Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Tatura can’t continue down this track much longer. What happened yesterday shouldn’t happen at this level. I know they have injuries but so does everyone. The club is in a dire situation. I’m not sure what can be done to make them competitive. It’s starting to look like the last days of Tongala in the GV.
happens most weekends somewherh in local footbal. just saw the raining premier and second placed team in the ridell league kicked a combined 0.3 across seniors and reserves yetserday. the player who kickd 10 for seymour would he be the one who coburg never rated. name mason rings a bell from when a couple of douttas boys were training there. theyd kill for a goalkicker down here at city oval right now.

Was just thinking fellas…
When was the last time we didn’t have a clear cut favourite to run away with the flag?? I moved up this way around 2017 and obviously saw Kyabram go on their run up until covid and I have seen nothing but bottle green after covid. Hopefully see it even out in the next few years

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s really disappointing for them. They’ve obviously gone down a path that they hoped would have brought an upward trend and I give them credit for doing so, but it hasn’t worked at all. Clearly numbers at the club is an issue. I know they’re battling for senior players but the results in all grades is a massive concern.
By no means am I criticising the club either because I don’t know enough about what’s happening there. But as a fan of GV footy I don’t want to see any side perennially uncompetitive.
Great post mate! I'm not sure what they do to move forward. The days of buying a truckload of stars have vanished.

It’s really disappointing for them. They’ve obviously gone down a path that they hoped would have brought an upward trend and I give them credit for doing so, but it hasn’t worked at all. Clearly numbers at the club is an issue. I know they’re battling for senior players but the results in all grades is a massive concern.
By no means am I criticising the club either because I don’t know enough about what’s happening there. But as a fan of GV footy I don’t want to see any side perennially uncompetitive.
No high school , Shepp Juniors increasing grades and GVL giving up on having 2 grades of juniors .

Yeah got lost in the middle of rochy. Went past that Caltex that you were referring to. Nice joint. Don’t think that rumours true though very nice people in there. They have some very nice olay moisturising cream in that joint as well. It’s alright thermos we all forgive you. We know how much you live and breath this forum and I’d like to thank you for your ongoing support. You just crossed the line and I am glad that you can see you have done wrong by the forum. Keep the temperatures rising. Many thanks Olay
You do realise there is no Caltex service station in Rochester?

Not sure what town you were in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just thinking fellas…
When was the last time we didn’t have a clear cut favourite to run away with the flag?? I moved up this way around 2017 and obviously saw Kyabram go on their run up until covid and I have seen nothing but bottle green after covid. Hopefully see it even out in the next few years

There’s always been 1 clear cut team hasn’t there lately. Even prior to Kyabram’s dominance Benalla were a dominating force, almost going undefeated in 2014 I believe.

Can you imagine in Ky and Echuca were both in their prime at the same time. Who do you think would win, 2016-18 Kyabram or 2022-24 Echuca?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There’s always been 1 clear cut team hasn’t there lately. Even prior to Kyabram’s dominance Benalla were a dominating force, almost going undefeated in 2014 I believe.

Can you imagine in Ky and Echuca were both in their prime at the same time. Who do you think would win, 2016-18 Kyabram or 2022-24 Echuca?

Now this is a fantastic comparison. I think Kyabram batted far deeper but Echuca is brimming with a stunning top 15. I also gauge that the competition was at a higher standard pre-covid. Obviously up for discussion and hard to pick but I would be going with Kyabram by 4 points if they played off. Hard to seperate.

Still feel the Seymour three peat was as good as it gets.

He might have to 'Chalk' that one down to a failure of Google Maps?
Weird times mate. Olay wanders around a Caltex in Rochester that doesn't exist. BigDave chooses to join the thread after drinking in a pub in Rushworth that has been closed for 2 years.

I think someone/some people are stuffing up this thread.

And tomorrow will be interesting when the collective brain wakes up! Olay, Dave, Thermos, Fat Cat ...

Tongue. Please. We don’t need to rehash again. I have no alliance to those guys and am entitled to my own views which for months now have been consistent..

Be careful what you wish for tongue. I feel as if my contribution has only strengthened this forum and created an environment where our great league is receiving the attention it deserves.

Last edited:
league medal candidates? I've given it my best go, probably missing a few.

Benalla's Welsh
Echuca's McHale
Euroa's Hayes not enough games, maybe Pendlebury.
Kyabram's Herbert, Ogden and Depasqaule all right up there.
Mansfields' Mahoney brothers are always strong with Howes lurking.
Mooroopna's McCarthy.
Rochester's Trewhella.
Seymour's Beattie & Mason but haven't won enough games for max votes.
Bear's Decicco & Smith.
Swan's Kovacekic in the ruck. Big unit who controls games.
United's Cucinotta.
Tatura's Elliot or B.Ryan from a stellar front half of year.

I am liking one of bears boys as my tip!

league medal candidates? I've given it my best go, probably missing a few.

Benalla's Welsh
Echuca's McHale
Euroa's Hayes not enough games, maybe Pendlebury.
Kyabram's Herbert, Ogden and Depasqaule all right up there.
Mansfields' Mahoney brothers are always strong with Howes lurking.
Mooroopna's McCarthy.
Rochester's Trewhella.
Seymour's Beattie & Mason but haven't won enough games for max votes.
Bear's Decicco & Smith.
Swan's Kovacekic in the ruck. Big unit who controls games.
United's Cucinotta.
Tatura's Elliot or B.Ryan from a stellar front half of year.

I am liking one of bears boys as my tip!
LOVE THIS blues. McCarthy a big smokie I am certain!

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back