5 players who were the 5 best from the week before and then tips a side. No detail, current form, position on ladder, ins and outs. Zero research.
Laughable Blues. I chuckle at that every week also.

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

Great result from Benalla, looks like final 6 is locked in now.

Ky would want to beat Mooroopna this week to ensure they don't finish 6th. Finishing 3rd this year could do wonders.

Sitting at home watching the Olympics and hanging out for the athletics to start. If you were going to select 5 GVL athletes to compete in the 100m sprint final who would they be?

Maybe this could be a half time initiative from the league to honour the Olympic year. I will start. I nominate Echuca’s Sam Willerby.

There might be a few on here who recall in the 1980's the teams being announced on the radio (3SR?) On a Thursday night at about 9.30. You would tune in religiously.
Not sure if they continued that tradition through the 90's as I moved to Melbourne then O/S.

With two (potentially three) TV channels at that point it was a highlight. As Jayco intimated Fridays Shepparton News was another highlight for those passionate about GV footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There might be a few on here who recall in the 1980's the teams being announced on the radio (3SR?) On a Thursday night at about 9.30. You would tune in religiously.
Not sure if they continued that tradition through the 90's as I moved to Melbourne then O/S.

With two (potentially three) TV channels at that point it was a highlight. As Jayco intimated Fridays Shepparton News was another highlight for those passionate about GV footy.

I remember this fondly tongue. I would sit back on the recliner and almost look forward to it from Monday. Also in recent times the Saturday morning show on ONEFM. Does that still exist?

Sitting at home watching the Olympics and hanging out for the athletics to start. If you were going to select 5 GVL athletes to compete in the 100m sprint final who would they be?

Maybe this could be a half time initiative from the league to honour the Olympic year. I will start. I nominate Echuca’s Sam Willerby.

Luke Smith for me. Wins by 4L

As l recall Roar it wasn't going to be as rosey as you make it sound, might have to test Tony Hansen or Garry Brown's memories on that night's vote.It was quite a financial outlay for clubs to McMedia for very little return to clubs.
The agreement I am speaking about proceeded what followed which i assume is what you are referring . No cost , plus weekly record printed for free .

Aaron gamble ex mooroopna player late 90s was the state 200 and 400 metre champ Thermos. So I don't think anyone that's played gv would get near him. Although I will say a young Michael Braun run him down one day, I remember seeing that as a 12 year old

Willoby tore us apart the other week. This kid is something special, and quick, he'd be in my 4 x 100 sprint. Surprised he isn't still playing at a higher level?

Shane Naylor (Tatura) represented Australia in the 1994 Commonwealth Games 100 metre sprint.

Great discussion gents with some strong names raised. Looks as if Willerby has certainly caught a few eyes. Would be scintillating to watch him tear up deakin in 8 weeks time on a 25 degree day!

Willoby tore us apart the other week. This kid is something special, and quick, he'd be in my 4 x 100 sprint. Surprised he isn't still playing at a higher level?
Willougby has been an outstanding VFL player for Footscray. However, the AFL/VFL teams do not offer much job security. Willoughby would/could be better than some of those on an AFL list at the Dogs but they will always get selected first.

Great discussion gents with some strong names raised. Looks as if Willerby has certainly caught a few eyes. Would be scintillating to watch him tear up deakin in 8 weeks time on a 25 degree day!
Do they do a grand final sprint? Many leagues do. You know what would be good to see each league in the state nominate a player for the afl sprint grand final day

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back